UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, GFB said:

That Under Armour shade of plum makes me very sad

VDJIAIELQVFV3KC74EZDLVFZJ4.jpg

play-6561877bb00050f--Panthers_d_1681672

I hope it's just lighting, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm also not a fan of those maroon/plum pants.

vmmzsdsh5smc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Unfortunately, the Showboats have the same design as Houston had last year. I'd be highly surprised to see a change for Houston, which means we have two teams in the same division pretty much wearing the same uniform. The only difference is a white or yellow yoke on the home jerseys. 

gdaj4dsh5smc1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

zdovrou55smc1.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

houston_roughnecks_defense_2023_usatoday

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I really hope Houston is changing their helmet. 

They’ve been wearing plain white ones since the start of camps

GHs_L7JXgAErtJT?format=jpg&name=large

I wouldn't put much into this since teams like Arlington and San Antonio have had different colors of helmets in practice. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I hope it's just lighting, but I'm pretty sure it isn't. I'm also not a fan of those maroon/plum pants.

XL_MSU.png

Zay_Flowers_2-scaled-e1658396356657.jpg

Feels far more likely like that's UA's stock shade of "dark red" and they aren't going to go to the effort of finding a "plum," or even more of a Mississippi State or Texas A&M "maroon."

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

CY7Gkh0.jpg

Those pants are awful and don't match the traditional style jersey at all. I think they were trying to mimic the panther logo, but it just does not work. They look like a high school team that ordered mismatched styles out of the catalog.

• Like 6

spacer.png

2 hours ago, burgundy said:

Those pants are awful and don't match the traditional style jersey at all. I think they were trying to mimic the panther logo, but it just does not work. They look like a high school team that ordered mismatched styles out of the catalog.

It would be a more understandable design choice if they tried to make the stripe like the Bengals pants. The stripes all the way down with no colored background

• Like 1

So the XFL teams stay not-good and the USFL teams get uglier.

• Like 9
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, burgundy said:

Agreed.  It's a bit jarring looking at the sleeve stripes and then the pants.  Once again, Dani and Dwayne broke what was working well.  

I am reeeeaaallly hoping they drop all the silly gradient stuff.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LogoFan said:

I.E. Dani and her assistants, probably. 😉🤣

I think this is completely unfair to Under Armour, who we all know are fully capable of designing garbage templated football uniforms all on their own, without any outside assistance.

• LOL 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Does Fanatics make the UFL jerseys? Good lord that paneling is awful

GIKzZlmWMAAwh_l?format=jpg&name=large

This graphic really shows the color issue.

Just at first glance, the uniforms look more red than plum/maroon.  Then, when you look at the places where the uniform images touch (or at nearly touch) the helmet, you can really see the difference in color.

• Like 7

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