UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

• 2 weeks later...

Just like the AFL in its heyday.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So the field design matches last year's XFL, with U.S. Army placed at the 50 yard line below the UFL logo. 

Renegades would look better with the Renegade logo on the helmet. The DR logo is the only bit of white in the entire uniform. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

I sure do wish Birmingham’s white pants striping matched the jersey. The lack of gold is a uniform killer.

I don't know why they even have white pants. 

Noticed that the skill players on offense all have the green comms dot on their helmets. Did USFL do that last year? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't know why they even have white pants. 

USFL revived two red/gold teams with the Stallions and Stars, and needed to differentiate. So they moved Philly to athletic gold and gave Birmingham the white britches.

• Like 1

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

53 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

USFL revived two red/gold teams with the Stallions and Stars, and needed to differentiate. So they moved Philly to athletic gold and gave Birmingham the white britches.

The Stallions have gold and white pants. They only need the gold pants.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

55 minutes ago, trekbkr said:

That Stallions helmet logo has been tweaked.  The mane runs further to back of the helmet than it used to.  Was that mentioned anywhere here before?

I think it looks like that because they enlarged the logo on the helmet.

Screenshot-20220125-115659-Instagram.jpg

birmingham-stallions-v-arlington-renegad

They also cut off the bottom half of the orginal stallion's neck. That's making the mane look longer.

birmingham-stallions-v-arlington-renegad

Also, all teams will wear a memorial patch for Buddy Teevans for the season. Buddy Teevans was not directly involved with the league.

The UFL | United Football League Pays Tribute to Legendary NCAA Coach Buddy Teevens

"Teevens, who passed away in September, is widely renowned and respected for his innovative coaching style and focus on player safety and well-being.

"Buddy’s dedication to mentorship and guidance not only shaped the athletes that were fortunate enough to play for him but instilled in them invaluable qualities that extend far beyond the field,” said Russ Brandon, President and CEO of the UFL. “He was not just a coach; he was a true architect of character, molding individuals of integrity, resilience, and excellence."

In recognition of Coach Teevens’ exceptional contributions to the game of football, the UFL will name its Coach of the Year award in his honor. This gesture serves to celebrate and honor his remarkable coaching career and enduring influence on the football community".

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think it looks like that because they enlarged the logo on the helmet.

I also noticed the logo sits higher depending on the helmet style. Just a nitpick but that’s not exactly ideal.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:28 PM, LogoFan said:

What they've done to the Panthers is just sad. 

The Michigan Panthers should wear a purplish-red, basically as purplish as it can gets without crossing the line into actually being purple. They had it right in the ‘80s. 

My guess is that UA or whoever pulled a Nike and said, “HURR DURR, we don’t currently make that color, so here’s the closest thing to it that we have, take it or leave it, HURR DURR.”

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The Michigan Panthers should wear a purplish-red, basically as purplish as it can gets without crossing the line into actually being purple. They had it right in the ‘80s. 

My guess is that UA or whoever pulled a Nike and said, “HURR DURR, we don’t currently make that color, so here’s the closest thing to it that we have, take it or leave it, HURR DURR.”

I'm guessing they're more likely trying to match last year's colors instead of the original color sets. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Michigan's QB is wearing faux jersey sleeves. Basically flaps of jersey material that come down from the shoulders but don't actually wrap around the upper arm. It's odd.

• Like 1