This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

18 minutes ago, McCall said:

Which were not good.

I'd say San Antonio and Arlington (should revert to Dallas, but I digress) are enough for Texas. Stay at 8 teams for now and just figure out the best eastern half markets. St. Louis, San Antonio, Arlington, DC and Birmingham are a solid base for now. Just need to get 3 markets to go along with them before expanding. Even if you moved just one or two for next season and then the rest (if they didn't improve) out west with a couple expansion teams. May even need to forget the XFL and USFL conferences and just go East-West. Especially if you end up only having Birmingham truly left from the previous USFL.

I think they should have gone that route this year, but they wanted to make this a league of rivals for the first season and I get that. In the future, you hamstring you're identities when you lock half of them into USFL identities. Someone on Facebook was joking about bringing back the Breakers in Orlando. I'm pretty sure most of the people in that group didn't get the joke that the Breakers were the name of the fake NFL team that Hayden moves to for the last two years of Coach. I also think that even if you feel that you have to bring back an older USFL identity, you have to look at changing team colors. If Tampa Bay came back as the Bandits, you made need to incorporate a different color set because of how much red there already is in the current team identities. The same would go for the Maulers, who just need to go back to their original colors if they find a home and come back in. 

main-qimg-f192bd2370949ee5c46051aa1eda65coach-orlando-breakers-screen-used_1_757

26 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Send the Roughnecks to OKC and resurrect the Bandits brand with the move.

Maybe send them to Tucson and name them the Arizona Wranglers. Though again, you run into the possible problem of another team with too much red. You can always copy the Arizona Rattlers colors and add that red as an accent instead of a primary and go with turquoise jerseys as well, similar to this:

3c09GCg.jpg

Also, has any team ever shared season ticket packages with another team that uses the same stadium? I know it's pretty unusual but I think it would help keep league costs down if teams like the DC Defenders paired up with DC United to have a season ticket package for those people that would like to watch both teams? I know it probably would only apply to them for now, since I don't think the Lions care if the Panthers are there or not unless it impacts one of their planned activities. If the Defenders and DC United were both emailing their fans about upcoming games for either team I think that would bring more attention to either team that isn't happening now. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, SpidersReorg said:

Anyone thinking the Stallions might go 12-0?

I think they'll make the championship, but if St. Louis is there they'll lose. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Posted (edited)

If that was a preview of the UFL Championship, the rematch in St. Louis is going to be sold out. And that should be enough to say that maybe this league has a chance. 

EDIT: 

Edited by Red Comet
Adding attendance for the week
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, McCall said:

I've said for a long time Friday night should be their version of Thursday Night Football.

It would have to require expansion of the league and expansion is a good sign.  

So this would mean Fox intends to go beyond its initial 3-year commitment, right? I was surprised to see the UFL mentioned in the actual Deadline story and that Fox noted the league in its upfront. I figured this was a case of Fox announcing a couple sports for Fridays and some spring football enthusiasts rolling out the jump to conclusions mat, but it's not. An intriguing development. Also boy network TV is dire. I feel like we broke something unnecessarily there.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 hours ago, GDAWG said:

It would have to require expansion of the league and expansion is a good sign.  

Not necessarily. You can have a Friday night game, two on Saturday and then a Sunday afternoon game, if they wanted to stay at 8 teams for now.

UFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 8

USFL:

-Birmingham (7-0) [HAS CLINCHED PLAYOFFS]
*Can clinch HOME FIELD in the semi-finals w/: Win + Michigan Loss

-Michigan (5-2) [HAS CLINCHED PLAYOFFS]

XFL:

-St. Louis (5-2) can clinch playoffs w/ Win (vs. DC)

-San Antonio (5-2) can clinch playoffs w/ Win + DC Loss

(NOTE: If San Antonio clinches, DC is eliminated from playoff contention. DC is currently 3-4)

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

I thought it looked a bit better today. It's nice to see the attendance go up. I think one thing that's been hurting them is that a lot of people aren't yet willing to pay $65+ for the middle sections. When I've looked up tickets, the $27 and $22 dollar sections seem to be selling pretty well. It looks a bit scattered on TV because people aren't sitting in their assigned seats. They only sell tickets for the first 20 rows, but people are clearly choosing to sit higher up, and some may even be filling in the undersold middle sections.

spacer.png