Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

The branding/uniform package for the Chinook looks top-notch, staying with a predominance River Cascade  Blue and more Deep Navy than its predecessor from the CFL Re-imagine project.

Sources in the TV industry have told me the heads of ABC Sports and ESPN programming are disappointed that the franchise footprint is escaping the Big 3 and zero representation in the Eastern Time Zone, and may limit the dates they cover the league or abandon this sports entertainment partnership altogether.  So to right the ship, I urge us to vote for New York/New Jersey.  Granted, Houston is a fairly large market and helps cover eastern Texas to an extent, but Los Angelinos and the rest of California to the north are pretty tribal in their sports loyalties and maybe loathe to acknowledge anything remotely coming from the 619/858 area codes.   SoCal sports fans barely adopted the Clippers and Chargers (both sought asylum from the limited revenues of corporate San Diego).  The return of the beloved Rams to the LA Memorial Coliseum (now calling SoFi Stadium home) felt long over due  and sucked much of the oxygen out of the room for the Chargers longer awaited reunion with LA, since leaving south of the Orange Curtain back in 1961.  The Destroyers may eventually be popular locally, but their reach may not extend past southern Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties, unless they are savvy to give both the OC and IE some well-deserved love.  NY/NJ, AAFL franchise #7 has one job to lose, anchor the TV contract in the world's most globally connected city and breakout the message that the AAFL is a relevant player even in Gotham's crowded sports calendar. I will let the lyrics of Alicia Keys and pictures of the Big Apple make a more eloquent closing argument for New York/New Jersey.  Please enjoy the words of New York (Empire State of Mind) Part II.

"If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere, that's what they say"

Early voting has Chicago in the lead, but a precarious lead to be sure. 

CHI         5

NY/NJ   4

DC          4

MIA        2

ATL         0

DET        0

If we were in a caucus, we would drop ATL and DET right now.  Focus on the 4 viable options.   But, still plenty of time to decide.  Keep those votes coming.    And just for fun, here are some hints about my favorites of the nicknames so far for these cities. 

NY/NJ  -- Either harkening back to a minor league team of the past in the Garden State or a nod to the bossest local product NJ has. 

DC -- By air or by land, a tough choice, or you could go with what DC wields most often.

CHI -- I have struggled with Chi-Town, but I had to have at least one "one syllabie" animal to go with the Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Wolves, etc. 

MIA -- Two pretty popular concepts return from earlier votes, although may cause an in-state war.