24-25 NBA changes

DJT

15 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i think the biggest crime the pistons have done was insisting on wearing grey for nearly the past decade as their third color

it started in 2015 with adidas. these were considered as their alternates for 2 years

detroit-pistons-2015-17-alternate-jersey

but then nike introduced statement jerseys and made these as part of their set indefinitely: 

detroit-pistons-2017-20-statement-jersey

and the team stuck with them for a long 4-5 years. on top of the 2 that adidas had with theirs. i genuinely think this was the worst jersey in the league out of any main uniform set. 

Red and blue can work with gray - we see that in the NFL with the Giants for example, but for some reason this jersey just never looked right to me. I think it might have been better with white outlines around the lettering and numbers and no thick shoulder striping to match the Icon and Association Edition look. At any rate, I'm glad they finally ditched it but the refusal to have red remains puzzling. I can't imagine they have focus grouping or other data that says black, gray, and navy is what their dwindling fan base wants.

• Like 1

Raptors have unveiled their 30th anniversary logos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Their announcement also mentioned plans for a new City jersey, which I'm assuming will incorporate purple & the dinosaur.

• Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Raptors have unveiled their 30th anniversary logos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Their announcement also mentioned plans for a new City jersey, which I'm assuming will incorporate purple & the dinosaur.

Having  a Classic Edition to the OGs or the early 2000s Vince Carter ones would be even better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, projectjohn said:

Having  a Classic Edition to the OGs or the early 2000s Vince Carter ones would be even better.

Of course that would be better. But, this is the Modern NBA we're probably going to get something like this, just with more purple and more nonsense ...

tmp-name-3-485-1670736268-36_dblbig.jpg

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

no, they'll have both

So Warriors (in Statement press release) and Grizzlies confirmed for Classic. The Raptors release yesterday seems as if they won't have a Classic edition to celebrate 30th just City Edition. That leaves 2 of the Kings, Blazers and Cavs as teams celebrating anniversaries to have Classic. @Conrad.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

no, they'll have both

I'm just curious about one thing—I'll wait for the unis to come out to see the rest: are we gonna be seeing another black-based City uniform for Memphis in this upcoming cycle? (If that's toeing too close to the line, I understand.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, tantheman said:

So Warriors (in Statement press release) and Grizzlies confirmed for Classic. The Raptors release yesterday seems as if they won't have a Classic edition to celebrate 30th just City Edition. That leaves 2 of the Kings, Blazers and Cavs as teams celebrating anniversaries to have Classic. @Conrad.

I mean, I don't know how much weight you can put on that being the definitive list of possible throwbacks. We're talking about the Nike's NBA here. They would celebrate any anniversary from a team's creation to a failed trade.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

22 hours ago, tantheman said:

The Raptors release yesterday seems as if they won't have a Classic edition to celebrate 30th just City Edition.

I hope they just forgot to mention Classic edition in a press release. It would be a huge shame if they didn't bring back a retro from 2000 Slam Dunk Contest.

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

22 hours ago, kolob said:

I mean, I don't know how much weight you can put on that being the definitive list of possible throwbacks. We're talking about the Nike's NBA here. They would celebrate any anniversary from a team's creation to a failed trade.

"The Warriors will wear another classic jersey in 2024 to celebrate trading Chris Webber to the Washington Bullets for Tom Gugliotta and three draft picks" 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

"The Warriors will wear another classic jersey in 2024 to celebrate trading Chris Webber to the Washington Bullets for Tom Gugliotta and three draft picks" 

So that means we should be getting another classic next year celebrating the Felton Spencer trade? 

• LOL 1

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I got Tom Gugliotta’s autograph at the Harrisburg Farm Show one year. I’ve never seen larger hands in my life. Freakishly large. It was at that moment I realized that pro players were not like the rest of us, and I had better learn how to do something normal. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/1/2024 at 7:48 PM, BBTV said:

I got Tom Gugliotta’s autograph at the Harrisburg Farm Show one year. I’ve never seen larger hands in my life. Freakishly large. It was at that moment I realized that pro players were not like the rest of us, and I had better learn how to do something normal. 

Maybe you could still do something mildly weird, if not abnormal.  🧐 Not sure what, but something's out there.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Raptors dropping another big hint at a purple throwback.

spacer.png

I wonder if that's a hint into the NBA Cup jerseys?  Do we know if they'll be the City Jerseys again or possibly a Cup specific design?

• Like 2

On 8/14/2024 at 2:53 PM, kolob said:

I wonder if that's a hint into the NBA Cup jerseys?  Do we know if they'll be the City Jerseys again or possibly a Cup specific design?

Maybe I'm  just being a stickler but the graphic bothers me a lil 😅 . Why use Vince Carter's jersey when Chris Bosh also wore the purple jersey and had the same number as Scottie Barnes? A little cohension please, Raptors 😅😜🤪🤭

• LOL 3

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

21 minutes ago, Telemundo219 said:

I may just being a stickler but the graphic bothers me a lil 😅 . Why use Vince Carter's jersey when Chris Bosh also wore the purple jersey and had the same number as Scottie Barnes? A little cohension please, Raptors 😅😜🤪🤭

Well the team has said that on top of the 30th anniversary they'll also be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Vince Carter winning the dunk contest. 

4 hours ago, Telemundo219 said:

I may just being a stickler but the graphic bothers me a lil 😅 . Why use Vince Carter's jersey when Chris Bosh also wore the purple jersey and had the same number as Scottie Barnes? A little cohension please, Raptors 😅😜🤪🤭

But Chris Bosh never wore a purple jersey with "Toronto" wordmark, because in his rookie season they change it to "Raptors".

• WOAH 1
  • Eyeroll 3

4r2eer.png