2024 NFL Changes

22 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Red helmet is a no-go for me when Black is in the uniform scheme, unless Black is relegated to a minor tertiary accent color.  The only reason to consider a Red helmet is because it would be a return to the "original" but other than that, there's no other redeeming quality to it, especially in any of those combos shown above, which all look like high school teams.  

Having coached at and designed uniforms for schools with Black & Red color schemes, it's actually a trickier combo than people think, primarily when you try to use Red as a dominant or equal color in a design, as both are very bold, strong colors - when you use too much of both at once, they compete for the eye and it doesn't work.  It works best when the Red is a minor tertiary accent for a pop, not as an equally dominant color in the complete design.  Black/White/Red, in that order, or Red/White/Black work best.  See Utes, Utah (not their Black alts).

And I can agree 100% with anyone saying the Falcons should not wear a Silver or Dark Silver helmet because of the Panthers or Bucs (although I'd put money on Carolina changing to the Black helmet full-time soon because Tepper is a moron).  However, anyone making that argument needs to check themselves if suggesting a Red helmet, since the better and more popular football team in the state, the University of Georgia Bulldogs, wear a Red helmet.  Best choice for the Falcons identity is the (Satin) Black shell they have now.

Of course, it's all personal preference, and everyone has a right to their own opinion, and yada yada yada.

Sure.

But some opinions just seem crazy.

This is one of the best uniforms in NFL history...

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, Aardvark said:

I think the Falcons had it right at the beginning of the Vick era and should have never changed from this. They had their most successful season at the time wearing these uniforms as well

In theory, I'd think I'd prefer the Falcons to go back to the 90s/early 00s look than the 80s looks because I think the black helmets flowed better with that look than the red helmets did with the prior look, plus the red really popped nicely

In practice, in this era they'd wear the silver pants twice a season and resort to all-black or all-white 90% of the time and we'd be begging them to try something different

• Like 1

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Red helmet is a no-go for me when Black is in the uniform scheme, unless Black is relegated to a minor tertiary accent color.  The only reason to consider a Red helmet is because it would be a return to the "original" but other than that, there's no other redeeming quality to it, especially in any of those combos shown above, which all look like high school teams.  

Having coached at and designed uniforms for schools with Black & Red color schemes, it's actually a trickier combo than people think, primarily when you try to use Red as a dominant or equal color in a design, as both are very bold, strong colors - when you use too much of both at once, they compete for the eye and it doesn't work.  It works best when the Red is a minor tertiary accent for a pop, not as an equally dominant color in the complete design.  Black/White/Red, in that order, or Red/White/Black work best.  See Utes, Utah (not their Black alts).

And I can agree 100% with anyone saying the Falcons should not wear a Silver or Dark Silver helmet because of the Panthers or Bucs (although I'd put money on Carolina changing to the Black helmet full-time soon because Tepper is a moron).  However, anyone making that argument needs to check themselves if suggesting a Red helmet, since the better and more popular football team in the state, the University of Georgia Bulldogs, wear a Red helmet.  Best choice for the Falcons identity is the (Satin) Black shell they have now.

So, if the helmets are red, we can go with the 1978-1989 look, BUT the problem with that is Tampa Bay Buccaneers has the dominant red color in their home uniforms which becomes the problem, BUT, the Falcons would have the red helmets along with red jerseys.

Sort of like this,

i-know-we-have-a-lot-of-problems-right-n

I do not know who did this, but I wish they stop making the red pants and make that silver pants instead.

But other than that, that is a decent look on them. I think the Panthers need a black helmet since the Detroit Lions robbed them of that with their new alts, but hey process cyan helmets could look good, but it would just compete with the now Detroit Lions azure blue helmet alt.

As for the Rams, they just need to ditch that highlighter yellow. Too bright for television and it is not as dim as the Steelers or Chargers golden yellow is with the slight amber touch. The Rams yellow is just too light, and neon and it is an eye sore.

On 9/13/2024 at 9:24 AM, spartacat_12 said:

I honestly don't see anything redeemable about this uniform. If you want to have cream/bone as part of your colour scheme it should replace white, not be combined with it. The pant stripes, sleeve caps, and nametags just bring more attention to how dingy the rest of the uniform looks. It makes even less sense when you consider the fact that bone isn't used at all on the home jersey. It's a different sport, but the Buffalo Sabres are an example of great execution on a cream, royal, and yellow uniform.

spacer.png

Like I said, this would work, but to be honest why would the Rams need a cream colored or a dingy uniform if they can have two primary royal blue and golden yellow and the alt being the navy blue and white, then have a golden yellow helmets and jersey combo for the alt color rush or maybe just a blue color rush with the golden yellow helmets.

