UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

Dwanye the Rock Johnson would probably kick my ass in a wrestling ring however design wise I can kick his ass... and most of us design wise too especially

I hope you're not suggesting that The Rock personally designed the XFL uniforms.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, heavybass said:

No. I'm saying he personally funded the morons that designed the XFL uniforms.

I am curious as to why they didn't keep the 2020 looks for the Renegades, Battlehawks, Dragons, Guardians and Roughnecks, or at least the color scheme of the 2020 Roughnecks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I am curious as to why they didn't keep the 2020 looks for the Renegades, Battlehawks, Dragons, Guardians and Roughnecks, or at least the color scheme of the 2020 Roughnecks. 

The league was under new ownership that also brought on a new apparel partner.  They were never going to just roll out the looks from a prior regime. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Like @gosioux76 said, new supplier (Under Armour). Personally, I prefer the Battlehawks UA uniforms, but their original 2020 helmet. Also not too keen on the all-gray aways. Kinda prefer a white jersey with gray pants.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McCall said:

Like @gosioux76 said, new supplier (Under Armour). Personally, I prefer the Battlehawks UA uniforms, but their original 2020 helmet. Also not too keen on the all-gray aways. Kinda prefer a white jersey with gray pants.

I would have been fine with a grey jersey if the pants and helmet were both blue. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would have been fine with a grey jersey if the pants and helmet were both blue. 

Me too. They did wear the blue pants with the gray jersey in Vegas. But the gray helmet (which is a slightly darker shade) still threw it off. If they went gray helmet, blue and white jerseys and only gray pants with both, I'd be fine with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I kind of want the Defenders to get the Cardinals treatment (minus the black alt)

They already have that with the home uniform. I'd prefer white pants at home and red for away.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/5/2024 at 12:17 PM, gosioux76 said:

The league was under new ownership that also brought on a new apparel partner.  They were never going to just roll out the looks from a prior regime. 

Based on the popularity and the recentness of the 2.0 version, I would've expected them to have kept the close to the originals for at least brand recognition's sake.

Everything  they touched was a downgrade IMHO.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 10:38 PM, HOOVER said:

As you said, this is the only thing they need to do; go back to the Cowboy as the primary and the original helmet, where the helmet stripe perfectly matches the jersey numbers from last year's uniforms:

dallas-renegades-xfl-betting-odds-picks-

Which would give them this:

Arlington-Renegades-Helmet-Fix-1-copy.jp

And then they could fix their away uniforms to these:

AKWXI8S.jpg

YES!  The away unis desperately cry for help.  To me, the all-whites with the pale blue look like pajamas.  The red stripe in the light blue numbers is horrible.  What you propose is far superior and delivers a more cohesive/consistent look.  One the home sets, I'd add some more black...they looked sharper that way.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Based on the popularity and the recentness of the 2.0 version, I would've expected them to have kept the close to the originals for at least brand recognition's sake.

Everything  they touched was a downgrade IMHO.

I don't disagree that it was a downgrade, but I don't think anything they did in any way hurt brand recognition. The 2023 XFL uniforms were clearly a derivation of the 2020 XFL. They just weren't as good, in almost every case. 

On 12/31/2023 at 1:34 PM, BadSeed84 said:

Yea, The Rock & his ex-wife are still involved it would seem. Also the Black & white color scheme would be what carries over from the XFL.

I know it's supposed to be "UFL" bracketed  by an  abstract football, but as executed is see it as <UFL> every time, like it's in parenthesis.  Is the "UFL" silent?  🙃

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, LogoFan said:

I know it's supposed to be "UFL" bracketed  by an  abstract football, but as executed is see it as <UFL> every time, like it's in parenthesis.  Is the "UFL" silent?  🙃

I see boomerangs along  with the most generic "modern football" font. (I still would say a improvement over rock's XFL logo, but not much, USFL was better than both)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I see boomerangs along  with the most generic "modern football" font. (I still would say a improvement over rock's XFL logo, but not much, USFL was better than both)

I feel like they could’ve done something with red and blue

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

I wonder who they've used for their logos and workmarks.  I've  never been able to locate anything on the XFL.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LogoFan said:

I wonder who they've used for their logos and workmarks.  I've  never been able to locate anything on the XFL.

It seems to me like they're going on the cheap and hiring like esports logo folks since a lot of them were more straight lines and they avoided a lot of details and curves. Seattle's 2020 logo was much better in my opinion. 

• Love 1

On 1/2/2024 at 11:54 PM, tBBP said:

Let's set everything else to the side for a hot minute. These don't get talked about enough...

d55e3ea6c4bab6ea6023e1d9c72c8e8b

Michigan-Panthers.jpg?w=978

1404086274.0.jpg

play-6561877bb00050f--Panthers_d_1681672

f690640c-bde0-4816-84cc-a7e50f5c45db-dtn

cory-rahman-panthers-800-1.jpg?fit=770,6

UpdatePanthers800.jpg

USATSI_18219651.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Literally, physically, hypothetically, realistically, they're the epitome of...well, absolutely, unequivocally and objectively some of the best football uniforms—and branding—ever of all time, at any level of football anywhere. Far as I'm concerned they're right up there with the mid-1970s-1998 Houston Oilers as all-time classics. 

Maroon and light blue are such a great color combination that I'm surprised more teams don't use them. The Philadelphia Phillies are the only other team that I'm aware of that utilizes those colors.
spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, ORLMagic86 said:

Maroon and light blue are such a great color combination that I'm surprised more teams don't use them. The Philadelphia Phillies are the only other team that I'm aware of that utilizes those colors.
spacer.png

The Colorado Rapids also use a variation of it (which i know is easy to forget—I keep forgetting it 😄):

USATSI_15144827-e1604825694605.jpg?crop=

xwsvcytnq2w5t2iatbbr.jpg

And of course West Ham uses it over in the BPL, but unless I'm missing something somewhere, the Rapids are the only North American top-level pro team that uses it as a primary colorway. I'm actually considering rebranding my personal identity in this colorway.

(Shoot, maybe the Houston Texans should have thought of this colorway for their next branding life...just sayin'.)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||