This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

40 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Pretty sure the target audience for The Masters since Tiger stopped being good is my 92-year old Granddad who uses golf as a sleeping aid. 

I'm not surprised an Ohio State scrimmage would draw more people who want to watch football than a golf tournament. People will go for what is familiar over what is new most of the time and like it or not, Ohio State football is the definition of familiar. 

I like alt-football too. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't. But, clearly, I am NOT most people. 

I'm not really surprised, but there were people saying that the Masters would impact the Sunday games. Looks like that wasn't an issue after all. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Unless someone can guarantee 15,000 every game, which other than St. Louis I don't think any city in the country can, work on getting numbers up this year and then work your butt off advertising during the NFL season. If you do that next year and still aren't getting fans, then look at moving them. You are sharing space with the Lions, make it work for you. That's what the Commanders did, working with UTSA, but the Brahmas haven't as far as I'm aware. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Unless someone can guarantee 15,000 every game, which other than St. Louis I don't think any city in the country can, work on getting numbers up this year and then work your butt off advertising during the NFL season. If you do that next year and still aren't getting fans, then look at moving them. You are sharing space with the Lions, make it work for you. That's what the Commanders did, working with UTSA, but the Brahmas haven't as far as I'm aware. 

Difference is the Panthers are playing in the home of a team that was a 2nd half meltdown away from the Super Bowl after many years of bad to mediocrity. San Antonio isn't.

3 minutes ago, McCall said:

Difference is the Panthers are playing in the home of a team that was a 2nd half meltdown away from the Super Bowl after many years of bad to mediocrity. San Antonio isn't.

Both teams aren't as active locally as they can be. Besides UTSA, Incarnate Word and Trinity have very well known teams taht could be acknowledged during games as a way to get those college football fans in the game. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Putting two games on at the same time on the same channel is certainly a choice.

And, as it turns out, it's a choice that worked out well. Fox is now able to switch to the Michigan - San Antonio game during the lightning delay in Birmingham.

• Like 4

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

So Birmingham got a safety off a bad punt snap and the refs had no clue why the Defenders & Stallions were lining up for a free kick.

Auditioning for the NFL by being clueless and incompetent

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

Houston and Michigan need to be moved. NFL markets that aren't drawing well. Birmingham should be doing better, but going up against the A-Game (which drew 72k) one week and poor weather another, I'll give them some leeway. But Michigan and Houston have been low all 3 home games between them.

16 minutes ago, McCall said:

Houston and Michigan need to be moved. NFL markets that aren't drawing well. Birmingham should be doing better, but going up against the A-Game (which drew 72k) one week and poor weather another, I'll give them some leeway. But Michigan and Houston have been low all 3 home games between them.

Michigan has had 3 home games and Houston has had 2. Their average is still around 7,000 for the 5 games. Houston being winless, and also pretty bad up until today didn't help. I think the league needs to accept that they need to have physical advertising in these cities, and as far as I can tell none of them have it. The league just figured that if St. Louis didn't need it they don't need to do that for anyone else. And since the Rock is back to focusing on WWE/TKO the only time he's been seen is the ZOA Energy drink commercials. Surprisingly, I think a lot of people are happy that's been the limit of his influence so far this year. 

20 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Does the UFL have a trade deadline or at the very least are teams able to trade players?

I don't know if they have a deadline, but teams are able to do trades. I think with so many free agents that would have been on a team in either one of the old leagues, teams don't feel like they have to go to other teams to fix roster holes. I know a few Brahmas fans that want Lindsey Scott from Arlington, but it was also unlikely Arlington was going to let him go. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Michigan has had 3 home games and Houston has had 2. Their average is still around 7,000 for the 5 games. Houston being winless, and also pretty bad up until today didn't help. I think the league needs to accept that they need to have physical advertising in these cities, and as far as I can tell none of them have it. The league just figured that if St. Louis didn't need it they don't need to do that for anyone else. And since the Rock is back to focusing on WWE/TKO the only time he's been seen is the ZOA Energy drink commercials. Surprisingly, I think a lot of people are happy that's been the limit of his influence so far this year. 

I don't know if they have a deadline, but teams are able to do trades. I think with so many free agents that would have been on a team in either one of the old leagues, teams don't feel like they have to go to other teams to fix roster holes. I know a few Brahmas fans that want Lindsey Scott from Arlington, but it was also unlikely Arlington was going to let him go. 

7k  average across 5 games (equivalent of a team's full season home schedule) is not good at all. That's only 1k more than the Vegas Vipers averaged last year. I still think Michigan is most hurt by the new success of the Lions, and one could argue the same with Houston and the Texans. Two Texas teams is enough for now (as long as the Renegades pick it up, then it a few years, it could be San Antonio as the lone star in the state... clever punnery if I do say so myself). 

4 minutes ago, raz said:

Anyone want to comment on the drop of 9,000 in St. Louis? 

Good lord, why are so many people acting like this is the end of the world?🤦‍♂️

It was an 11;30am start couple with the Cardinals playing at 1:15 and honestly the dropoff only looks as big as it does because they drew over 40k last time. They still more than doubled the next highest attendance figure (DC - 15,052) and have continued to add to their list of highest attendance figures in modern spring football.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, McCall said:

Good lord, why are so many people acting like this is the end of the world?🤦‍♂️

I didn't say that at all. I was just asking for reactions. "Defensive" is a reaction! 😂

BTW, that's a 22% drop week over week. Just noting. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raz said:

I didn't say that at all. I was just asking for reactions. "Defensive" is a reaction! 😂

BTW, that's a 22% drop week over week. Just noting. 

I've been on TwiX explaining this all day to people who want to use it as the sign of the apocalypse. It would be pretty obvious if anybody did basic searching. And "22% drop" is wildly taking it out of context and grossly overplaying it for dramatic effect. It's still an insane figure for modern spring football, especially this season.