2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

3 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-uniform-schedule-for-2024

According to this article, the Cardinals will NOT be mixing and matching this year like everyone wants.

Oh, and they're wearing all-black three times for the first time ever, and doing another "winter whiteout" at home, leaving just six total games in their red jerseys.

This is a real head-scratcher. I'm not sure what this team is trying to prove by being so stubborn about their jersey-pant combos. 90% of the comments are people saying they should mix and match. There is no history or tradition behind the mono looks. I don't get it.

Apparently, Bill Bidwill (the late owner) loved Red pants. I also believe he fought to keep the Gray facemasks, although they've compromised a bit now by making them Silver.

On 9/4/2024 at 11:16 AM, SportsFan12 said:

HELL YEAH! Are the Titans finally turning a corner and favoring light blue combos?

How about light blue pants and navy socks for all non-throwback games, regardless of the jersey color? I’d be down to clown. 

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Will be interesting to see how the Falcons approach unis. It seems like every season since the redesign they have swayed back and forth between preferring monochrome and contrasting combos. They did not wear monochrome in preseason, but did  wear black pants in the first game, so it's not like they were just keeping one on the shelves and that is why we got white pants in the other two games. 

Makes me hopeful coach Morris prefers contrast. We might be good and look good this year (well, as best as we can). Really hoping the rumors of new uniforms next season are true.

Time out...we didn't just skate past this, did we? I know several on this site have voiced their desire to see a change for the Falcons, but have you seen/heard something that the rest of the Creamery hasn't as of yet??

55 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

How about light blue pants and navy socks for all non-throwback games, regardless of the jersey color? I’d be down to clown. 

And speaking of voicing desires for a change, the Snatit need a whole do-over...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/cardinals-uniform-schedule-for-2024

According to this article, the Cardinals will NOT be mixing and matching this year like everyone wants.

Oh, and they're wearing all-black three times for the first time ever, and doing another "winter whiteout" at home, leaving just six total games in their red jerseys.

This is a real head-scratcher. I'm not sure what this team is trying to prove by being so stubborn about their jersey-pant combos. 90% of the comments are people saying they should mix and match. There is no history or tradition behind the mono looks. I don't get it.

On one had, I appreciate the Cardinals on sticking to one home, one away, one alt, look. On the other hand I want them to mix and match because the mono-red looks like crap, and the mono white could really uses some red socks at least.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, tBBP said:

Time out...we didn't just skate past this, did we? I know several on this site have voiced their desire to see a change for the Falcons, but have you seen/heard something that the rest of the Creamery hasn't as of yet??

I'd say it's more of a well known assumption by many around the Falcons, such as certain reporters, former players that have connections in the building, and playful hints/mentions on Twitter of the team knowing fans absolutely prefer the throwback look with red helmet. The 5 year rule is done after this season, so we either already have something cooked up for next year, or it'll be a few seasons before we see anything. They scrapped the  gradient jerseys for the 2nd year now. They(Falcons) are completely aware that fans have been wanting something more along the traditional lines for a couple years now. 

Apparently the Eagles black-white combo was specifically a request of the Corinthians president, who said that they prefer that only road teams wear green (if they must) and that the home team upholds the "rule", as if they're representing the local club, and the Eagles black-white was close enough to Corinthians colors.

Makes US American football fans seem relatively sane.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, VikWings said:

On one had, I appreciate the Cardinals on sticking to one home, one away, one alt, look. On the other hand I want them to mix and match because the mono-red looks like crap, and the mono white could really uses some red socks at least.

All they need are these two uniforms.

2024_ARZ_F.png

2024_ARZ_B.png

They could even mix in this if they wanted.

2024_ARZ_C.png

• Like 12
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hard to believe, but not shocking the team is in year 7 of these ugly duds 

If they went over minimalist even I'd be OK. Do a Navy jersey in the vein of the Oilers unis as a home (with CB/W/CB stripes), invert for white with CB/N/CB stripes, and columbia plus pants with N/W/N stripes. Then the Oilers uni for a throwback. Keep the Navy Helmet though. I don't mind it as much now.

37 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I don't know, I kind of like that. There's something fun about upholding the local customs when you go someplace like that. Using an alternate uniform to play into the crowd is a very valid use of an alternate uniform in my opinion. After all, this whole thing is an entertainment product. 

