This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

I'm at the Brahmas meet and greet. I'll post notes later. Moose and Wade are in attendance.

ABLVV873huDdOu0vSpC6a2Yi4QZ85Z3UzBX1xp5-

From Moose:

- Said that had the San Antonio AAF game gone off as planned, they were expecting 40,000 people for that game. That was a bit of a surprise that they expected it to be that big, but based on how the games had been trending, I would have expected at least 28,000. 

- When asked about fan interaction, he said that the advantage that the USFL had was that the teams were right there in the same town full time. With teams operating out of Arlington with the XFL/UFL, it will be harder to get the same level of interaction in the communities but that they want to get something more than what happened last year. Moose mentioned the kid's zones that the USFL had, and seeing if they can do something similar. San Antonio being so close to DFW makes it easier to do something in town outside of game days, but they would not guarantee that they can make it happen. 

- Wade came out taking shots at every team in the league and said he wants his players to love the city that they are playing in. Pretty much a lot of coach speak, including the raw raw, "San Antonio is much better than Houston" schtick. 

-Moose said that the reason to go with XFL rules for extra points was that they felt USFL teams were playing it to safe with the extra point and just taking the kick. They wanted to get them to be more aggressive and so they tossed out the PAT. Also pointed out that going with two feet in bounds was due to wanting to prepare players for the NFL. He pointed out that the kickoff being from the 20 yard line probably helped Brandon Aubrey as much as his FG kicks did, because he was routinely hitting 5 yards inside the end zone from the 20. That ability is also why they went with the USFL kick over the XFL version. 

ABLVV87AwVswwd7RHuQ-Eif8cUeqwE-xJAnmjolX

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

- Says that ESPN is interested (which I doubt because he keeps poking the NFL bear and ESPN is an NFL TV partner)

- Believes that the MLF will be around for decades.

- 20 teams in non-NFL markets, some have dropped out due to stadium issues.  Working on stadium agreements right now.

- 20 minutes, in he believes that his teams can beat NFL teams.  

So the guy in very bottom right is 24 years old and a GM of one of the teams.  That's not a big deal since the General Manager of the Two Time USFL Champions Birmingham Stallions is also 24.  

This may be the last one of these videos I post on here, unless you guys want more from this delusional man.  

7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

- Says that ESPN is interested (which I doubt because he keeps poking the NFL bear and ESPN is an NFL TV partner)

- Believes that the MLF will be around for decades.

- 20 teams in non-NFL markets, some have dropped out due to stadium issues.  Working on stadium agreements right now.

- 20 minutes, in he believes that his teams can beat NFL teams.  

So the guy in very bottom right is 24 years old and a GM of one of the teams.  That's not a big deal since the General Manager of the Two Time USFL Champions Birmingham Stallions is also 24.  

This may be the last one of these videos I post on here, unless you guys want more from this delusional man.  

I'd leave him to his delusions, especially since we don't expect this league to get anywhere.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd leave him to his delusions, especially since we don't expect this league to get anywhere.

Even though his claim is "non NFL markets" the NFL can make it really hard for him, especially if he doesn't allow players in his league to sign with the NFL when their season ends.  Blocking players from eventually getting to the NFL will not attract players.  He keeps poking the NFL bear so much that I can see him in one of his next videos not allowing players to go to the NFL when their season ends but also blocking non players from going to the NFL either.  He will probably say something about the need for his league to have roster stability unlike the spring leagues.  

