2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t mind the helmet. Specifically the W on the front and even more specifically on this particular helmet style because of how it sits in the vent area

spacer.png

However, this style of helmet makes the whole thing look like :censored:—

spacer.png

Aa far as the uniform goes as a whole, I’d rather they not look like Dollar Tree unlicensed knockoffs of the Steelers. I’m glad they burned off one of their three games to wear them in the preseason. They need to put them in a dumpster and dumped into the Chesapeake Bay.

I'm the opposite of this; I think the helmet is atrocious, but the uniform, on a standalone basis, isn't awful.  It would be fine for some college alternate or military appreciation game uniform, but for the Washington franchise, it feels sacrilegious.  If they wore the same shell as the Falcons, but with a Maroon mask, Gold stripe, and 2-color Maroon/Gold "W" on each side, it would somewhat salvage it.

Giants vs Cowboys (throwbacks)
Saints vs Falcons (throwbacks)
Packers vs Vikings
Steelers vs Colts
49ers vs Patriots
Chiefs vs Chargers
Raiders vs Browns (throwbacks, unfortunately)

Bunch of great-looking classic matchups this coming weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’m not even upset at the Cardinals all black. It’s more of the Lions going from one of the best looks in football last week to one of the worst. I promise these teams that pants stripes are worth everything to a uniform.

spacer.png

This is a great comparison photo.  Imagine if the Cardinals pants didn't have a pant stripe here.  Shows you how much of a difference it makes.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Colin56 said:

I know I'll be a heretic on this site for saying it, but I like the Commies all-black. They're really dumb and unnecessary, but they're kinda fun, I like the numbers on the helmet, and it's not like the Commies' standard set is all that great.

I don't think the Commanders' alternate black uniform is as bad as people say it is either. They choose the wrong opponents to wear them against. Also, many times the games have been when it is cloudy or raining, or an inside stadium when they used them at Dallas.

The uniform looked best when they used them against the Giants last year. The game being sunny helped it too.

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

53 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

I still don’t know what exactly the Jags were going for with this current uniform set. It’s not futuristic nor classic. It’s not really a modern classic either. It’s just boring for everyone. The teal jersey and pants are the only elements that make any combo interesting at all.

The prevailing theory is overcorrection. The Jags, under Coughlin, were trying to simplify their uniforms after Nike added so many elements to the 2013 set. Surprisingly, the set still has subtle limits for mixing and matching. Most of the forum is hoping the throwbacks are so well received that the Jags make a primary based on it.

• Like 2

I just realized all four prime time games this week featured the home team in its best default home jersey look. Every team wore white pants and contrasting socks, and there were no alternates of any kind. I doubt this will happen many more times this season:

Jets green on white

Falcons black on white

Bills blue on white

Bengals black on white

• Like 2
  • Love 3

35 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

I just realized all four prime time games this week featured the home team in its best default home jersey look. Every team wore white pants and contrasting socks, and there were no alternates of any kind. I doubt this will happen many more times this season:

Jets green on white

Falcons black on white

Bills blue on white

Bengals black on white

If only the Bengals had one pair of white pants

57 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If only the Bengals had one pair of white pants

Maybe this will be possible now with the orange pants. The mismatched stripe colors on the primary jerseys made it difficult to only have one pair of white pants since the pants stripes would only match one of the jerseys, but the Bengals could wear the orange pants with the white jerseys full time and save the white pants with black stripes for CR games.

On 9/19/2024 at 4:07 AM, kaleb_girod said:

Those uniforms were beautiful! Man I miss those so much.

The Titans current uniforms are such a downgrade. Why they ever thought anything was wrong with the previous set is truly beyond me, except for maybe the quirky number font.

As a Titans fan it depends on which combination they wear. I think the navy/light blue/white  or navy/white/light blue in the current set is quite good and better than anything in the old set. The white/white/ light blue in the old set is beautiful.   Anything monochrome blue in either is bottom of the barrel. Personally I think the Titans should have a light blue helmet.

You are correct in that the numbers are the problem with the old set. I have a huge problem with any set when the number font is radically different from the club wordmark font or isn't block.  At least the current Titans numeral font is essentially the same as the wordmark.

It'll be interesting to see if the Titans do a new set when their new stadium opens. I'd love to see them do something radically different from either of these two sets. I have a concept I'm working on that I think people will like.