2024 NFL Changes

54 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

To continue the Jag-jacking of this thread, if/when Jacksonville finally does a Throwback uniform to this beloved set, I'd argue they should go all the way back to the beginning, not just 1997:

43435b96-2513-421f-8ee0-8cb0b08f06f7-USA

GSZNFP3EAJDPFI67PXPNEHGM4I.jpg?_a=AJFJtW

These block number bad boys made for a very good uniform.  

Still, I'm on the side of things that says their current Coughlin-era set are still very, very good (when the right combos are worn):

N2DK5X5KNBBYDHAEUGT3TAVHPU.jpg?_a=AJFJtW

The  Fred Taylor era number font was far superior for the Jags.

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Dislike 2

On another thread, somebody was asking about pants making a primary jersey into an alternate look. It got me thinking, should teams have to declare primary pants that have their own alternate rules?

I remember the Texans used to have one game each year where they wore white pants with the white jerseys, navy pants with the navy jerseys, the Battle Red day, and otherwise they wore the navy jerseys with white pants and vice-versa. To me, that was a great way to break up the uniforms and still have a standard look.

• Like 3

I would definitely be in favor of each team having to declare primary home and road uniforms, complete with pants and socks, and the league setting minimums on how often those uniforms must be worn. Those would also be the uniforms teams would wear in the playoffs. 

I have no issue with rotating pairs of pants or switching things up, but part of a brand is establishing your color blocking. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I would definitely be in favor of each team having to declare primary home and road uniforms, complete with pants and socks, and the league setting minimums on how often those uniforms must be worn. Those would also be the uniforms teams would wear in the playoffs. 

I have no issue with rotating pairs of pants or switching things up, but part of a brand is establishing your color blocking. 

YES! Color blocking is so important and teams just ignore it. I’m all in favor of your proposal. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Have to disagree. Watching the Browns go brown over white and white over white for like 10 games sounds so incredibly boring. That's one team whose primary home and road sets are the most bland out of all their options.

The 3 alternate jersey/helmet games are honestly enough for me. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Have to disagree. Watching the Browns go brown over white and white over white for like 10 games sounds so incredibly boring. That's one team whose primary home and road sets are the most bland out of all their options.

I wouldn't make it 10 games, I'd just say that whatever the primary combinations are must be worn like 4 times each. The Browns could go white over orange as their primary with two white over white and two white over brown games or something like that. That's plenty of variety, but with a clear hierarchy.

It could also change from season to season, that's fine with me. 

• Like 3

See, the thing is that the league doesn’t give a :censored: about what its teams do with pants because there’s no profit involved. The don’t sell pants. They sell jerseys and helmets. Who the hell wants to wear official licensed team pants?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

See, the thing is that the league doesn’t give a :censored: about what its teams do with pants because there’s no profit involved. The don’t sell pants. They sell jerseys and helmets. Who the hell wants to wear official licensed team pants?

Isn't there a Cowboys superfan who dresses up in full uniform to watch the game at home? There's not many, but some people would definitely buy officially licensed team pants

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

Just now, MNtwins3 said:

Isn't there a Cowboys superfan who dresses up in full uniform to watch the game at home? There's not many, but some people would definitely buy officially licensed team pants

It's honestly amazing to me that the NFL has yet to sell team striped pants, either as sweatpants, shorts, joggers or something else. I remember a few years back someone somewhere attempted to pilot the idea but it never stuck. 

Maybe once someone in New York and/or Beaverton sees this post they'll figure out a way to make that happen....

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, tBBP said:

It's honestly amazing to me that the NFL has yet to sell team striped pants, either as sweatpants, shorts, joggers or something else. I remember a few years back someone somewhere attempted to pilot the idea but it never stuck. 

Maybe once someone in New York and/or Beaverton sees this post they'll figure out a way to make that happen....

Hell yeah! I’d love some officially licensed Washington pants!spacer.png

Can’t forget the 3-in-1 Baltimore, Jacksonville, New Orleans special!

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 22
  • Sad 1

After checking again, apparently someone out there on the Etsy shop is producing these again:

PJBNFGDRCIB_p_816d2593-66f6-443c-a0c2-78

(Those are actually from FOCO)

il_794xN.4049494004_d0b7.jpg

Now I don't know how far they'll get—or how they go this far—without the Shield stepping in, but at least for now they're out there...

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Huh? 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I laughed at first, but that might be worth looking into, and maybe even socks as well. But first, Nike needs to get the NFL's pants right. I wouldn't want to order Lions silver and end up with borderline off-white.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Strike that from the record, there is nothing wrong with any of the Browns uniforms

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

Check this out- Just copped the complete Jaguars set 💯 probably gonna end up wearing the black and white ones an annoying amount of times. The teal ones are so legendary I’ll probably never ever wear them for no reason at all! Just like the Jags! #DUVALLLL

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
  • Meh 1
  • Eyeroll 2

21 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'm so glad that the Lions' all white ends its run with a historic collapse and brutal loss. Maybe it'll convince them not to include that in the new set.

It's either in the new set or it isn't, it's way too late in the design process for them to change anything

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad