UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

42 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

Xtreme. If I remember correctly XFL was acronym to Xtreme Football League.

It was never Xtreme. Only the indoor football league was the Xtreme Football League. The outdoor spring league born in 2001, and the rest, were merely XFL. 

The original league's Los Angeles team (and champions) were, however, the Xtreme. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Michigan-Panthers-Touchdown-Celebration.

Let's set everything else to the side for a hot minute. These don't get talked about enough...

d55e3ea6c4bab6ea6023e1d9c72c8e8b

Michigan-Panthers.jpg?w=978

1404086274.0.jpg

play-6561877bb00050f--Panthers_d_1681672

f690640c-bde0-4816-84cc-a7e50f5c45db-dtn

cory-rahman-panthers-800-1.jpg?fit=770,6

UpdatePanthers800.jpg

USATSI_18219651.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Literally, physically, hypothetically, realistically, they're the epitome of...well, absolutely, unequivocally and objectively some of the best football uniforms—and branding—ever of all time, at any level of football anywhere. Far as I'm concerned they're right up there with the mid-1970s-1998 Houston Oilers as all-time classics. 

• Like 21
  • Love 10
  • Applause 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, tBBP said:

Let's set everything else to the side for a hot minute. These don't get talked about enough...

1404086274.0.jpg

UpdatePanthers800.jpg

Literally, physically, hypothetically, realistically, they're the epitome of...well, absolutely, unequivocally and objectively some of the best football uniforms—and branding—ever of all time, at any level of football anywhere. Far as I'm concerned they're right up there with the mid-1970s-1998 Houston Oilers as all-time classics. 

The original Michigan Panthers had a light blue outline around the numbers. I think removing it was a better choice. As was revamping the panther and essentially adding the pant stripe in there for further cohesion. In addition to being one of the overall best set of uniforms, it may be one of the best uniform updates I've ever seen.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'll be interested to see the uniforms once we get close enough. I bet XFL teams will have the same (if not revamped) looks, I'm more curious about the USFL teams? They'll undoubtedly have the UA logo on there, but will they stay the same? Have small changes? Big changes?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I'll be interested to see the uniforms once we get close enough. I bet XFL teams will have the same (if not revamped) looks, I'm more curious about the USFL teams? They'll undoubtedly have the UA logo on there, but will they stay the same? Have small changes? Big changes?

I'd expect the Steamboats uniforms to change, but other than possible number fonts I don't see a reason to change Birmingham and Michigan. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

54 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Well folks, no more Stars, Generals, and Breakers! And the Maulers was good while it lasted. Oh well, we got this new league. I wish they use the AR on Arlington Renegades.

There is no AR logo for the Renegades. Only the DR and the (far superior) cowboy.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, McCall said:

There is no AR logo for the Renegades. Only the DR and the (far superior) cowboy.

Without knowing if this was the point @Silver_Star originally made, after looking at it again, a new AR logo would make just too much sense. 

Arlington 

Renegades

ARlington Renegades

AR

(Of course they could just use the cowboy logo and skip past all of that, but that would make even more sense. But then...all sense went out the window at using "Arlington" in the first place, so what the hey???)

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Without knowing if this was the point @Silver_Star originally made, after looking at it again, a new AR logo would make just too much sense. 

Arlington 

Renegades

ARlington Renegades

AR

(Of course they could just use the cowboy logo and skip past all of that, but that would make even more sense. But then...all sense went out the window at using "Arlington" in the first place, so what the hey???)

Absolutely

Right

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952at41mx9xgyukm6qiyf63l3hk1p981a8k6lalsmkn&ep=v1_stickers_related&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

22 hours ago, tBBP said:

1404086274.0.jpg

UpdatePanthers800.jpg

Giant MEH.  

Maroon is one of the worst colors in sports.  The puke Tan-Gold is not a great accent to Maroon.  Sleeve stripe patterns don't match home/away, or to the pant (they don't always have to, but here, it still doesn't work).  Helmet logo is as tacky as when Boise State did it.  The shoehorning in of Light Blue is the only thing that makes these anything near interesting.

Give them props for the single color block number, even if it's skinnier than it should be, but these don't inspire.

• WOAH 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 16

9 hours ago, tBBP said:

Arlington 

Renegades

ARlington Renegades

AR

As you said, this is the only thing they need to do; go back to the Cowboy as the primary and the original helmet, where the helmet stripe perfectly matches the jersey numbers from last year's uniforms:

dallas-renegades-xfl-betting-odds-picks-

Which would give them this:

Arlington-Renegades-Helmet-Fix-1-copy.jp

And then they could fix their away uniforms to these:

AKWXI8S.jpg

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

So according to this video, Royal Retros will be coming up with merchandise for all of the current UFL teams. 

I'm not sure that's a total surprise. Royal Retros created merch for the new USFL the last few years, too. 

https://www.royalretros.com/products/pittsburgh-maulers-usfl-remix-jersey

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure that's a total surprise. Royal Retros created merch for the new USFL the last few years, too. 

https://www.royalretros.com/products/pittsburgh-maulers-usfl-remix-jersey

Not really a surprise, I just wonder how they'll come up with a design for San Antonio and the Roughnecks. They already have Renegades shirts out there.  What I really want is an UA away jersey for the Brahmas. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/3/2024 at 2:29 AM, raz said:

It was never Xtreme. Only the indoor football league was the Xtreme Football League.

On 1/3/2024 at 2:43 AM, McCall said:

Nope. 'X' literally didn't stand for anything. It was simply the XFL (X Football League).

According to Wiki: "When the league was first organized in 1999, it was originally supposed to stand for "Xtreme Football League" so this is why I might remember that X stand for Xtreme.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

23 hours ago, HOOVER said:

As you said, this is the only thing they need to do; go back to the Cowboy as the primary and the original helmet, where the helmet stripe perfectly matches the jersey numbers from last year's uniforms:

dallas-renegades-xfl-betting-odds-picks-

Which would give them this:

Arlington-Renegades-Helmet-Fix-1-copy.jp

And then they could fix their away uniforms to these:

AKWXI8S.jpg

Nah man

Light blue away

Black home

Nowhere does it say that one of the uniforms in a given set MUST be white, only that they must have sufficient contrast, we have been brainwashed for years to think that color vs. color is wrong and that white makes things right

That said, the Lakers had the right idea when they had a purple set and a gold set, how that didn't become more popular across other sports, beats me

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.