2024 NFL Changes

17 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

New Texans jersey looks almost black.  It also has a beveled number!  Nice.  I thought only the H-town jersey had that.

I pity @TruColor when I look at some uniforms and compare the colors to what he uses on his site for the franchise colors. Just looking at this, the Texans look like they were using closer to Patriots navy than Bears navy.

Could you imagine how much time it would take to create swatches for franchise colors and uniform colors for seemingly every season? I read an article yesterday on Uni-Watch about purple teams and the mismatches, and it's crazy how many there are.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

New Texans jersey looks almost black.  It also has a beveled number!  Nice.  I thought only the H-town jersey had that.

Unique  blue for them now. At least they do not have the same Chicago Bears and New England Patriots shade.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Unique  blue for them now. At least they do not have the same Chicago Bears and New England Patriots shade.

The Pats don’t wear the same shade as the Bears. 

My proposal to solve the NFL’s sock problem:

1. All players on a team must wear the same color and style of socks. Half the league does this consistently already so it’s clearly achievable. Just need to get the Cowboys, Packers, 49ers, Chargers, Bucs, etc. on board. 

-1a. If a player wants to wear an accessory over his socks, there must be a documented medical purpose. 

2. If the base color of the jersey is a team color (i.e., not white) then the socks worn with that jersey must at least contain a team color (so, solid-colored, or white with single-color stripes, or white with multicolor stripes, will all work). Doesn’t have to be the same team color as the jerseys - for instance, if Buffalo wanted to revert to the ‘90s and wear red socks with blue jerseys, that would be fine. 

3. A few snowflakes can’t follow those two simple rules? Appoint a successor to Merton Hanks to enforce them. 

The end. That would end the white-socks-with-color-jerseys nightmare, as well as the incredibly unprofessional-looking inconsistencies within a team in the same game. Nothing excessive, nothing complicated. It pisses me off that they put up with sloppy amateur crap like the sock issues and the slob shirts, when they’re otherwise so protective of their brand. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

My proposal to solve the NFL’s sock problem:

If you can show the NFL how this will make them money, they'll be all over it. If not ...

• Like 6

It's where I sit.

I believe the new dark blue used by the Texans was referred to as "pitch blue" in the unveiling, although I can't find that listed anywhere now. I know Villanova, a Nike school, has "pitch blue" alternate uniforms that use a blue that is almost black. I would guess it's the same color.

Marquette surges down the stretch; tops Villanova 87-74

EDIT: Found it. This is from Riddell, though, so it may not be the same exact shade.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Broncos orange/white/orange combo from NFL Rookie Premiere

spacer.png

Absolutely no reason for the Broncos to change number fonts…even USM realized this font kinda sucks. 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Absolutely no reason for the Broncos to change number fonts…even USM realized this font kinda sucks. 

Especially not with the matching wordmark staying in place. They were nice, legible numbers that had become very associated with the Broncos. This was a change for the sake of change.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The Pats don’t wear the same shade as the Bears. 

No, but the Texans did have the same shade as each at one point. They started with Bears navy in the Reebok era and ended with Pats navy in the Nike era. I think that's what @Silver_Star meant, because I saw the same thing with the picture comparing the Texans' jerseys.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

No, but the Texans did have the same shade as each at one point. They started with Bears navy in the Reebok era and ended with Pats navy in the Nike era. I think that's what @Silver_Star meant, because I saw the same thing with the picture comparing the Texans' jerseys.

It’s weird because I don’t think they ever officially changed their PMS shade. From 2002-23 their official main color was…don’t recall the Hex, but RGB is 9-31-44, which is the same shade the Bears have had since the late 1990s. 

33 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

It’s weird because I don’t think they ever officially changed their PMS shade. From 2002-23 their official main color was…don’t recall the Hex, but RGB is 9-31-44, which is the same shade the Bears have had since the late 1990s. 

The franchise colors never changed, but the uniform colors did. For whatever reason, Nike seems to have trouble getting the colors right. The Eagles had to wear their white and alternate jerseys for the first half of the 2014 season because of that issue. It's also why the Bucs kept the 2014 shade of pewter when they switched back to the pre-2014 jerseys.

I'm starting to realize that the Commanders' number font might be another thing that sucks about their uniform. Looking at Daniels' jersey number, it somehow looks to me like a 5 and a 6 at the same time. I can't unsee it for whatever reason.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I'm starting to realize that the Commanders' number font might be another thing that sucks about their uniform. Looking at Daniels' jersey number, it somehow looks to me like a 5 and a 6 at the same time. I can't unsee it for whatever reason.

They should change his number to 11. 

• LOL 1