This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

9 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Hate to say it but a combination of things have made Houston troublesome this year. Might have been better to have them sit out the first year of UFL and go with Seattle instead. 

Seattle's "demise" was due to geography. Being the only team west of Texas was not cost efficient.

If they moved the Panthers and Roughnecks out to say some 2-city combination of Oakland, San Diego or Seattle, then split the league East-West (Arlington and San Antonio moving to the west), that might work.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GDAWG said:

With the A's leaving the Oakland Coliseum after this year, would the UFL put a team there?  If so, would they get a St. Louis like crowd?  

I think they would need to do a lot of work with the Coliseum. Not as much as what the Raiders wanted, but there has to be some upkeep done to make it worth the city's, and the UFL's time. 

48 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

How eager is San Diego in wanting to get a pro team back?

(I also think Baltimore could be a viable market for Spring football)

With three teams sharing the stadium over spring and summer, Snapdragon is likely not going to want to have a fourth tenant at the same time (Wave, SDFC, San Diego rugby). I think San Diego could be a second version of the Battlehawks in terms of ticked off NFL fans that want a team to root for, but they need another venue instead of Snapdragon. 

11 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Hate to say it but a combination of things have made Houston troublesome this year. Might have been better to have them sit out the first year of UFL and go with Seattle instead. 

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Seattle's "demise" was due to geography. Being the only team west of Texas was not cost efficient.

If they moved the Panthers and Roughnecks out to say some 2-city combination of Oakland, San Diego or Seattle, then split the league East-West (Arlington and San Antonio moving to the west), that might work.

This version of the Roughnecks are also not the 2023 version. That team is playing to the west of them in San Antonio. Also, the Texans finally got out of the doldrums and are looking to be a legitimate AFC challenger for the Super Bowl. That, as well as not playing in their previous home stadium, is hurting the Roughnecks this year. Like @McCallpointed out, any expansion teams that come out need to be paired up at least in pairs of two, as a way to get the fans of both teams excited about the upcoming seasons. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Whoever owns that overhead camera used on broadcasts really, really needs to color balance it. It made St. Louis' blue pants look purple and DC's red uniforms look orange. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they would need to do a lot of work with the Coliseum. Not as much as what the Raiders wanted, but there has to be some upkeep done to make it worth the city's, and the UFL's time. 

There will probably be some renovations to the Coliseum when the Oakland Roots start playing there in 2025.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McCall said:

They pretty much fly from DFW  to whichever venue is hosting the game. Where they fly too isn't as big a factor when you figure it's only 5 games a year would be Seattle instead of to Houston. 

1 minute ago, MalibuSunrise said:

The Oakland Roots (USL) and Oakland Soul (W-USL) both plan to use the Coliseum beginning in 2025. Not sure if if they would want to share with professional football. 

The Coliseum is going to have to be renovated before both teams move in there.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

The Coliseum is going to have to be renovated before both teams move in there.  

Correct. It also would be cool to see the Oakland Invaders look return. Hopefully the UFL can hold on but I'm not very confident. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

CPKC only seats 11,500. While that may be about average for now with some lower attendances, it's far below the ideal average they'd prefer. Children's Mercy Park in KCKS seats just under 18,500. Used to think that was a tad small for the desired 20k, but would be fine at this point in time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McCall said:

CPKC only seats 11,500. While that may be about average for now with some lower attendances, it's far below the ideal average they'd prefer. Children's Mercy Park in KCKS seats just under 18,500. Used to think that was a tad small for the desired 20k, but would be fine at this point in time.

Theres always the option of Arrowhead if it gets abandoned by the Chiefs. Sure it’s significantly larger, but could pull in crowds similar to the Dome in St Louis.

56 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Theres always the option of Arrowhead if it gets abandoned by the Chiefs. Sure it’s significantly larger, but could pull in crowds similar to the Dome in St Louis.

That's a ways down the road and far from a guarantee. Plus, it would depend on what they do with it IF the Chiefs were to move. Since they'd most likely just hop across the border into Kansas, they might just demolish it instead of paying for upkeep. Not like they would get another NFL team to play there if the Chiefs are still in the KC area.

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Children's%20Mercy%20Park.jpg?cb=f41b97f

Children's Mercy Park makes more sense than CPKC. You want your stadium to be slightly larger than expected crowds instead of limiting growth. I haven't heard of anyone considering Kansas City, however. 

whm050124fitkccurrentstadium-005-65f1e9a

Other than building up the sides, expansion is pretty limited here. It's still got more space to work with than the Pittsburgh Riverhounds' stadium does. I still don't know why people get excited about the idea of playing in a stadium that seats under 6,000. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Children's%20Mercy%20Park.jpg?cb=f41b97f

Children's Mercy Park makes more sense than CPKC. You want your stadium to be slightly larger than expected crowds instead of limiting growth. I haven't heard of anyone considering Kansas City, however. 

whm050124fitkccurrentstadium-005-65f1e9a

Other than building up the sides, expansion is pretty limited here. It's still got more space to work with than the Pittsburgh Riverhounds' stadium does. I still don't know why people get excited about the idea of playing in a stadium that seats under 6,000. 

the Riverhounds are planning on tripling the size of their stadium:

Riverhounds planning expansion project that would nearly triple capacity of Highmark Stadium - CBS Pittsburgh (cbsnews.com)

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

That sounds good, but other than building on top of the end zones, I don't know how they'll get that done. I'm guessing it means a lot of teardown and rebuild though, based on the current layout of the stadium. Is that rail line still operational as well? 

2781bb4aecf7097cb6823fabb962fa98.jpg?v=1

DJI_0174.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png