College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

On 10/7/2024 at 3:42 PM, aawagner011 said:

USC’s current look is in the upper echelon of college football, but the tweaks in the last decade have eroded what used to be a classic.

- Number font is a downgrade. Just look at Lendale White where both digits are fairly unique, but still a classic aesthetic. The new font is fine, but it’s too thick.

spacer.png

I miss UCLA’s navy helmet logo and navy-accented away uniforms. I also miss lighter blue home uniforms and Clarendon numbers. I guess what I’m saying is that UCLA needs to go back to their Cade McNown-era set.

• Like 3

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

26 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Looks like Ohio State’s normal all white uniform. Some folks were speculating a white helmet due to the video.

Ohio State does alternates perfectly. Even when they mix it up, they still distinctly look like Ohio State. Even their black or grey uniforms still scream "Ohio State"

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

20 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Closeup angles of the South Florida Black uniform.  If they choose to use black, I like this better than the lime green.  It's only an alternate so it's A-OK with me.

At least they’re using a school color unlike some BWFBWS unis we’ve seen. Even if it’s an outline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

believe South Carolina is wearing a hybrid helmet today. It appears to use the thicker stripes from their throwback but with the normal decal and without the stars.

spacer.png

Those are the larger decals used on the throwback helmets too. The regular white helmet decals are a bit smaller. 

South Carolina Gamecocks Football - Garnet And Black Attack

----

Disappointed Georgia Tech went with white helmets vs North Carolina. G/W/G vs. CB/CB/white is always a phenomenal aesthetic in Chapel Hill. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Those are the larger decals used on the throwback helmets too. The regular white helmet decals are a bit smaller. 

South Carolina Gamecocks Football - Garnet And Black Attack

----

Disappointed Georgia Tech went with white helmets vs North Carolina. G/W/G vs. CB/CB/white is always a phenomenal aesthetic in Chapel Hill. 

Good call, didn’t realize that!

———

After seeing these Oregon unis on field, I think the design is ok, but they’re begging for pops of color. The green blends in and the overall look is dull. These need the usual yellow or neon that usually accompany the black Oregon unis.

This color combo has been used so often (also in combos with yellow jerseys with black accents) that it feels like an unofficial color scheme for Oregon. The black, silver, and green misses for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, damnyoutuesday said:

I guess I'm confused why 2 of Oregon's jerseys are super conservative (green and white) and are by far the best looking while the black one (and wasn't there another?) that are super modern and look like the previous set

The black, yellow and yet to be released white are callbacks to the diamond plate and the “wing” patterns that they used for the last 20th years. Its to celebrate the 20+ years of the Nike innovation

• Like 3

14 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Good call, didn’t realize that!

———

After seeing these Oregon unis on field, I think the design is ok, but they’re begging for pops of color. The green blends in and the overall look is dull. These need the usual yellow or neon that usually accompany the black Oregon unis.

This color combo has been used so often (also in combos with yellow jerseys with black accents) that it feels like an unofficial color scheme for Oregon. The black, silver, and green misses for me.

I definitely wouldn’t call the overall look dull since the numbers and diamondplate pattern are highly reflective and were pretty noticeable throughout the game, but I do agree that they’d be better with the more standard yellow accents instead of green. I will say, though, the metallic green decals on the helmets looked great and helped to pull everything together nicely. 

14 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

I guess I'm confused why 2 of Oregon's jerseys are super conservative (green and white) and are by far the best looking while the black one (and wasn't there another?) that are super modern and look like the previous set

So this uni set is called “Generation O”, it’s celebrating 25 years since the university rebrand to the ‘O’ logo and how this current generation of players grew up as the Oregon brand started exploding into the mainstream. Oregon’s uni redesigns are heavily inspired by player input and this time around they wanted to pay tribute to the players they grew up watching and the uniforms those players wore (hence these mashup uniforms with the diamond plate, wings, etc). Players also wanted to pay tribute to the foundation of the program, the players and teams that came before Oregon became a household name (hence the retro-inspired green and white uniforms). I feel like a Nike copywriter trying to explain it but just trying to summarize the “storytelling” that’s accompanied these new uniforms this year lol.

• Like 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 10/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, Green27 said:

Evidently the Bowling Green defense wore the design on the left while the offense wore the design on the right. I believe the regular logo was on the opposite side for both helmets.

I'm really curious what constitutes as "uniform" these days. I thought there was a rule about every player needing to have the same helmet, but this isn't the first time a team has had different players wearing different helmet designs in a game.

Ole Miss vs LSU was a stunning matchup last night. Definitely has to be one of the best matchups of the season with Ole Miss in their classic navy/red/gray. That combo is my favorite from Ole Miss.

Why on earth they can’t just wear those full time like they used to is beyond me and light years better than all of their weekly alternate garbage. It’s always a treat to see Ole Miss dress traditional nowadays.

• Like 3