This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

They need to realize that the XFL and USFL brands have so very little equity.  You're better off looking for a Shad Kahn/AEW situation where an ostensibly non-insane billionaire can be the owner/backer to provide the surface legitimacy of a new brand straightaway and cover the up front cost hurdles of localization, travel, facilities, etc.   

Without that, this league is going to be just another bubble scam that lasts for a year before some scoundrels pick the bones after it inevitably perishes.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 minutes ago, CS85 said:

They need to realize that the XFL and USFL brands have so very little equity.  You're better off looking for a Shad Kahn/AEW situation where an ostensibly non-insane billionaire can be the owner/backer to provide the surface legitimacy of a new brand straightaway and cover the up front cost hurdles of localization, travel, facilities, etc.   

The only thing either name has is proximity to current memory. If they signed a deal with the NFL and were renamed the World League, it would be a better name than the NSFL, but it's nothing more than using historic names to pretend like their histories extend earlier than 2022 and 2023, respectively. 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Why doesn't the UXFL just find a billionaire who will give them free money?

Make fun if you want, it's the only way this nickel-and-dime endeavor succeeds.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

Without that, this league is going to be just another bubble scam that lasts for a year before some scoundrels pick the bones after it inevitably perishes.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk has suggested that if the NFL doesn't let them in once they change ownership rules (which they might have to do), that the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund create a rival league.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk has suggested that if the NFL doesn't let them in once they change ownership rules (which they might have to do), that the Saudi Arabia Public Investment Fund create a rival league.  

That's his answer to everything now.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, CS85 said:

How many millions have been lost over the last five years trying to get spring football off the ground?

And I don't think it even matters how loaded the owner is. How many millions are pumped into the product. The number of networks that cover it -- Spring football is something that just does not work. Until there's an actual NFL branded, American-based spring league, there's really zero chance of survival.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

6uXNWAo.png

On 9/30/2023 at 6:08 PM, GDAWG said:

That might be why it's not a lock that the Defenders come back if that is true.  

If necessary, the University of Maryland is right up the road.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

24 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

That's his answer to everything now.

He was furious as to the secrecy of the process the NFLPA did to replace DeMaurice Smith.  And he probably still thinks that Tom Brady is coming back to play for the 49ers or Dolphins even though he has retired (I was a "Tom Brady is fully retired, for good this time" skeptic because he did the same thing last year, but what made me change that was his return to New England and his comments on his podcast to which he said he didn't want to get hit anymore nor did he have any desire to wear a football uniform anymore).

• Like 1

At this point, just rip the bandaid off. Sell the naming right and go the G-League route. NSFL will not resonate with people the way either USFL or XFL did. The NSFL is at "The Spring League" level of clout.

If they want to avoid either name in a merger... just go all the way and at least make some money off it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

At this point, just rip the bandaid off. Sell the naming right and go the G-League route. NSFL will not resonate with people the way either USFL or XFL did.

I think the best thing to do is pick one or the other instead of creating new identities for the league. I like the Brahmas identity, and fortunately there's already another team in San Antonio with the Gunslingers name so that won't likely be swapped in, but I don't care if the patch says USFL or XFL if it means I get to watch them play in their home stadium 5 times a season. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 10/2/2023 at 11:17 AM, GDAWG said:

Florio is also the guy who reported that NFL owners were considering throwing an expansion franchise to St. Louis as a way to settle the city's litigation over the Rams move. He loves to throw crap out there to see what sticks. 

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Florio is also the guy who reported that NFL owners were considering throwing an expansion franchise to St. Louis as a way to settle the city's litigation over the Rams move. He loves to throw crap out there to see what sticks. 

He probably still believes that any time now, Tom Brady is going to come out of retirement to play for either the Dolphins or 49ers.  (BTW, I was a "Tom Brady is retired, but for good this time" skeptic until Week One when he did that ceremony in New England and the things he said on his Podcast as well).

• Like 1

If you want to dig even further, the USFL website has live links to buy season tickets for the Stallions and Showboats, as well as for Canton but doesn't identify any teams associated with the site. 

The season ticket links for the other teams aren't active.  

• Like 1

So...

Canton

Birmingham

Memphis

St. Louis

San Antonio

Houston

Arlington

And one more?

Also consider that they might be doing four hubs again, with Arlington as your fourth. That would screw St. Louis, but this entity has never been about the in-person fans, so why start now?

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

So...

Canton

Birmingham

Memphis

St. Louis

San Antonio

Houston

Arlington

And one more?

Also consider that they might be doing four hubs again, with Arlington as your fourth. That would screw St. Louis, but this entity has never been about the in-person fans, so why start now?

Everyone in the XFL except for Houston and Las Vegas have been selling season tickets. I think hubs have to be off the plate based on the amount of money that has to be paid back to fans because all of the XFL fans have paid their season tickets completely.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png