This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

It is too soon for the UFL to relocate teams after the 2024 season as it shows instability.  Give these teams one more year with proper marketing and moving the practices to the respective cities.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

It is too soon for the UFL to relocate teams after the 2024 season as it shows instability.  Give these teams one more year with proper marketing and moving the practices to the respective cities.  

Because attendance figures of 5-7k show what, exactly?

It's where I sit.

10 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That they need to fix things really fast for 2025, because if this continues in 2025, there will be no 2026 for the UFL.  

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

That they need to fix things really fast for 2025, because if this continues in 2025, there will be no 2026 for the UFL.  

So move them in an effort to fix it, lest they not be here the year after.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

3 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So move them in an effort to fix it, lest they not be here the year after.

But how many teams?  If they do have to relocate teams, they need to figure out how many they have to relocate.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Brings up a good point on attempting to reduce injuries as they’re happening too fast.

I don't think the injury bug is worse this year than normal, but you also have idiots that are trying to say that if they kept the old XFL kickoff players wouldn't be on the injured list. Those injuries would have occurred regardless of the style of kickoff, because those players weren't tackling properly. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think the injury bug is worse this year than normal, but you also have idiots that are trying to say that if they kept the old XFL kickoff players wouldn't be on the injured list. Those injuries would have occurred regardless of the style of kickoff, because those players weren't tackling properly. 

San Antonio’s YouTube Kicker literally admitted he needed to learn how to tackle.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

Overall folks need to chill out on the "sky is falling" mentality over the attendance. I'm quite sure there are a lot of folks like me that have bought in heavily on past spring leagues to only see them falter and vanish and are taking a more cautious approach to fandom this time around.

I'm watching at least parts of almost every game, catching highlights on YouTube and the like, but I'm not "all in" as I have been in the past.

I'd bet this is even more rampant in towns (Birmingham, Memphis, San Antonio) that have seen many spring football teams come and go.

Patience, I'd bet the folks running this thing are a little better at making the decisions that we are.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Skycast said:

Overall folks need to chill out on the "sky is falling" mentality over the attendance. I'm quite sure there are a lot of folks like me that have bought in heavily on past spring leagues to only see them falter and vanish and are taking a more cautious approach to fandom this time around.

I think the one thing the league knew coming in was that they need to show the desire to stay in place. The XFL wasn't expecting to make profit for 5 years from 2023. The TV numbers have remained steady, which is something that hadn't happened with either league last year.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10078873-the-rock-talks-xfl-after-leagues-reported-60m-loss-in-2023-this-is-the-long-game

Having very competitive games helps keep people glued to the channel, and except for maybe four games so far they've all been close right up until the last two minutes. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Skycast said:

I'm watching at least parts of almost every game, catching highlights on YouTube and the like, but I'm not "all in" as I have been in the past.

I'd bet this is even more rampant in towns (Birmingham, Memphis, San Antonio) that have seen many spring football teams come and go.

Patience, I'd bet the folks running this thing are a little better at making the decisions that we are.

None of what you are posting addresses why I made the comment about attendance range in the 5-7k area.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

None of what you are posting addresses why I made the comment about attendance range in the 5-7k area.

3 hours ago, Skycast said:

The Panthers were able to get a booth near the NFL Draft, if not inside the main area itself, so at least this should help get some fans interested in the two remaining games they have. Hopefully they get at least 10,000 but I think that depends just as much as how they do before then as it does their marketing pitches at the booths. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The Panthers were able to get a booth near the NFL Draft, if not inside the main area itself, so at least this should help get some fans interested in the two remaining games they have. Hopefully they get at least 10,000 but I think that depends just as much as how they do before then as it does their marketing pitches at the booths. 

That would be great if it did, and I hope that it does.  But...

Do you know what sort of football NFL fans like? The NFL and to a lesser extent NCAA.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That would be great if it did, and I hope that it does.  But...

Do you know what sort of football NFL fans like? The NFL and to a lesser extent NCAA.

And those people who can't afford to go to NFL games might want to catch the UFL and enjoy pro football that's still creating it's own fan experience. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pretty good attendance in DC:

Audi Field seats 20,000.  While MLS venues are the perfect size for the UFL, not every MLS team will be open to having spring football at their venues as the DC Defenders have done. 

• Like 1