2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

I hate the new Broncos set more and more with each passing day. The pants stripe is so weak. The white logo on a white helmet looks like a high school helmet. The sleeve stripes only look like mountains on the blue jersey - snowcapped mountains against an orange sunset. Looks terrible on the primary home jersey. It's just so bad. Makes the original unis look amazing.

To each their own, but I see the new Broncos uniforms as a massive improvement. And their primary helmet is blue, not white btw. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

I hate the new Broncos set more and more with each passing day. The pants stripe is so weak. The white logo on a white helmet looks like a high school helmet. The sleeve stripes only look like mountains on the blue jersey - snowcapped mountains against an orange sunset. Looks terrible on the primary home jersey. It's just so bad. Makes the original unis look amazing.

Yeah, these are a lateral move.   I hated the old set, but these are a miss.

The helmet and numbers are an improvement, but the sleeve stripe, pant stripe, and ridiculous combinations ruin it.

I'm really looking foreward to the games where they wear the Throwbacks.  Those will be beautiful football games and I pray we get one of those Week 18 at Mile High against the Chiefs in all-White.

I'm also really looking forward to 5 years from now when they clean these up and dump the silly stripes and combos.

This is perfect right here:

derrick-thomas-kansas-city-chiefs-file-p

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I'm really looking foreward to the games where they wear the Throwbacks.  Those will be beautiful football games and I pray we get one of those Week 18 at Mile High against the Chiefs in all-White.

Nah, I have a feeling they're gonna :censored: up the throwback games by picking completely random opponents for them like the Panthers or the Falcons who are just gonna wear all-white to ruin the matchup

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HOOVER said:

The helmet and numbers are an improvement, but the sleeve stripe, pant stripe, and ridiculous combinations ruin it.

I'm also really looking forward to 5 years from now when they clean these up and dump the silly stripes and combos.

Not sure what the maximum number of times they can wear it is, but I would expect them to wear them v. Pittsburgh and v. Oakland Vegas as those are the teams they beat in the '77 playoffs.

Might have to wait until next year for them against KC.

• Like 2

jNTsTyQ.png

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

Nah, I have a feeling they're gonna :censored: up the throwback games by picking completely random opponents for them like the Panthers or the Falcons who are just gonna wear all-white to ruin the matchup

Made me curious so I did a GUD deep dive over the past 5 years (2019) if teams wear their throwbacks against division opponents more or less than conference or interconference opponents

Falcons: 3 vs division, 5 vs conference, 3 vs AFC

Bills: 1 vs division, 1 vs conference, 1 vs NFC

Bears: 3 vs division, 2 vs conference, 2 vs AFC

Browns: 2 vs division, 1 vs conference, 3 vs NFC

Cowboys: 2 vs division,  0 vs conference, 0 vs AFC

Lions: 3 vs division, 0 vs conference, 2 vs AFC

Packers: 0 vs division, 1 vs conference, 3 vs AFC

Colts: 0 vs division, 2 vs conference, 1 vs NFC

Raiders: 4 vs division, 0 vs conference, 1 vs NFC

Dolphins: 4 vs division, 4 vs conference, 2 vs NFC

Vikings: 1 vs division, 1 vs conference, 0 vs AFC

Patriots:  2 vs division, 1 vs conference, 1 vs NFC

Saints: 1 vs division, 1 vs conference, 0 vs AFC

Giants: 2 vs division, 2 vs conference, 0 vs AFC

Jets: 1 vs division, 1 vs conference, 0 vs NFC

Eagles: 0 vs division, 0 vs conference, 2 vs AFC

Steelers: 0 vs division, 1 vs conference, 2 vs NFC

Seahawks: 0 vs division, 1 vs conference, 1 vs AFC

49ers: 2 vs division, 3 vs conference, 3 vs AFC

Buccaneers: 0 vs division, 1 vs conference, 0 vs AFC

Titans: 1 vs division, 0 vs conference, 1 vs NFC

Washington: 0 vs division, 1 vs conference, 2 vs AFC

Notes:

-No color rushes included

-All 3 Falcons divisional throwback games since 2019 were vs the Saints

-Bears used a throwback helmet with the current uniform in 2019 vs the Giants not included in the stats of this post

-Cowboys have played 1 game per year with the RWB helmet stripe since 2021, 1 vs the Giants, 1 vs the Colts, 1 vs the Broncos

-Both Colts conference throwback games since 2019 were vs the Steelers

-3/4 Raiders divisional throwback games vs the Chargers

-Both Giants divisional throwback games vs Commanders

-49ers wore throwbacks 4 times in 2021, and the matching color rush one time

• Like 5

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

Not sure what the maximum number of times they can wear it is

They're allowed three alternate games, so one would assume they wear navy for at least one of them, and I would like two throwback games, but we can really only confidently expect one.

11 hours ago, HOOVER said:

The new helmet is a pretty big downgrade.  The matte finish with the smaller logo (CFCS) is going to look like a cheap replica retail helmet on the field. Should have stuck with glossy metallic paint (which looks better in the sun) and the bigger logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, BroncoBilly said:

To each their own, but I see the new Broncos uniforms as a massive improvement. And their primary helmet is blue, not white btw. 

Still navy blue, but at least they did not go radical. I wish instead of the alt white helmet, they went with an alt orange one or the orange shell just like the 1962-1966 look.

16 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

I agree. And sadly, I feel the same way about the Texans. As time passes, every time I see the new set, I dislike it more. What is bothering me the most is the number font. It's jarring but not in a good way. The homes are pretty nice if the number font was fixed. The shoulder bull horns just don't work for me on the other jerseys. 

I just see this entire set as a downgrade. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ruttep said:

That's exactly what I think will happen. I wish the NFL would mandate 'Throwback Weekends' (like they did in 2009 for the AFL teams) or at least force both teams to wear throwbacks in a game...there's nothing more jarring than seeing (for example) the Bears wearing their 1940 throwbacks playing the (as you said) Falcons or Panthers or Titans in their Nike-era FUBARs.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Still navy blue, but at least they did not go radical. I wish instead of the alt white helmet, they went with an alt orange one or the orange shell just like the 1962-1966 look.

But an orange helmet wouldn’t be icy 🥶- nor would it accurately represent snow-capped mountains 🏔️. Lemme guess - next you’re gonna say the uniforms shouldn’t have “5280” on them?! Blasphemy!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

berea-ohio-mike-hall-jr-51-of-the-clevel

That's a beautiful looking helmet right there!

We didn’t know just how much of a difference those white facemasks made until we were without them. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

But an orange helmet wouldn’t be icy 🥶- nor would it accurately represent snow-capped mountains 🏔️. Lemme guess - next you’re gonna say the uniforms shouldn’t have “5280” on them?! Blasphemy!

No, but at least it would be historically correct. The icy goofy :censored: just needs to rest in the stupidity box with those stupid hip stuff they create.

I could imagine an orange helmet with the new logo and the navy blue they have now would be a bad ass combo. Picture it, orange helmets with navy blue jerseys, WOW!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

No, but at least it would be historically correct. The icy goofy :censored: just needs to rest in the stupidity box with those stupid hip stuff they create.

I could imagine an orange helmet with the new logo and the navy blue they have now would be a bad ass combo. Picture it, orange helmets with navy blue jerseys, WOW!!!

I don’t have to picture it - I can just look at pics of any Syracuse or Illinois home game in the ‘90s. 😉

• Like 3
  • LOL 1