2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

18 hours ago, ruttep said:

The darkening of the red. Why, why, why, why, why. The brighter and bolder the red, the better for the Niners in my opinion.

I think the darker red was more noticeable on the white jerseys than on the red jerseys, which still always looked vibrant on the field in any decent lighting. I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but I don't think it was a dealbreaker.

My biggest pet peeves were the white pants they wore exclusively for the first two years of the redesign, the mismatch between the pants and helmet stripes, and the lack of gold on the sleeve stripes. I also think double-outlined numbers would have been better than drop-shadowed, although I understand why they chose the latter at the time.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

48 minutes ago, ruttep said:

GUD has already created 2024 season pages with each team's schedule, but with placeholder images for obvious reasons.

Use inspect element and replace the placeholder image. Links to each uniform combo on GUD should be pretty easy to find.

Where does he have the new uniforms for this year? I generally go back to the previous season to get uniforms.

26 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think the darker red was more noticeable on the white jerseys than on the red jerseys, which still always looked vibrant on the field in any decent lighting. I don't have a strong opinion on it either way, but I don't think it was a dealbreaker.

My biggest pet peeves were the white pants they wore exclusively for the first two years of the redesign, the mismatch between the pants and helmet stripes, and the lack of gold on the sleeve stripes. I also think double-outlined numbers would have been better than drop-shadowed, although I understand why they chose the latter at the time.

I think the darker red was still vibrant because pretty much every picture you see of those red jerseys these days was taken in perfectly sunny conditions. The darker red was way more noticeable indoors or at night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Where does he have the new uniforms for this year? I generally go back to the previous season to get uniforms.

You have to tinker with the image link. All 2023 uniforms will have "2023" in the URL, so change that to 2024. You might have to change the letter designation at the end of the URL  a few times as well to get the combo you want. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure this will be the first "Liberty Whiteout" night game in Texans history. 

The home team for this matchup will have worn white for the past four meetings dating back to 2016:

M55PZONLQZGLNJHTXRKG2PTGX4.jpg?w=535

ESSOHQOZXFASDIC6RLDG3JO7CE.jpg?w=620

(Yes, these were two different games)

2982.jpeg

Last time the Bears wore their road whites against Houston was 2008:

112890551.0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

Pretty sure this will be the first "Liberty Whiteout" night game in Texans history. 

The home team for this matchup will have worn white for the past four meetings dating back to 2016:

M55PZONLQZGLNJHTXRKG2PTGX4.jpg?w=535

ESSOHQOZXFASDIC6RLDG3JO7CE.jpg?w=620

(Yes, these were two different games)

2982.jpeg

Last time the Bears wore their road whites against Chicago was 2008:

112890551.0.jpg

Non-zero chance the Bears wear orange for this game like they did when the Bucs went white at home last year in week 2.

64NYQZS63VBYZITAIKQOZAFVQU.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

But it won't be the first time the Texans did WAH during the  night. They also did so in the matchup with Dallas in 2002.

5 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Last time the Bears wore their road whites against Chicago was 2008:

112890551.0.jpg

They wore road whites against themselves??? 

• LOL 2
  • WOAH 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This was predictable based on the last two seasons, but it's worth noting that this is already a second confirmed road prime time game for Chicago that the home team will be in white jerseys. I think we see the orange helmets/jerseys for one of these games, probably Houston.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2024 at 2:40 PM, throwmesomepics said:

You can edit the URL of the images for each team and change the year to 2024

THANK YOU! I had wondered where you guys had been getting these graphics. 

On 6/5/2024 at 1:59 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Non-zero chance the Bears wear orange for this game like they did when the Bucs went white at home last year in week 2.

64NYQZS63VBYZITAIKQOZAFVQU.jpg

I love how the jersey and socks maintain the styling of the rest of the set. Worn with the regular helmet, this would be a really nice alt. 

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I love how the jersey and socks maintain the styling of the rest of the set. Worn with the regular helmet, this would be a really nice alt. 

It was

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Here's what I hope we get for Week 1 uniforms:

Hide contents

85DyKJr.jpeg

Here's what I think we get:

Hide contents

1FhxKuV.jpeg

Not sure where you're getting the Browns Week 1 white at home from, they haven't worn their primary white jersey at home at all since the current uniforms were introduced. I think we'll see brown over white for that one.

I do think there's a good chance we get proper blue over silver for the Lions since it's the uniform's debut.

I think the Niners will likely be wearing the 1994 red throwbacks. They wear the red throwbacks for the first home primetime game of the season every year.

9 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Not sure where you're getting the Browns Week 1 white at home from, they haven't worn their primary white jersey at home at all since the current uniforms were introduced. I think we'll see brown over white for that one.

I do think there's a good chance we get proper blue over silver for the Lions since it's the uniform's debut.

I think the Niners will likely be wearing the 1994 red throwbacks. They wear the red throwbacks for the first home primetime game of the season every year.

The Browns have gone white at home against the Cowboys the last couple times they've played, so I picked that for that matchup. Wouldn't be surprised if it goes the other way, though.

I hope you're right on the Lions, but they've gone all-blue in primetime to open the season before, and the team seems to like those.

I didn't have a good feel for what the 49ers would wear here, so nothing would surprise me. Went regular home uniforms by default. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Reveal hidden contents

85DyKJr.jpeg

Reveal hidden contents

1FhxKuV.jpeg

The Giants announced last week that they’re wearing those red throwbacks on opening day against the Vikings:

https://sports.yahoo.com/giants-wear-century-red-uniforms-090212676.html#:~:text=The New York Giants will,Minnesota Vikings on September 8.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Hide contents

85DyKJr.jpeg

Hide contents

1FhxKuV.jpeg

Doubt you get Bills in all blue that early in the season. Week 1-3 can still be around 80-90 degrees in Buffalo I expect them to be in all-white

2 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

Doubt you get Bills in all blue that early in the season. Week 1-3 can still be around 80-90 degrees in Buffalo I expect them to be in all-white

I agree that all-blue isn't likely, but I hope we still see the blue over white combo like the home opener last year against the Raiders (which was Week 2). The last Week 1 home opener was 2021 against Pittsburgh, which was a white jersey game that they lost. Haven't seen the Bills wear white at home since, but could be a coincidence.

• Like 1