One of the reasons the NFL didn't make it hard for the USFL and XFL to exist was because players from both leagues were allowed to pursue NFL opportunities once their seasons ended.  The UFL is expected to be the same, to allow their players to explore NFL opportunities when the season ends.  It seems unlikely that the UFL will block any of their coaches, General Managers or front office people from leaving if an NFL opportunity arises either.  The President of Football Operations Darryl Johnston has said that the UFL is not a developmental league for the NFL and that it's a stand alone league, but has also stated that they won't block anybody (players, coaches, General managers, etc) from pursuing NFL opportunities if they have any.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Even though his claim is "non NFL markets" the NFL can make it really hard for him, especially if he doesn't allow players in his league to sign with the NFL when their season ends.  Blocking players from eventually getting to the NFL will not attract players.  He keeps poking the NFL bear so much that I can see him in one of his next videos not allowing players to go to the NFL when their season ends but also blocking non players from going to the NFL either.  He will probably say something about the need for his league to have roster stability unlike the spring leagues.  

One of the reasons the NFL didn't make it hard for the USFL and XFL to exist was because players from both leagues were allowed to pursue NFL opportunities once their seasons ended.  The UFL is expected to be the same, to allow their players to explore NFL opportunities when the season ends.  It seems unlikely that the UFL will block any of their coaches, General Managers or front office people from leaving if an NFL opportunity arises either.  The President of Football Operations Darryl Johnston has said that the UFL is not a developmental league for the NFL and that it's a stand alone league, but has also stated that they won't block anybody (players, coaches, General managers, etc) from pursuing NFL opportunities if they have any.  

I think that’s the most practical relationship.  All these players’ agencies and likely coordinators from the NFLPA are knotted together anyway, so as long as both leagues and the player representation can be cooperative/neutral with each other, no harm done.  The UFL isn’t posturing as an NFL alternative or replacement, nor is it intended to be a feeder league.   And that’s ok.  No need to define the connection explicitly. 

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Fun Fact: Stallions Special Teams Coach Chris Boniol and Panthers DB Coach Brock Marion were former teammates of UFL President Darryl Johnston with the Dallas Cowboys.  They were teammates on the last Cowboys Super Bowl team (the Super Bowl where Barry Switzer screamed like a crazed maniac to Jerry Jones as soon as he held the Lombardi Trophy).

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

As a practice venue, this looks to be an upgrade over Eastern Michigan.  

It's probably pretty close to the same seating. The Brahmas are sharing the field as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2/26/2024 at 8:58 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Panthers posted a video of their “new home” which is a Texas High School football stadium

I’m not sure if you are trying to throw some shade with this remark or not, but it’s a great practice facility for the league.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Skycast said:

I’m not sure if you are trying to throw some shade with this remark or not, but it’s a great practice facility for the league.

I don't think most teams would refer to their training base as their "new home" instead of their "home away from home", but I don't think this is him taking a shot at anything other than the "new home". 

Also, no change for Arlington's helmets, at least it looks that the striping pattern won't change. I noticed the large amount of black helmets, I think they were late arrivals and they just got unpainted helmets for the moment. 

ia3bg15rz5lc1.jpeg?width=640&crop=smart&

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

cES4rKZ.png

Season ticket members should start seeing access to their tickets now. Here's the body of the email as well. I think we already knew the XFL site was to become the UFL mobile site. The email also includes a season ticket member code for 20% off, but same as last year you can't use it at the stadium. 

T4qk9v8.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wouldn't expect Cleveland to get a team, but I think going to 12 teams next season is a good call if they can get the right cities involved. I'd expect that people will want the Stars, Breakers and Sea Dragons back but the first two need to have stadiums taken care of by this summer to make them viable. And for Seattle, I think they need Portland or San Jose/Sacramento/Oakland to give them a nearby rival. I don't think 16 is viable until there is an arrangement with the NFL to take on practice squad players like the WLAF/NFL Europe league did in both iterations. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think a Canton team, funded by a Cleveland ownership would make sense. They could use McKinley's new athletic fieldhouse or even Massillon's to work out in and then play at Fawcett Stadium (Hall of Fame Stadium). A team that is truly Canton's would possibly draw well and there's enough other HOF Village events that you could tie in to it to fill-up the seats. They have to play in March though. February is still "football" weather but no one is sitting in those cold bleachers.