This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

An unexpected financial lifeline has come into play today.

Dwayne Johnson is now a board member of TKO, the Endeavor-owned conglomerate that operates WWE and UFC. This means, in theory, he now could have Ari Emanuel and the Saudi Kingdom's money to play with for his upstart football league, after the Fox money runs its course this season and if Redbird wants to sell. Looking forward to the expansion Baltimore Bonesaws and Philadelphia PowerSlaps.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 10/2/2023 at 10:37 AM, ManillaToad said:

Why doesn't the UXFL just find a billionaire who will give them free money?

On 10/2/2023 at 11:03 AM, CS85 said:

Make fun if you want, it's the only way this nickel-and-dime endeavor succeeds.

7 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

An unexpected financial lifeline has come into play today.

Dwayne Johnson is now a board member of TKO, the Endeavor-owned conglomerate that operates WWE and UFC. This means, in theory, he now could have Ari Emanuel and the Saudi Kingdom's money to play with for his upstart football league, after the Fox money runs its course this season and if Redbird wants to sell. Looking forward to the expansion Baltimore Bonesaws and Philadelphia PowerSlaps.

BOOM

• LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

spacer.png

• Applause 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

A friendly rival where? His imagination? 

I might be interested if this guy’s next video was him in a straightjacket.

He claimed last week that there's going to be a team in New York City because the Giants and Jets play in New Jersey.   Yes.....his reasoning for having a team in New York City is because the Giants and Jets play in New Jersey.  

There's a reason the NFL doesn't outright crush the UFL: the UFL will allow players to leave for the NFL at the end of the season.  They won't stand in the way of players wanting to play in the NFL and the NFL knows that, so the NFL allows the UFL to live and if the UFL dies, it's not because of them.  In fact, one of the UFL coaches, Anthony Becht of the St. Louis Battlehawks encouraged practice squad players to sign with the UFL instead of futures deals with the NFL, to show NFL teams what those players can actually do.  

Now, if this Major League Football blocks players from going to the NFL and blocks the NFL from signing players after the season ends, the NFL will crush his league even though he says that teams will be in non-NFL markets like Portland, San Diego, Oakland, Sacramento, North Carolina (he mentioned Durham in his week one video), West Virginia and San Antonio (among others).  If this league is going to be antagonistic towards the NFL, the NFL could use their considerable stroke to block this league from airing on any of their Broadcast and Streaming Partners (CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, Amazon) and in fact he said in a previous video that the league wanted to talk to ESPN about streaming on ESPN+ but ESPN never got back to him.  He has said that players are interested in playing for his league but if the league sees the NFL as the enemy, players who want to get back to the NFL will wait to play in the UFL.  

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

He claimed last week that there's going to be a team in New York City because the Giants and Jets play in New Jersey.   Yes.....his reasoning for having a team in New York City is because the Giants and Jets play in New Jersey.  

There's a reason the NFL doesn't outright crush the UFL: the UFL will allow players to leave for the NFL at the end of the season.  They won't stand in the way of players wanting to play in the NFL and the NFL knows that, so the NFL allows the UFL to live and if the UFL dies, it's not because of them.  In fact, one of the UFL coaches, Anthony Becht of the St. Louis Battlehawks encouraged practice squad players to sign with the UFL instead of futures deals with the NFL, to show NFL teams what those players can actually do.  

Now, if this Major League Football blocks players from going to the NFL and blocks the NFL from signing players after the season ends, the NFL will crush his league even though he says that teams will be in non-NFL markets like Portland, San Diego, Oakland, Sacramento, North Carolina (he mentioned Durham in his week one video), West Virginia and San Antonio (among others).  If this league is going to be antagonistic towards the NFL, the NFL could use their considerable stroke to block this league from airing on any of their Broadcast and Streaming Partners (CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN, Amazon) and in fact he said in a previous video that the league wanted to talk to ESPN about streaming on ESPN+ but ESPN never got back to him.  He has said that players are interested in playing for his league but if the league sees the NFL as the enemy, players who want to get back to the NFL will wait to play in the UFL.  

As much as local businesses news likes to talk about football teams here in San Antonio, no one is talking about another team playing here other than the Gunslingers. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rice Stadium confirmed for Houston. Hopefully this means we see the season schedule shortly.

UPDATE: Per the Comeback Period, the schedule will be released on Monday. No time stated yet.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

DC Posted the times and dates of the games on Facebook. You can clearly tell because the season starts 6 weeks later they have to schedule around DC United, so there are no night home games, and I am going to assume league wont flex times like they were doing at the end of last season. 

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kmccarthy27 said:

DC Posted the times and dates of the games on Facebook. You can clearly tell because the season starts 6 weeks later they have to schedule around DC United, so there are no night home games, and I am going to assume league wont flex times like they were doing at the end of last season. 

spacer.png

Using the Renegades superior logo?  I like.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, heavybass said:

For those that don't want to go to instagram...

spacer.png

San Antonio Brahmas 2024 Schedule

Week    Date    Opponent    Location
1    Sunday, March 31    DC Defenders    Alamodome 11:00 AM (ESPN)

2    Saturday, April 6    Memphis Showboats    Simmons Bank Liberty Stadium 11:00 AM (ESPN)
3    Sunday, April 14    St. Louis Battlehawks    Alamodome 2:00 PM (ABC)
4    Saturday, April 20    Michigan Panthers    Alamodome 6:00 PM (FOX)
5    Saturday, April 27    Arlington Renegades    Choctaw Stadium 6 PM (FOX)
6    Sunday, May 5    DC Defenders    Audi Field 3 PM (FOX)
7    Sunday, May 12    Houston Roughnecks    Rice Stadium 2 PM (ESPN)
8    Sunday, May 19    Arlington Renegades    Alamodome 3 PM (FOX)
9    Saturday, May 25    Birmingham Stallions    Alamodome 2 PM (ABC)
10    Saturday, June 1    St. Louis Battlehawks    The Dome at America’s Center 3 PM  (FOX)

3NdMDUo.png

Looking at the Brahmas schedule, I already like it so much more than last year's. Having them play Houston away should be a good gauge of how well this team could travel, especially since it's a 3:00 kickoff. Playing a much more balanced schedule should help pack the dome as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 hours ago, CS85 said:

Using the Renegades superior logo?  I like.

Yeah. Their “primary” logo reminds me of the logo for the Repliforce from Mega Man X4

spacer.png

spacer.png

Only so many ways you can design a letter but all I can think of seeing the Renegades’ primary is wondering what I’m fighting for or how to stop a “coop”