Pro Volleyball Federation Branding

LAWeaver

vegas-thrill.jpg

Underwhelming. Especially for "Thrill". Colors feel 'beach', not desert.  The spikes/star in the background feel like the Mariners, not a Las Vegas team.

san-diego-mojo.jpg

Decent logo. The little blue/yellow Trouble game pieces feel a bit off. The comic sans wording a little off. Feels like it really fails the whole 'can this logo be drawn by a kid' thing just because they'll never get the font just right.

As for the Mojo name... does feel like it belongs with something other than a bird/eagle. Only mojo I know are:

Mojo-Jojo.jpg

And Odessa Permian:

926e59_bf815666952c4a7799250d6a3ec160ec~

Here's a better look at the jerseys. My favorite of the bunch is probably Grand Rapids Rise due to their wordmark being the most legible. Would have preferred if the league logo wasn't centered the way it is. That works on the collars of  NFL jerseys, but not very well for other sports IMO. They should consider make the numbers a little bigger.

It's been stated before with other small leagues. There should be no repeating primary uniform colors in a 7 team league. This leagues has 2.5 red jerseys in this pics. I know opposing jersey contrast in volleyball isn't as import as in other sports, but I pity the folks that tune in to see a Vibe vs Rise game. With that said this league should have clash jerseys in their wardrobe for the liberos, so hopefully they're smart and have secondary/clash jerseys prepared for such a situation.

GCcyzX_XEAAzJzk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Here's a better look at the jerseys. My favorite of the bunch is probably Grand Rapids Rise due to their wordmark being the most legible. Would have preferred if the league logo wasn't centered the way it is. That works on the collars of  NFL jerseys, but not very well for other sports IMO. They should consider make the numbers a little bigger.

It's been stated before with other small leagues. There should be no repeating primary uniform colors in a 7 team league. This leagues has 2.5 red jerseys in this pics. I know opposing jersey contrast in volleyball isn't as import as in other sports, but I pity the folks that tune in to see a Vibe vs Rise game. With that said this league should have clash jerseys in their wardrobe for the liberos, so hopefully they're smart and have secondary/clash jerseys prepared for such a situation.

GCcyzX_XEAAzJzk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Especially for the Thrill and Rise. Maybe a bigger outline would've helped? 

• 4 weeks later...

PVF league opener. Omaha vs Atlanta. Both teams wearing jerseys not previously seen. Omaha in white (those look cooler than their reds btw) and Atlanta in black.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, walkerws said:

Looks like they all have a black border and team logos at midcourt. Team colors would be an improvement easily. 

It makes sense to have it from a league branding standpoint, especially if they have a different court for the playoffs and championship. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Second game of the season has Grand Rapids in navy blue (libero in white) vs Columbus in black (libero in red). Both teams' dark jersey has red and yellow/gold numbers. This could have been avoided. Hopefully the league steps in so there is no clash going forward.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I would love the supernovas court to have a star pattern or graphic!

Hopefully Year #2 they can go more creative and spend the money to deck out each venue with their own colors and full graphics. The black surround really draws some of the life from the play. Especially through two games each one had a team in all-black.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4_tattoos said:

Second game of the season has Grand Rapids in navy blue (libero in white) vs Columbus in black (libero in red). Both teams' dark jersey has red and yellow/gold numbers. This could have been avoided. Hopefully the league steps in so there is no clash going forward.

Just too much dark in these matches. Supernovas had bright vibrant colors but a lot of white. This game is just dark. The court surround is all black, the stands aren't lit up so they look dim. And the two teams wearing dark uniforms.

10 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

Just too much dark in these matches. Supernovas had bright vibrant colors but a lot of white. This game is just dark. The court surround is all black, the stands aren't lit up so they look dim. And the two teams wearing dark uniforms.

Officials wearing all black too 😂😆

• Like 1

Good color contrast tonight. Orlando in sleeveless sky blue jerseys (libero in white) vs Atlanta in long sleeve red jerseys (libero in white).

GEz1FgLagAA4fAn?format=jpg&name=medium

Best quality photo I could find showing both team's jerseys/

8 hours ago, McCall said:

Why does it show Omaha's logo instead of Orlando?

Hmm. Didn't notice that. Odd

That Supernovas tertiary logo is really nice and I hope it makes it onto merch.

Beveled numerals on the Rise made me initially think of the old Buffalo Destroyers, but I think the US national VB teams used a similar number treatment for a few years as well.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.