2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

I guess Boston is wrapping up their 100th anniversary celebrations with a centennial game on December 1, and the Celtics seem to have leaked the jersey they'll be wearing.

spacer.png

Glad their sticking with the regular shade of gold, and hopefully they pair it with gold socks.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Probably a popular opinion, but I wish the lighter blue was Utah's primary jersey color.

Of the current color scheme it should be the primary.

I just wished they leaned into purple.

• Like 6

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

49 minutes ago, kolob said:

Of the current color scheme it should be the primary.

I just wished they leaned into purple.

Agreed on both counts. I did feel after the Kings went back to the Gretzky era and the Ducks kept the 07 colors largely that there was an opening for a purple team and Utah could have owned that color. Regardless, the Light Blue with a Black Secondary would be strong.

KtHjnlJ.png

4 hours ago, SavardToColton said:

Agreed on both counts. I did feel after the Kings went back to the Gretzky era and the Ducks kept the 07 colors largely that there was an opening for a purple team and Utah could have owned that color. Regardless, the Light Blue with a Black Secondary would be strong.

Even if Anaheim returned to the Plum and Jade, and LA to Gold and Forum Blue, I think it would have been fine for Utah to come in with Purple, Sky Blue and Black as their colours as the Jazz shade of purple currently used is quite different from the Plum (more red than blue on the RGB scale) shade that the Ducks used, and it would also be pretty distinct from the Kings too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

look how bad the white nameplate is on the away jersey

How is this different than when they had white nameplates on the adidas jerseys? 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

How is this different than when they had white nameplates on the adidas jerseys? 

It isn't. Some people are just looking for any excuse to bash Fanatics.

• Like 7

I don't know, it looks pretty similar to how it was before.

usatsi_22271151.jpg 

2 hours ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I think it's more on the that it seems less to blend in, less sewn in.

That wouldn't be a Fanatics issue, that would be whoever put the namebar on which would most likely be someone within the Flames equipment management team.

• Like 5

deK8sJk.png

9 hours ago, LMU said:

Chef’s kiss to this opening night uniform matchup.

The Canucks and the Flames might want to talk about it :

Scenes from Canucks practice: Suter in for Räty ahead of season opener vs.  Flames

Personally my favorite matchup, along with the Wild's green North Stars and the Wings

What would the most logistical trade for Filip Gustavsson look like for Red  Wings?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Let's take a moment to appreciate how good the NHL currently looks and how far we've come since the early Edge era

spacer.png

You can probably count on one hand the current uniforms that really suck and still, nothing is remotely on that level.

Except Washington, of course

Can someone explain to me why colour just went away in the late 90's/early 2000's?  Same matchup just over a decade prior

spacer.png

and a decade later 

spacer.png

It's not like those plain designs sold really well. You see more North Stars jerseys at Dallas games than that era of Edge jersey. 

A major increase in team-branded merchandise and the belief that darker and desaturated colors were easier to incorporate into navy-and-earth-tone-heavy civilian wardrobes. 

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