2024 NFL Changes

I'll echo the statements claiming that the Texans' navy is too dark. I heard in the past that this was the deep steel blue that they were suppose to use from the beginning and that the one they were previously donning wasn't the accurate shade because of Nike-related issues. Whether that is true or not, I think the "wrong" shade might have been the "right" shade IMO.

Texans dominate Browns for first playoff win since 2020 | Katy Times

Texans 28, Giants 10: How C.J Stroud, defense led to preseason win

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

42 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I'll echo the statements claiming that the Texans' navy is too dark. I heard in the past that this was the deep steel blue that they were suppose to use from the beginning and that the one they were previously donning wasn't the accurate shade because of Nike-related issues. Whether that is true or not, I think the "wrong" shade might have been the "right" shade IMO.

I think the Texans new deep steel blue is much better than the navy blue that looks similar to the Patriots and Bears. I hate to say that the Texans needed to have a very different shade to make themselves unique and not the same navy blue those other teams use.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 3

24 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

I think the Texans new deep steel blue is much better than the navy blue that looks similar to the Patriots and Bears. I hate to say that the Texans needed to have a very different shade to make themselves unique and not the same navy blue those other teams use.

I still think the best way the Texans could've differentiated themselves was by making red the primary home uniform and become the one team with a red/blue color scheme to be red dominant instead of blue dominant.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Hurl 1

19 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I still think the best way the Texans could've differentiated themselves was by making red the primary home uniform and become the one team with a red/blue color scheme to be red dominant instead of blue dominant.

We tried to tell them that on their twitter account, but Cal McNair did not listen to most of the ones that wanted red to be the primary home uniforms.

2 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Completely unrelated to the uniform topic discussion...but can someone tell me just exactly what the freak is going on in this photo in context??

49 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I say the best way the Texans could have differentiated themselves was by picking a completely different colorway from the onset...but Texo-jingoism apparently won out and, well, this is what we're stuck with. Granted, Houston can still so that someday down the line, but they probably won't. They could at least brighten up the red, though.

13 minutes ago, McCall said:

This looks great.

FB_Helmet_Guy on X: "The Texans have worn red "socks" with their white  jersey/blue pants uniforms in the past. What do you think of this look?  https://t.co/6SYimtv9GW" / X

And this isn't really any different, color distribution-wise.

And the reason for this is the red jersey numbers, which the red socks help a/ balance and b/ bring out. (This is another reason why the Texans should have kept the red road numbers...but I digress.)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

28 minutes ago, McCall said:

That may be the dumbest take I've heard on these boards in a long time.

This looks great.

FB_Helmet_Guy on X: "The Texans have worn red "socks" with their white  jersey/blue pants uniforms in the past. What do you think of this look?  https://t.co/6SYimtv9GW" / X

Grading the Packers' position groups based on advanced statistics - Acme  Packing Company

In both cases, the socks are the color of the numbers. In the case of the Falcons, those red socks are only used as a trim color, so it's a color that isn't used enough anywhere else. It would be akin to the Vikings wearing yellow socks, or the Dolphins wearing orange socks.

• Like 6

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, McCall said:

That may be the dumbest take I've heard on these boards in a long time.

This looks great.

Grading the Packers' position groups based on advanced statistics - Acme  Packing Company

That's subjective.  Insulting me doesn't make it objective.  (It's simply a sign of insecurity & poor ability to argue a position).

Putting the Falcons in Red socks in the uniform combination that you showed is not the same as when the Texans used to do it or when the Packers do it, as others have pointed out.  It puts an inordinate amount of Red on the bottom of the uniform where Red only appears in the top 3/4 of the uniform as a minor accent.  

You guys can be cute here all you want, but it's again about balance.

Which is funny that some of you mocked me for that, considering all of the uniforms you love so much are all successful because they achieve color balance and all the ones you hate - monochrome & iced out - are unbalanced.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Yawn 3

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

What about it is better other than being unique, though? I thought the general conscious was that it looked too close to black?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

That's subjective.  Insulting me doesn't make it objective.  (It's simply a sign of insecurity & poor ability to argue a position).

He wasn't insulting you. Just critiquing your take.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Which is funny that some of you mocked me for that, considering all of the uniforms you love so much are all successful because they achieve color balance and all the ones you hate - monochrome & iced out - are unbalanced.

You literally said an all white iced  out Cardinals look was perfectly balanced and cardinal socks would throw it out of balance. 

Balance is also somewhat subjective for sports uniforms. 

• Applause 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Putting the Falcons in Red socks in the uniform combination that you showed is not the same as when the Texans used to do it or when the Packers do it, as others have pointed out.  It puts an inordinate amount of Red on the bottom of the uniform where Red only appears in the top 3/4 of the uniform as a minor accent.  

As @Dynasty stated, I insulted the take, not you personally. How you take that take on a take is up to you. I have no take on that.

Secondly, the red stripes down the side of the jersey onto the pants, along with the giant red ATL, with the red shadow in a minor supporting role, provides enough of the color that the red socks can work. May not be the balance level of the Texans and Packers examples, but the jersey is not devoid of the color.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 2

just seeing the Broncos coming out in navy /white/orange/ white.  Looks miles better than all white, contrasting tights/socks make a difference.  Excited to see Jets in Green tights last game too. 

• Like 2

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

We tried to tell them that on their twitter account, but Cal McNair did not listen to most of the ones that wanted red to be the primary home uniforms.

Dollars to doughnuts it's because navy sells more than red.  And so that they could have two navy jerseys for the price of one.

The REAL solution is for the Titans to grow up and quit hoarding the Oilers identity.  Although at this point, I'm sure Nike would find some way to ruin it.

• Eyeroll 1

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

17 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

just seeing the Broncos coming out in navy /white/orange/ white.  Looks miles better than all white, contrasting tights/socks make a difference.  Excited to see Jets in Green tights last game too. 

Navy socks would be better, but they still look pretty nice.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Yeah, but the Texans navy blue comes from a very specific place:

texas-flag-fully-sewn-design-usa-flag-co

If anything, they should have made the blue lighter, not darker, to better match the flag.

• Like 6
  • Hurl 1