I saw this on uni watch of this guy's Rams concept. I think some parts need slight work,
image2-24-1024x850.png

image3-18-1024x850.png

I wish his 4th alt was the navy blue and white one so the golden yellow and royal blue defaults can stand out with a 4th different uniform, but oh well.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Of course, it's all personal preference, and everyone has a right to their own opinion, and yada yada yada.

Sure.

But some opinions just seem crazy.

This is one of the best uniforms in NFL history...

spacer.png

Precisely!! Sure it's other great uniforms in history, but this set is right up in the upper elite.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Given all the recent Falcons discussion, reposting my nearly 5 year old concept:

spacer.png

This site lets you mix and match various elements:

https://andrewwagner.wixsite.com/atlantafalcons2020

My goal was to marry classic concepts (traditional color blocking, throwback inspired base, fairly standard striping) with a touch of modernity (tapered stripe contained within the normal stripe, modern numbers to match the wordmark).

Now this  I could confidently call a modern classic. It’s the perfect blend of traditional striping patterns with a modern twist, inspired by the logo. This is also pretty much exactly what I was talking about when i said I would tweak their number font, this better matches the wordmark.

The only thing I’d add is a black alternate helmet to keep the “blackout” look once or twice a year, which I’m a sucker for in their case. I’ve always loved this concept, but I just want to say while I can: very well done!

4 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Like I said, this would work, but to be honest why would the Rams need a cream colored or a dingy uniform if they can have two primary royal blue and golden yellow and the alt being the navy blue and white, then have a golden yellow helmets and jersey combo for the alt color rush or maybe just a blue color rush with the golden yellow helmets.

I saw this on uni watch of this guy's Rams concept. I think some parts need slight work,
image2-24-1024x850.png

image3-18-1024x850.png

I wish his 4th alt was the navy blue and white one so the golden yellow and royal blue defaults can stand out with a 4th different uniform, but oh well.

ucheIwL.jpg

There’s a few things I’ve changed about my Rams concept since. I wouldn’t mind adding a navy & white alt.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TruColor said:

The Panthers use Process Blue, not Process Cyan.

spacer.png  spacer.png

Honestly, comparing those two, I think they should  use Process Cyan. It probably wouldn’t make a difference for the real-life jerseys, but I think that Process Cyan looks better digitally, & closer how I imagine the Panthers.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I don't think the Falcons have ever had a truly great uniform, only ones that are various degrees of okay at best (and then the current uniforms that just suck).

1997-2002 Falcons’ set is among my favorite NFL uniforms of all time, and with a red alt in the same style and a red-helmet throwback, it could’ve been kept forever, just getting small periodic changes to account for changes in cut and fabric. 

8 hours ago, Steven727 said:

Precisely!! Sure it's other great uniforms in history, but this set is right up in the upper elite.

Uniform…yes.

Helmet…yes.

Uniform & helmet…no.

The black helmet is a far superior look.

33 minutes ago, Zachary15 said:

Commanders in gold pants today I believe

Yep! It improves their look tremendously. 

I still wish they’d rebrand to Warthogs with horns on the front of their helmets and Gibbs-era-inspired striping on jersey and pants. But burgundy-burgundy-yellow-burgundy is about the best we can hope to get with this current mess of a set/brand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

I still wish they’d rebrand to Warthogs with horns on the front of their helmets and Gibbs-era-inspired striping on jersey and pants. But burgundy-burgundy-yellow-burgundy is about the best we can hope to get with this current mess of a set/brand. 

The Florida Tuskers of the 2009 UFL had tusks on their helmets.

IMG_1304.jpg

florida-tuskers-2009-v3.png?1613703817

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 minute ago, Lights Out said:

I can't see Warthogs as anything other than a minor-league baseball team's name. Particularly a mid-'90s minor-league team from when Lion King was all the rage.

There was a indoor soccer team called the Washington Warthogs back in the 90

front.jpg?design=pfx0-00by-9k67&pbbtn=1&

With that said, Warthogs is the best natural hog/pig related name they could have used without going the creative route of Redhogs or Pigskins.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I would’ve loved to see them go with Warthogs, too, but unfortunately I think there’s no way it’ll ever happen.