This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

22 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Counterpoint: I didn't see any fancy words in his post. 🤣

Referring to Arlington's win as the "most inspirational underdog run in recent memory" and saying it puts Perez "in the same class as Namath" is pretty fancy, aka, over-the-top language. Guess I should've specified that "fancy" also implied "over-the-top". 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105326-ufl-2024-rosters-revealed-following-super-dispersal-draft-after-xfl-usfl-merger

Kurt Benkert and Jack Coan are the only QBs on the rosters I recognized, and both play for the Brahmas.  Hopefully there's a couple more noteworthy players that opt into a roster for 2024 before week one.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, CS85 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10105326-ufl-2024-rosters-revealed-following-super-dispersal-draft-after-xfl-usfl-merger

Kurt Benkert and Jack Coan are the only QBs on the rosters I recognized, and both play for the Brahmas.  Hopefully there's a couple more noteworthy players that opt into a roster for 2024 before week one.

Benkert coming back is odd based on his social media that indicated he's retired.  He has also said nothing about playing in the UFL in 2024.  

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Benkert coming back is odd based on his social media that indicated he's retired.  He has also said nothing about playing in the UFL in 2024.  

Could they have "sat" on his rights in case he plays?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

That happened last season in the XFL.  Houston had his rights, he said no and ended up in San Antonio in the middle of season.  He got hurt and finished on the injured list.   I don't know if he wants to do that again.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I think this is the case. I would also expect him to not be first or second choice with San Antonio, even if he shows up to camp. He's started a YouTube channel of himself playing in Madden 24. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Apparently there's going to be a league called Major League Football (not the one that made it to camp in 2022 and failed to kick off that stranded players in Mobile) that plans on playing in the fall.....directly against the NFL, but in cities that are not in the NFL:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Apparently there's going to be a league called Major League Football (not the one that made it to camp in 2022 and failed to kick off that stranded players in Mobile) that plans on playing in the fall.....directly against the NFL, but in cities that are not in the NFL:

Yeah there's supposedly an MLF and MLFB.

2 hours ago, McCall said:

Yeah there's supposedly an MLF and MLFB.

That one video I posted is from the MLF.  The MLFB isn't coming back and they lost one of their coaches today when Jerry Glanville (yes that Jerry Glanville) took a job as Defensive Coordinator at Northwestern Oklahoma State.  

14 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I couldn't sit through the whole 1 hour update, so maybe someone who did can help me out. Are all the players going to be hot, single moms? 

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Telling teams they can't leave? That won't last long if they can't make money where they are. Granted, I don't expect this league to play a game either. I love that he has to clarify that they aren't attached to the other MLF(B). Originally I thought he was trying to take a shot at the UFL. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Telling teams they can't leave? That won't last long if they can't make money where they are. Granted, I don't expect this league to play a game either. I love that he has to clarify that they aren't attached to the other MLF(B). Originally I thought he was trying to take a shot at the UFL. 

He says that they will play on Sundays in Non-NFL markets like Portland, Oakland, Sacramento, North Carolina (mentions Durham) , South Carolina (Charleston) and Virginia (Norfolk).  He plans on making that show weekly.  I wonder what kind of players he's going to get to play for his league and if he'll be antagonistic towards the NFL (which it seems like he might be based on the video).  One thing about the UFL is that they will allow players to pursue NFL options and won't stand in their way when players sign with the NFL.  If this fall league blocks players from pursuing NFL opportunities, nobody will want to play in his league.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

One thing about the UFL is that they will allow players to pursue NFL options and won't stand in their way when players sign with the NFL.  If this fall league blocks players from pursuing NFL opportunities, nobody will want to play in his league.  

He'll flame out even worse than the original UFL did. They did try keeping the NFL off of their players by requiring what amounted to a transfer fee of around $100,000 after the first season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

He says that they will play on Sundays in Non-NFL markets like Portland, Oakland, Sacramento, North Carolina (mentions Durham) , South Carolina (Charleston) and Virginia (Norfolk).  He plans on making that show weekly.  I wonder what kind of players he's going to get to play for his league and if he'll be antagonistic towards the NFL (which it seems like he might be based on the video).  One thing about the UFL is that they will allow players to pursue NFL options and won't stand in their way when players sign with the NFL.  If this fall league blocks players from pursuing NFL opportunities, nobody will want to play in his league.  

Does he have owners for the teams? Does he have half a billion dollars?

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How does he expect people to put up $25-$50 million? If I had that I'd be talking to the UFL, or CFL, to see when it's possible to buy in.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

How does he expect people to put up $25-$50 million? If I had that I'd be talking to the UFL, or CFL, to see when it's possible to buy in.

I'm just throwing out numbers. Breathless announcements of cities that will be involved with no indication of backing are like posting concepts in the 2024 NFL Changes thread - it's fantasy sports and no more.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

8 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

he said in the video that initially the league will own the teams but eventually they will have team owners.  

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

I'm just throwing out numbers. Breathless announcements of cities that will be involved with no indication of backing are like posting concepts in the 2024 NFL Changes thread - it's fantasy sports and no more.

Just now, GDAWG said:

he said in the video that initially the league will own the teams but eventually they will have team owners.  

Exactly. When he mentions those numbers I got a good chuckle out of that. Because the only people that should be willing to lose that much money should be billionaires. And those guys will just buy an NFL team instead. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

33 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

That would suggest that the league has investors underwriting the operation to the tune of tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars. Until they disclose who's paying the bills, then it's just like @Sec19Row53 said: it's fantasy sports. 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 5:30 PM, GDAWG said:

Week 2 for those who are interested:

- Says that they reached out to ESPN for Streaming.  ESPN did not get back to them, but streaming is the route they will take.  Talking to other streaming services.

- Talking to Adidas about being an apparel company for the league

- Secured dates and availabilities for San Antonio.  

There's going to be a team in New York, in Long Island and they are playing on Sundays in the fall and he says that the reason is because the Jets and Giants play in New Jersey