This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

Before all of this merger talk, the USFL had been considering moving the Breakers to actual New Orleans with the two main options being Yulman Stadium and the smaller Shrine on Airline.  If they were to go with the latter, it would be like Vegas and Cashman Field in the XFL.  Superdome wasn't an option (for obvious reasons) and neither was Tad Gormley Stadium.  

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Everyone in the XFL except for Houston and Las Vegas have been selling season tickets. I think hubs have to be off the plate based on the amount of money that has to be paid back to fans because all of the XFL fans have paid their season tickets completely.

All right then, if six from the X are selling, plus the Stallions, Showboats, and Canton Pennsylvanians, then maybe we're getting a 10-team league with all home markets, and the Houston Roughblers  as your tenth?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

22 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

So...

Canton

Birmingham

Memphis

St. Louis

San Antonio

Houston

Arlington

And one more?

Also consider that they might be doing four hubs again, with Arlington as your fourth. That would screw St. Louis, but this entity has never been about the in-person fans, so why start now?

No way in hell the Battlehawks aren't playing in St. Louis, either as a single-home team or as a hub city.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, McCall said:

No way in hell the Battlehawks aren't playing in St. Louis, either as a single-home team or as a hub city.

If games aren't being played in St. Louis, in front of 20K-30K actual fans, then what exactly the point of having a league?

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Is Dwayne even going to stay involved with the league? The merger feels like he's kinda washing his hands of it

Probably not, but that is what it was in 2023. 

And if they keep San Antonio, I think the league might decide to rename them "San Antonio Bulls."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Probably not, but that is what it was in 2023. 

And if they keep San Antonio, I think the league might decide to rename them "San Antonio Bulls."  

There's no need to change team names because the original owner walks away 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Go the NFL-AFL route

Keep one of the league names and have two conferences named United Football Conference & Xtreme Football Conference

The USFL Hub Conference and the XFL Hub Conference.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Go the NFL-AFL route

Keep one of the league names and have two conferences named United Football Conference & Xtreme Football Conference

X doesn't actually stand for "Xtreme". It literally stands for nothing. It's like the S in Harry S. Truman. It's just an X.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

All right then, if six from the X are selling, plus the Stallions, Showboats, and Canton Pennsylvanians, then maybe we're getting a 10-team league with all home markets, and the Houston Roughblers  as your tenth?

I actually don't think they have a stadium in Houston locked down. It's believed, and maybe agreed to in principal that they'd play at Rice, but I haven't seen anything official. If they go hubs it may make more sense to put them in like San Antonio for now until they go away from hubs and TDECU is available again. I don't think they'd have 3 Texas hubs anyway.

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Keep the Roughnecks in Houston, move the Gamblers to Las Vegas, trash the Vipers

It would actually probably most likely be the Gamblers in Houston and trashing/"relocating" the Roughnecks and Vipers, maybe even under different names in different cities.