UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

On 1/14/2024 at 4:31 AM, ORLMagic86 said:

Maroon and light blue are such a great color combination that I'm surprised more teams don't use them. The Philadelphia Phillies are the only other team that I'm aware of that utilizes those colors.

Aston Villa says hi

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

On 1/13/2024 at 3:31 PM, ORLMagic86 said:

Maroon and light blue are such a great color combination that I'm surprised more teams don't use them. The Philadelphia Phillies are the only other team that I'm aware of that utilizes those colors.
spacer.png

I'm fairly certain that back in the 70s (which I lived through, for the record), nobody considered light blue/powder blue a Phillies team color.  It was just the base color of their road uniforms (just as it was for the Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, Expos, Mariners, Rangers, Royals and others that I'm forgetting off the top of my head).  Now, the team and the fans seem to have embraced maroon/light blue as the retro color scheme.

EDIT:  TruColor seems to agree with me.  Throughout the powder blue road uniform period, the team colors are listed exclusively as Red/White, Maroon/White or Crimson/White.

• Like 6

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

30 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I'm fairly certain that back in the 70s (which I lived through, for the record), nobody considered light blue/powder blue a Phillies team color.  It was just the base color of their road uniforms (just as it was for the Cardinals, Twins, Brewers, Expos, Mariners, Rangers, Royals and others that I'm forgetting off the top of my head).  Now, the team and the fans seem to have embraced maroon/light blue as the retro color scheme.

EDIT:  TruColor seems to agree with.  Throughout the powder blue road uniform period, the team colors are listed exclusively as Red/White, Maroon/White or Crimson/White.

Just like nobody now would list gray as a team color just because it's in the road uniform (aside from those that actually use silver). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raz said:

Just like nobody now would list gray as a team color just because it's in the road uniform (aside from those that actually use silver). 

Or a facemask (wrong sport, I know)

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

• 5 weeks later...

https://www.theufl.com/news/2024/february/15/ufl-debuts-official-league-game-ball

UFL_Football_Reveal_1920x1280_FNL

The game ball is officially released. Not sure who's making it, It's being made by Big Game. Most of the merchandise in the shop is still made by off brands, though Under Armour is supposed to eventually supply fan gear as well. 

yQPSjS4.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Sad, but predictable, that the XFL teams aren’t making any changes or fixes, namely Dallas with their helmet.

I agree that the Renegades should switch both the logo helmet back to the renegade and the name back to "Dallas", but given the timetable for the merger, I think any uniform changes probably, and understandably, had to be put on the back burner for now. Far more pressing issues to focus on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McCall said:

I agree that the Renegades should switch both the logo helmet back to the renegade and the name back to "Dallas", but given the timetable for the merger, I think any uniform changes probably, and understandably, had to be put on the back burner for now. Far more pressing issues to focus on.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any uniform changes until after this “first” season or even after next season.

Currently, I’d rank the UFL uniforms as-

1a. Panthers

1b. Stallions

Perfection from both teams

3. Battlehawks

Just a smidge under the top two. The helmet logo could be touched up a bit

4. Brahmas

Same deal as St Louis and the neon yellow could be toned down to standard yellow

5. Defenders

Not a fan of the camo white helmet or the unnecessary need for two different white pants

6. Showboats

Not a particularly huge fan of the shoulder yokes of circa 2000. Pants stripes need some blue.

7. Renegades

Using the wrong logo on the helmet, the black helmet stripe is wonky. and the thin red line within the jersey numbers looks like :censored:

8. Roughnecks

Good lord. What a mess. Should’ve opted to keep the Gamblers identity instead of this monstrosity.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see any uniform changes until after this “first” season or even after next season.

Currently, I’d rank the UFL uniforms as-

1a. Panthers

1b. Stallions

Perfection from both teams

3. Battlehawks

Just a smidge under the top two. The helmet logo could be touched up a bit

4. Brahmas

Same deal as St Louis and the neon yellow could be toned down to standard yellow

5. Defenders

Not a fan of the camo white helmet or the unnecessary need for two different white pants

6. Showboats

Not a particularly huge fan of the shoulder yokes of circa 2000. Pants stripes need some blue.

7. Renegades

Using the wrong logo on the helmet, the black helmet stripe is wonky. and the thin red line within the jersey numbers looks like :censored:

8. Roughnecks

Good lord. What a mess. Should’ve opted to keep the Gamblers identity instead of this monstrosity.

Brahmas unis are the same yellow as Memphis I think. 

11 hours ago, McCall said:

The Arlington thing has to be tied in with them based in Arlington. Choctaw Stadium is owned by the City of Arlington. Can't imagine them wanting the team to be named "Dallas" if they can help it. This is "New York/New Jersey" all over again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

The Arlington thing has to be tied in with them based in Arlington. Choctaw Stadium is owned by the City of Arlington. Can't imagine them wanting the team to be named "Dallas" if they can help it. This is "New York/New Jersey" all over again.

Texas Renegades would be a great name if they were the only team in the state.   Obviously similar to Texas Rangers, but still would be an improvement over Arlington.

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Texas Renegades would be a great name if they were the only team in the state.   Obviously similar to Texas Rangers, but still would be an improvement over Arlington.

Texas would be better if there weren't already two other teams in the league in Texas.

But, my guess is Arlington made it contingent on their lease. If XFL/UFL/USFL/ABCDEFL wanted a team to rent their stadium and not use the Arlington name, the price would be a lot more. Arlington, with Six Flags, AT&T Stadium, and Globe Life Field all right there, want "Arlington" to be what people think about. Not Dallas. Not DFW. Not Fort Worth. Not North Texas. They want Arlington to be what people think of. And it's probably worth quite a bit.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, walkerws said:

Brahmas unis are the same yellow as Memphis I think. 

They're not. San Antonio uses Pantone 102, while Memphis uses Pantone 1235 (probably the most common shade of gold used across sports). The colors used in the uniforms may not match perfectly due to the manufacturer, but they're still closer to these than to each other.

PinterestPin by Kettie Peters - Kreativ Planet on It Feels Like Home | Pantone  colour palettes, Yellow pantone, Pantone color

• Like 4

JXbPgnU.png

I remember reading somewhere that if the USFL had gone on this year separate from the XFL that they would have switched their uniforms over to Starter. Seeing something like this for the UFL teams would be great if they could still swing it. Especially since they're bringing in New Era and Bleeding T from the 2020 XFL and USFL contracts. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png