This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

21 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

De La Haye injured himself making a tackle. Vasher hasn't done anything yet this year. I don't even think he's been on the field.

De La Haye fractured his neck in multiple places.  No idea what happened with Mollette, but he's expected to return.  Vasher hasnt' seen the field much with the Roughnecks receivers getting so many catches.

On 4/8/2024 at 9:17 PM, MJWalker45 said:

I'm saying they look like they don't plan on staying there because of how the field is laid out. At least DC has a reason why they don't have all of the same markings as the rest of the league. Fans that are already hesitant to get involved with the league will look at that as a sign Detroit isn't taking the league seriously.

Eh, they do have light blue in their color scheme at least.  Though it would be nicer if they could touch it up a bit more at least. They’ve probably got bigger fish to fry though. 

• Like 2

UFL has had some really entertaining finishes to their games the first three weeks.

DC was down 10 with just over 2 minutes remaining. Scores, and converts the 4th and 12 to get the ball again. Sets up a 49 yard field goal to win 29-28 on the final play of the game.

• Like 1

And overall for Week 3:

Attendance really isn’t a huge deal IMO. TV ratings and the NFL potentially investing into this league are the real long-term areas of concern. Or, it’ll be another spring league come and gone and maybe people will stop for awhile. I hope that doesn’t happen because the quality of play is way up from what I’ve seen, but the track record is there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

And overall for Week 3:

Attendance really isn’t a huge deal IMO. TV ratings and the NFL potentially investing into this league are the real long-term areas of concern. Or, it’ll be another spring league come and gone and maybe people will stop for awhile. I hope that doesn’t happen because the quality of play is way up from what I’ve seen, but the track record is there.

The fact that except for two games this weekend, almost every game was still up for grabs in the fourth should get attention as well. Houston looks to be the league's punching bag and the team that everyone picked to finish last is hanging with the team picked to run the division. I also only counted one missed FG so far this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It's been a while since I posted about this moron:

Says his goal is to make MLFB the best football league in America and that they will be better than the NFL.  

In other words, he's a delusional schmuck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Says his goal is to make MLFB the best football league in America and that they will be better than the NFL.  

Wait, which nut job with the MLFB is this one... Frank Murtha, or the other jackass?

Wow, actually listened to the video.  This is such a trainwreck.  He came so close to saying, "We're going to pay players in exposure".  We want the best talent, but we're going to pay them from ticket sales... and coaches should coach for the love of the game...

3 hours ago, PTrudellJr said:

Wait, which nut job with the MLFB is this one... Frank Murtha, or the other jackass?

Wow, actually listened to the video.  This is such a trainwreck.  He came so close to saying, "We're going to pay players in exposure".  We want the best talent, but we're going to pay them from ticket sales... and coaches should coach for the love of the game...

He is the other one.  

Also if his league fails, he's going to blame the NFL for his league failing.  

6 hours ago, Red Comet said:

And overall for Week 3:

Attendance really isn’t a huge deal IMO. TV ratings and the NFL potentially investing into this league are the real long-term areas of concern. 

Based on some recent reminiscing in another thread, I shall note that this was basically the Arena League's plan circa 2003.

If attendance was not a concern, they could have just run all the games out of Birmingham and/or Arlington.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

23 hours ago, GDAWG said:

This guy is comedy gold.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

10 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

This guy is comedy gold.

I am waiting for an episode where the league fails and he blames the NFL for it and plans to sue the NFL.  

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I am waiting for an episode where the league fails and he blames the NFL for it and plans to sue the NFL.  

By his timelines, we've got around 2 months for that to happen.

38 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Week 3 TV Ratings.

Crazy that it's harder to go up against a glorified college football practice (Ohio State vs DC/Arlington) than it was the Masters (Battlehawks/Brahmas). 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 4/16/2024 at 12:49 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Crazy that it's harder to go up against a glorified college football practice (Ohio State vs DC/Arlington) than it was the Masters (Battlehawks/Brahmas). 

Pretty sure the target audience for The Masters since Tiger stopped being good is my 92-year old Granddad who used golf as a sleeping aid. 

I'm not surprised an Ohio State scrimmage would draw more people who want to watch football than a golf tournament. People will go for what is familiar over what is new most of the time and like it or not, Ohio State football is the definition of familiar. 

I like alt-football too. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't. But, clearly, I am NOT most people. 

Edited by Red Comet
RIP
  • Like 3