2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, Saturn said:

They should rename them the Americans while changing almost everything back to as it was sans the Native American imagery and replace the logo with just a black man. Easy, but somehow no one bothered to think of the obvious. Heaven forbid a Big 4 team features a man with brown skin. They couldnt wait to scrap the logo they just needed cover from being called racist. Y'all can thumbs down me now. 🤭😌

Not sure it'd work but you took a risk with this one and I applaud a risky post.

• Love 1
  • Applause 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the SiG thread but the Jacksonville is getting its "stadium of the future"...

...at a tag of one point four billion tender notes.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Facepalm 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m fine with the Commanders name, but I think we all know 32s is better

Correct.

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

We don’t need multiple teams named after numbers. Besides, the franchise is like 90 years old. There are 32 teams now, but Washington is nowhere near the 32nd. 

The name has nothing to with being 32nd.  The Washingtons were founded in 1932 thus the 32s.

3 hours ago, Saturn said:

Yes, let's do just that. "32nds" is terrible and an obvious ploy to bite off the 49ers. Its MLS tier.

It's not "32nds", it's 32s as in thirty-twos and it's a great name. I should know, I'm the one who came up with it. Granted, I came up with it as a joke on a podcast, but the fact that it's still being used three years later tells you all you need to know about what a great name it actually is. Show some respect.  Oh, and it has nothing to do with the 49ers.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Yawn 2

BB52Big.jpg

"Washington 1932" has a nice soccer sound to it and feels like it commemorates the election of Franklin Roosevelt as much as the Rdskns' relocation from Boston.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

"Washington 1932" has a nice soccer sound to it and feels like it commemorates the election of Franklin Roosevelt as much as the Rdskns' relocation from Boston.

Yep. I’m not a fan of soccer-sounding names in the NFL. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

51 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the SiG thread but the Jacksonville is getting its "stadium of the future"...

...at a tag of one point four billion tender notes.

Do they really need a new stadium? Or is this their ploy of landing one more Super Bowl for the area and then for the stadium to never host it again?

2 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

32s is more fun.

NFL fans younger than 40 probably think Franklin Roosevelt was one of those Fearsome Foursome guys that the old guys always bring up during a Rams broadcast.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

BB52Big.jpg

46 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Do they really need a new stadium? Or is this their ploy of landing one more Super Bowl for the area and then for the stadium to never host it again?

Mind you, I haven't dug all the way into the minutiae of this one, nor do I particularly care to. But from what I understand (translation: take it with a big ol' bag of salt), this is about far more than the stadium itself. On one side, this is a somewhat kinda newish trend (that really ain't all that new) for stadia to anchor entertainment/lifestyle districts, which is what this one is intended to do. It is also a key cog (and this piece I can speak on pretty definitively) in the purposeful revitalization of downtown Jacksonville. Those of us who know, know: for it to be in the location it is, with all that water access, junction with two of the nation's busiest transcons, and the potential it has to be, well, something...it is about as bunk as bunk can be down there. The city has for the longest time been trying to juice up its profile and image, and as downtown is considered the heart of really any city, it makes sense to pump some resources into transforming downtown Jacksonville into a place people really wanna be. (And make no mistake about this: as people find themselves being priced out of the more well-known Florida cities like Miami, Orlando and Tampa, as well as cities elsewhere in the U.S., AND as everybody and their momma continues to flock to Florida, Jacksonville is becoming an increasingly more attractive option.) So yeah, there's some business reasons behind it, too.

Now, one can ask the question of whether the cost of the new stadium is worth the intended benefits, whether in present day dollars or net present value, but that ain't my place to judge. Yet. 🙂

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

39 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Looks like every other bedpan-inspired modern stadium

If a bedpan contains those hues, the patient might want to look into additional testing. 

• LOL 2

5 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Not sure it'd work but you took a risk with this one and I applaud a risky post.

I got a good laugh posting that, although, I will say,... it is telling that while I got a lot of smiley reactions to it, no one has yet to seriously shoot down the idea. That's disappointing (and unexpected tbh). All this show of supposedly being against racism, but no one ever took the idea of just changing the name and dropping the head dress (feathers) from the logo. Meanwhile, we get a military themed name that only alludes to those actually in charge. Looking forward to the eventual Andrew Jackson secondary logo for the Commies.

• LOL 1

20 minutes ago, Saturn said:

I got a good laugh posting that, although, I will say,... it is telling that while I got a lot of smiley reactions to it, no one has yet to seriously shoot down the idea. That's disappointing (and unexpected tbh). All this show of supposedly being against racism, but no one ever took the idea of just changing the name and dropping the head dress (feathers) from the logo. Meanwhile, we get a military themed name that only alludes to those actually in charge. Looking forward to the eventual Andrew Jackson secondary logo for the Commies.

spacer.png

• Like 4