UFL Branding & Uniform News 2024

DCarp1231

5 minutes ago, OchentaYOcho88 said:

https://x.com/USFLStallions/status/1761437514873667929?s=20https://x.com/USFLStallions/status/1761437514873667929?s=20

Could be nothing, but the Stallions receiving UA cleats and backpacks in their lockers - and they're pumped about it.

Was UA rumored or confirmed to be the official on field uniform supplier?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Haven't seen anything confirmed, but if they're providing cleats and backpacks, it's probably the case.  With The Rock still heavily involved, I assume he insisted on and helped make that deal.  And since 5/8 teams are already in their uniforms, it really makes things easier on the league than having to contract a new manufacturer with different templates to do all 8.  Several of the XFL team uniforms were designed around UA's latest template, so unless they had to for one reason or another, or just really wanted to go in a different direction, I don't see why they would.

Someone else mentioned Starter & New Era....it looks like most of the merch aside from the Vintage Helmet tee that is being sold on their website is old stock - multiple pieces have XFL or USFL logos on them still.

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Confirmed, as they were last year for the XFL teams. 

There's also a picture of a Showboats equipment guy wearing a Showboat tshirt with the UA design circle from last year.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

As long as the UFL doesn't also have a deal with Fanatics, Under Armour should be fine.  

The issue for most people for the moment is the lack of fan gear. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Isn't Fanatics getting backlash for MLB jerseys?  

Yes. but they actually have more than a couple shirts and baseball caps. That's the biggest issue for UFL fans.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

22 minutes ago, walkerws said:

His rankings of the top 3 are flawed. San Antonio isn't  top 3. We all know the Renegades are the #1 secondary hands down. 

It should be the primary logo.

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

54 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It should be the primary logo.

🤫 Shhh. He's here. Lurking. Just waiting for someone, anyone,  who dares criticize the 'DR' logo or implies it's not primary and helmet worthy...

Oh no. It's too late. He's already done it. He's given you the... thumbs down!😵

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

it's taken me this long to see the hidden X right in plain sight right in the middle of those lightning bolts. 

If that was intentional, it's genius. (Oh and that's the #1 secondary...bump all them other rankings. 😃)

• Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, McCall said:

🤫 Shhh. He's here. Lurking. Just waiting for someone, anyone,  who dares criticize the 'DR' logo or implies it's not primary and helmet worthy...

Oh no. It's too late. He's already done it. He's given you the... thumbs down!😵

I certainly am here — not "lurking", but participating, just like you and everyone else here.

And, yes, I consider the R logo to be amongst the best in the league, behind only those of the Panthers and the Battlehawks. Football has far too few letter logos.

Of course, not every letter helmet logo is good. The LA logo of the original USFL's Express was terribly unimaginative; the XFL Vipers' V logo was pretty lousy; and the H logo of the Roughnecks is just unsightly. (That last one is made all the worse by the realisation that the team should rightfully be called the Gamblers, and so should be sporting the gorgeous G logo which ranks in the top tier all-time not only of letter logos, but of sports logos overall.)

But the Renegades' R logo is a thing of beauty.  Other great letter helmet logos were those of the LA Wildcats of the AAF, and of the original XFL's New York Hitmen, Chicago Enforcers, and Las Vegas Outlaws (especially the original one that was never used).

The Renegades absolutely made the right move by putting the distinctive and well-designed R logo on the helmet (even if the previous helmet's stripe was much better); the clipart-style cowboy head is better relegated to the sleeve. Likewise, the Showboats, having inexplicably dropped the classic big-wheel riverboat logo for an incongruous speedboat-looking logo, should swap their helmet logo and their very nice M sleeve logo. And the Defenders should definitely restore the strong DC logo back to the helmet. 

• LOL 2
  • Dislike 7

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 1/15/2024 at 1:37 PM, leopard88 said:

nobody considered light blue/powder blue a Phillies team color. 

waaaaay late on this, but confirmed.  Their colors were maroon, red, and white.  The blue was thought of as "something that's not white that they wear on the road."  

From growing up in the blue era, I can say that none of my friends or I even thought much about it.  To us, it was just that some teams wore gray and some wore blue, and who knew why?

In hindsight, people comment on how good those colors look together.  Anecdotally, nobody even thought about it until they switched to gray, and even then, other than "hey, they're wearing gray now", I don't even remember much conversation.  It was just looked at  as that you could choose from gray or blue to wear, and some picked one and some picked the other

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

The Renegades absolutely made the right move by putting the distinctive and well-designed R logo on the helmet (even if the previous helmet's stripe was much better)

We all know that ain't a R.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

teams are using the previous XFL jerseys to help figure out uniform and equipment fix. I still expect at most they'll slap the UFL logo over these for the 5 XFL squads from last year. 

former XFL teams have UFL slapped over the old XFL patches on the practice jerseys. USFL teams got new practice jerseys without the league logos.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

waaaaay late on this, but confirmed.  Their colors were maroon, red, and white.  The blue was thought of as "something that's not white that they wear on the road."  

From growing up in the blue era, I can say that none of my friends or I even thought much about it.  To us, it was just that some teams wore gray and some wore blue, and who knew why?

In hindsight, people comment on how good those colors look together.  Anecdotally, nobody even thought about it until they switched to gray, and even then, other than "hey, they're wearing gray now", I don't even remember much conversation.  It was just looked at  as that you could choose from gray or blue to wear, and some picked one and some picked the other

Thank you for the belated confirmation.

That is pretty much how I always viewed it.  When they switched to grey road uniforms, there wasn't a hint of powder blue left.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 2/25/2024 at 12:16 PM, GDAWG said:

MY SECONDARY LOGO RANKINGS:

8th: Panthers

7th: Birmingham

The two could've been more creative

6th: San Antonio

5th: Memphis

A bit better then 8th and 7th

4th: Houston

Looks cool, sucks that the NFL forced the XFL to change it.

3rd: DC

2nd: Dallas

THESE SHOULD'VE BEEN THEIR MAIN LOGOS, NOT THE SECONDARY-WORTHY ONES!

Honestly, they should've keep their logos from 2020. Ok, I understand Houston because of the NFL but AT LEAST make it creative! The reason I LOVE the 2020 XFL logos (maybe not Tampa Bay or LA) they're unique, creative, and fun. That's how sports logos SHOULD BE IN GENERAL!

1st: St.Louis

Still awesome and their main logo is tweaked but mostly untouched.

I just do not get the appeal of this Battlehawks secondary. It's a largely unrecognizable shape that barely, if at all, registers to me as a bird. 

It's telling to me that this logo appears to have no application on the uniforms themselves. I have no idea if it's used at all. 

spacer.png

• Like 4