2024 NFL Changes

Just now, HOOVER said:

I do miss coaches in suits.  Shame it’s even gone the way of the dodo in a lot of basketball now, too.

Coaches in suits is stupid.  Why on earth should a coach wear a wool suit in a situation where it's hot as balls and where they're running up and down the sidelines?  I'm shocked that they were ever able to coach while so uncomfortable.

They're telling guys which direction to run in, and to run faster.  They're not delivering the State of the Union address.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Coaches in suits is stupid.  Why on earth should a coach wear a wool suit in a situation where it's hot as balls and where they're running up and down the sidelines?  I'm shocked that they were ever able to coach while so uncomfortable.

They're telling guys which direction to run in, and to run faster.  They're not delivering the State of the Union address.

I dunno, bro - coaches did it for decades and it was classy.  Now they’re wearing t-shirts and sweatpants on the sidelines.  

Shoot me for thinking people in authority positions should present well.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I dunno, bro - coaches did it for decades and it was classy.  Now they’re wearing t-shirts and sweatpants on the sidelines.  

Shoot me for thinking people in authority positions should present well.  

I'm not sure Don Shula ever wore a suit and tie on the sidelines and his career seemed to go okay

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Coach in sweats: "run the ball to the left"

Players: "lol bro, we'll do whatever we want, go sit in the stands with the rest of the fans"

Coach in a suit: "run the ball to the left"

Players: "OMG, we better do what the CEO says"

LOL.  If you need a suit to show that you're the leader, then you're not a leader.  In fact if I was a player, I'd question the competence of someone that doesn't know how to dress for his environment. 

It'd be like wearing a parka in July, or nothing but swim trunks and thongs in the winter, which is acceptable only when done by Aussies.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Eyeroll 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm in the camp that the "legacy" uniform is boring. The helmet is great, but just standard stripes and block numbers are as dull as it gets. 

To me, the proper New York Jets uniform is the Testaverde/Curtis Martin era uniform -- callback to the classic with a darker shade of green. They really just needed to figure out the striping application. 

It’s not often I’m giving the Reebok jerseys credit, but I didn’t realize how well they did the Jets’ shoulder stripes:

5NQ07va.jpg

• Like 5

The other solution to the Jets legacy jersey problem would be to modernize it by putting it on the Texans template, have the sleeve white, and the shoulder insert green with surrounded by white piping.

Forgive the Lakers font, it's just what I was using last time I tried this and I didn't feel like finding a block one.  I think it's a bad-ass football font anyways.

CSKPCW4.png

53 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure Don Shula ever wore a suit and tie on the sidelines and his career seemed to go okay

ksfzikmumazetolssd73.jpg

ghows_image-LK-58367db2-8734-4f37-954b-c

5eb065f6d6602.image.jpg?resize=200,296

usatsi_2156591.jpg?w=692

EXLuquJXQAACClq.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

58 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Coach in sweats: "run the ball to the left"

Players: "lol bro, we'll do whatever we want, go sit in the stands with the rest of the fans"

Coach in a suit: "run the ball to the left"

Players: "OMG, we better do what the CEO says"

LOL.  If you need a suit to show that you're the leader, then you're not a leader.  In fact if I was a player, I'd question the competence of someone that doesn't know how to dress for his environment. 

It'd be like wearing a parka in July, or nothing but swim trunks and thongs in the winter, which is acceptable only when done by Aussies.

Groan.

Ever see Jerry Jones, Clark Hunt, or the Rooneys show up to games in sweatpants?   Ditka wore a tie on the sideline...did he not know how to dress for his environment?  

Also, tell me you don't wear suits in 2024 without telling me you don't wear suits in 2024.  Performance stretch fabrics in hot weather, wool suits & topcoats in the cold.  This isn't a far-fetched concept.  And there's a portion of fans that would like to see it return...perfectly acceptable opinion, unless you're a jackass on a message forum.  

• Like 3
  • Dislike 5
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

The other solution to the Jets legacy jersey problem would be to modernize it by putting it on the Texans template, have the sleeve white, and the shoulder insert green with surrounded by white piping.

Forgive the Lakers font, it's just what I was using last time I tried this and I didn't feel like finding a block one.  I think it's a bad-ass football font anyways.

CSKPCW4.png

i really don't think anyone wants "modern" stripping. After the last 5 seasons Jets want to go back to a traditional classic football jersey.

• Like 1

I think NFL coaches should be able to wear whatever they want to wear. Polo shirt, suit, sweatshirt that has the name of your team but also its division for some reason, you know, the season is long.

• Like 9

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

perfectly acceptable opinion, unless you're a jackass on a message forum. 

You're right, it is a perfectly acceptable opinion, even if I vehemently disagree with it.

Quit being so defensive.  Maybe loosen your tie.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

ksfzikmumazetolssd73.jpg

ghows_image-LK-58367db2-8734-4f37-954b-c

5eb065f6d6602.image.jpg?resize=200,296

usatsi_2156591.jpg?w=692

EXLuquJXQAACClq.jpg

Yeah, I'm not sure either.

Ok fair. He always seemed more comfortable in a polo his last 20 years of coaching. 

• LOL 1

I'm going to assume the Jets won't use the 80's logo, they'll probably keep the current Jets helmet decal and then probably update the number font. While the 80's logo is great I can't see them messing with what they have right now due to logistics.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

I don't get the hype around the "Sack Exchange" uniform. The number font is great, but outside of that, it feels lifeless and looks like something I would see in a TV ad. I think bringing back the old logo on the helmet with the current jersey would have worked well and been well-balanced. 

• Like 2

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm going to assume the Jets won't use the 80's logo, they'll probably keep the current Jets helmet decal and then probably update the number font. While the 80's logo is great I can't see them messing with what they have right now due to logistics.

They already have endzones and stadium signage with the 80s logo. 

Not that anyone cares: I’m looking forward to these unis. The white set with the metallic helmet looks fantastic. The 80s logo still works on a helmet. 

They could always bring in a Namath era throwback as an alternate. 

• Like 4