This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

15 minutes ago, walkerws said:

I think a Canton team, funded by a Cleveland ownership would make sense. They could use McKinley's new athletic fieldhouse or even Massillon's to work out in and then play at Fawcett Stadium (Hall of Fame Stadium). A team that is truly Canton's would possibly draw well and there's enough other HOF Village events that you could tie in to it to fill-up the seats. They have to play in March though. February is still "football" weather but no one is sitting in those cold bleachers. 

I think we would still see teams operating out of Arlington for at least one more year, unless they decided to set up two hubs with Birmingham as the other training hub. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The UFL will have to vet any prospective owners.  Example, if they decide to sell the Michigan Panthers and there are two prospective ownership groups and one of them has a background in Crypto and the other group is a group of investors that includes Dan Gilbert and Tom Gores, take the Gilbert/Gores group.  Not vetting owners is what is currently killing the indoor version of the game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The UFL will have to vet any prospective owners.  Example, if they decide to sell the Michigan Panthers and there are two prospective ownership groups and one of them has a background in Crypto and the other group is a group of investors that includes Dan Gilbert and Tom Gores, take the Gilbert/Gores group.  Not vetting owners is what is currently killing the indoor version of the game.

The indoor game doesn't care to vet owners. It's merely the promise of money that keeps it afloat.

It's where I sit.

Sirius XM will have all the game on for those who can't make the games. Also, at least for the Brahmas, but probably for everyone else:

20% off single game tickets

Your San Antonio Brahmas charge into the inaugural season of the United Football League at The Alamodome on March 31. 

Immerse yourself in the excitement, the community, and the thrill of football - San Antonio style. Watch as the Brahmas face off against the DC Defenders in an Easter Sunday showdown that sets the tone for our season. 

This is your chance to be part of the roar, to support your team, and to witness the strength of San Antonio firsthand. Don't sit this one out—secure your tickets today and be there to shout ‘Vamos Brahmas’ as we embark on a new season. Your seat is waiting. 

Vamos Brahmas!

Act now and score 20% off single tickets with promo code: KICK20

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Pretty much every XFL partner from last year will again be involved this year.  Gatorade replacing Pedialyte for sideline hydration is the one big change. 

One interesting item on the UFL store. Bluetooth boom boxes. Mini helmets were shown, but it looks like they are still only available for the former USFL teams. 

v6iY51O.png

tUHkwHW.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

With the NFL adopting the XFL kick off, is the UFL going to use it now? Last I heard Daryl Johnston hated it and so they are using the USFL kickoff which was just the traditional NFL kick off. 

Correct.

Kickoffs

Kickoffs will look like more traditional college/NFL kickoffs but will take place from the 20-yard line of the kicking team. A kickoff out of bounds will give possession to the receiving team 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff or at the spot where the ball went out of bounds. A kickoff that is untouched by the receiving team may only be recovered by the kicking team up to 20 yards from the spot of the kick.

Other Kicking/Touchback Rules

All touchbacks on kicks (punts or kickoffs) will be placed at the receiving team’s 25-yard line. Any punt that goes out of bounds inside the receiving team’s 25-yard line will be considered a touchback and placed at the 25-yard line. Non-kicking touchbacks will also be placed at the 25-yard line.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The drones will be back. 🤮 I hope this is only for the outdoor stadiums, because I think trying to have these buzz around at St. Louis and San Antonio will be an issue. Especially St. Louis if the stadium is full from top to bottom. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The drones will be back. 🤮 I hope this is only for the outdoor stadiums, because I think trying to have these buzz around at St. Louis and San Antonio will be an issue. Especially St. Louis if the stadium is full from top to bottom. 

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

🙄👎

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

38 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd prefer the vuvezelas. At least they'll run out of air. 

Unlike USFL, there were actual fans at the game to drown out some of the vuvuzelas.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

8 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

They got permission from the UFL to do this, so it won't be a significant issue.  The issue would be if they didn't get permission.  

34 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

They got permission from the UFL to do this, so it won't be a significant issue.  The issue would be if they didn't get permission.  

Nah, last year in the USFL the drone sound was HORRIBLE.  The drones are mic-ed to get sound from the field, but most of the sound was their own props.

On 3/28/2024 at 12:26 PM, kmccarthy27 said:

With the NFL adopting the XFL kick off, is the UFL going to use it now? Last I heard Daryl Johnston hated it and so they are using the USFL kickoff which was just the traditional NFL kick off. 

Not unless there's some sort of backroom deal with the NFL to showcase the rule this season, they're going with the USFL's kickoff routine from last season.

I admit it would draw more eyes to the UFL as fans would look to see what the new rule looks like in live action before the NFL season...

• Like 1