So the Jags should wear all white with black socks to pay tribute to Tottenham? 😅

6 hours ago, Steven727 said:

I'd say it's more of a well known assumption by many around the Falcons, such as certain reporters, former players that have connections in the building, and playful hints/mentions on Twitter of the team knowing fans absolutely prefer the throwback look with red helmet. The 5 year rule is done after this season, so we either already have something cooked up for next year, or it'll be a few seasons before we see anything. They scrapped the  gradient jerseys for the 2nd year now. They(Falcons) are completely aware that fans have been wanting something more along the traditional lines for a couple years now. 

Let's hope they trash these unis after this year. It will join a long line of recent makeovers that were undone in favor of popular throwbacks or at least led to the adoption of a more sane design.

6 hours ago, Steven727 said:

Am I the only one who also prefers their old logo, even though it’s inferior in pretty much every way to the current?

If the Falcons should adopt the throwbacks as permanent (which is not an idea I'm totally on board with—but for something based on those, I would be), I think I might also like to see a take on the 71-77 sets, which seem somehow always get lost in the shuffle:

jenkins.jpg

Of course, one could say those fly a bit too close to the Chiefs, as well.

Outside opinion: if one were to order the Falcons' colors, I think it'd be black/red/white/whatever else they feel like tacking on. Personally, I think their '91-'96 set is their most iconic. But me saying that is not advocating for that old falcon to come back, either. However, again, perhaps maybe something based on that...??? 🤔

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As long as the Blank family owns the Falcons, I don't see them changing from the current logo. Our franchise history is kind of divided between the pre-Blank and post-Blank years, and the "robo bird" -- love it or hate it -- is his stamp...so much so that it is literally incorporated into the seating design of the stadium. 

And to go back to some other comments, Jamal Anderson (being the bozo he is) acted like he saw new uniforms or was somehow involved in the process and then, I am sure, was directed by the Falcons to go online and walk his comments back. I think this was in May when some of the other new unis were coming out. There have been no verified reports of a change for Atlanta. 

I will say, I have gotten a wink from a person in the organization when inquiring about it -- but absolutely no details or even hints. There could be a third helmet or maybe even a different throwback uniform, just based off current trends. But I don't know anything other than the fact that it's been a rumor that has grown enough legs that half of Falcons fans on the internet think it's already confirmed we are getting new unis next year 

57 minutes ago, tBBP said:

If the Falcons should adopt the throwbacks as permanent (which is not an idea I'm totally on board with—but for something based on those, I would be), I think I might also like to see a take on the 71-77 sets, which seem somehow always get lost in the shuffle:

jenkins.jpg

Of course, one could say those fly a bit too close to the Chiefs, as well.

Outside opinion: if one were to order the Falcons' colors, I think it'd be black/red/white/whatever else they feel like tacking on. Personally, I think their '91-'96 set is their most iconic. But me saying that is not advocating for that old falcon to come back, either. However, again, perhaps maybe something based on that...??? 🤔

The stench of Norm Van Brocklin. HAHA! That was a crazy coach indeed. I know the 1966-1970 look is famous just like the 1978-1989 and the 1997-2003 look as well, why not modernize it like the Lions did. I mean the Lions, Chargers, and Jets did a good job with bringing back a classic for the modern era (including slight changes to it like the Lions and Chargers did). I would love to see the 1966-1970 uniforms modernized with the 1978-1989 uniforms as the alt third jersey and the 1997-2003 as the fourth alt to add a throwback jersey.

• Like 1

Really wanted the Browns to wear orange pants. Seemed like this was a special enough occasion but I guess not.

Panthers doing a uni unveil for the first time, albeit a terrible one. A lot of people seemed to think they'd wear black pants, but that still has not happened for a Week 1 game. This makes it more likely the black pants are worn for Week 2 against the Chargers, which would provide some decent contrast with the powder blues.

3 hours ago, WBeltz said:

So the Jags should wear all white with black socks to pay tribute to Tottenham? 😅

I don't think it's really a "should" thing. They aren't under an obligation to do this, but Philadelphia decided to do it because it's something those fans really care about. They wouldn't be wrong to not do it, but it's cool that they do. It would also be cool if Jacksonville decided to wear something inspired by Tottenham! 

• Applause 1