24-25 NBA changes

DJT

Didn't see the usual "players in their new uniform" thread, but Paul George will wear #8 for Sixers since 13 and 24 are retired.  He says 8 is for Kobe and since Kobe is from Philadelphia area, it made sense.

r1355882_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&s

• Like 3
  • Love 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

seems like Phila is bringing back the retro unis for next season at the earliest, which makes sense taking into account that jerseys are decided about 1,5/2 years before they actually hit the market. Makes sense they are coming back in 25/26 if the guy who hated them left the team in 2022

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Sadly, only 4 😞

Cavaliers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Mavericks 45th Anniversary of franchise (1980-2025)

Clippers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Lakers 65th Anniversary of relocation to LA (1960-2025)

Grizzlies 30th Anniversary of franchise (1995-2025)

Trail Blazers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Kings 40th Anniversary of relocation to Sac (1985-2025)

Raptors 30th Anniversary of franchise (1995-2025)

Would guess it's 4 of these 8 teams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tantheman said:

Cavaliers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Mavericks 45th Anniversary of franchise (1980-2025)

Clippers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Lakers 65th Anniversary of relocation to LA (1960-2025)

Grizzlies 30th Anniversary of franchise (1995-2025)

Trail Blazers 55th Anniversary of franchise (1970-2025)

Kings 40th Anniversary of relocation to Sac (1985-2025)

Raptors 30th Anniversary of franchise (1995-2025)

Would guess it's 4 of these 8 teams.

Guessing that the clippers can be ruled out just based on it being year 1 in the new set and new arena.

5 years ago for the 2019-20 season, the teams with classic editions were Warriors, Sixers, Pacers, Magic, Hornets, Clippers, Rockets, Raptors, Grizzlies, Blazers, Kings, Cavaliers, and Jazz

Lakers celebrated some anniversary in 2020-21, and 2022-23, I also remember Mavs doing one in 2020-21, so I'm not sure if they'll do one this year. Based on the overlap between your list and the list from 5 years ago, I'm gonna guess its 4 out of Grizzlies, Cavs, Blazers, Kings, and Raptors

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Didn't see the usual "players in their new uniform" thread, but Paul George will wear #8 for Sixers since 13 and 24 are retired.  He says 8 is for Kobe and since Kobe is from Philadelphia area, it made sense.

r1355882_1296x729_16-9.jpg&w=920&h=518&s

Wait a second, are the Sixers reverting to their uniforms before last season? The drop shadow was changed last year, as it was on the right side of the jersey and much more prominently featured. This is the older design that PG8 is wearing.

EDIT: NVM, George showed up ath the practice facility and got his official jersey today. Same design as last season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NunsDupreAllDay said:

@Conrad. Apart from the Wiz and Dubs, are you able to share how many other teams are getting new Statements this year?

Really hoping the Pistons go back to a red version similar to their 75th anniversary uniform that was so awesome.

Remember these, too EQ355K3QV5FBFDEQ4SCITVKJZE.jpg

4.jpeg

As for the Pistons, sadly, I have to report that they'll continue to NOT have the red statement uniform that they truly need. Makes no sense to me. 😞

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

4.jpeg

As for the Pistons, sadly, I have to report that they'll continue to NOT have the red statement uniform that they truly need. Makes no sense to me. 😞

any word on a nets new statement jersey it's been 2 years

7 hours ago, bushy said:

I like them, but not for this time. I hope they don’t go back to those outside of a city/statement or whatever it’s called 

Same. 

Truth be told, I liked the blue alt from that set better. 

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

4.jpeg

yes, totally forgot about the rebrand’s. Thank you!

and it’s an absolute travesty about the Pistons. Shame.

• Like 2

Not that I'm trying to read into too much but, lately the Raptors social media have been using more of red and purple ( announcements of signings, etc, etc ).

Could this be  a sign for a new colour scheme if, new uniforms are in the new future?

• Like 1

4kv29i.jpg

5 hours ago, dont care said:

Beats the millimeter of drop shadow they had before

Nah, it wasn't perfect that way either, but the optimal way would be in the middle of those two.

9 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Truth be told, I liked the blue alt from that set better. 

Me too at the time, since it had that special occasional alternate treatment, although I do prefer the black one looking at it now.

9 hours ago, Davey said:

Not that I'm trying to read into too much but, lately the Raptors social media have been using more of red and purple ( announcements of signings, etc, etc ).

Could this be  a sign for a new colour scheme if, new uniforms are in the new future?

Not sure who it was but one of the raptors beat guys asked Scottie point blank yesterday about the purple, he kind of played it off but he was smiling ear to ear the whole time. They are pushing the purple and red graphics hard; my only hope is they can revert back to the 2000's raptors purple with the red piping and black back panel. I'm unsure if they could do that now with the influx of black jerseys in the league. I do think those are great jerseys though.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, truepg said:

Nah, it wasn't perfect that way either, but the optimal way would be in the middle of those two.

I thought that at first, but the overly-extended one looks better on TV, as the thinner one was nearly invisible.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."