2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

Some all-time great aesthetic match-ups here.

qzVxrfL.jpg 94zydCO.jpg

Dallas vs Pittsburgh are two bastardized uniforms which are only "classics" because of tradition from half-century ago. Both teams need to clean those unis up. (Dallas, matching colors. Pittsburgh, block numbers)

• Like 2
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

19 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Haha you know players aren't wearing those socks

What makes you say that? Most times when a team wears a throwback the players will follow suit and wear the correct socks. There will probably be a few who don't follow but I think most of the players will wear the right socks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Which is a shame because it’s a nice look for them.

It's fine. I think there's a very specific time and play where they would beat out the white over navy look:

Indoors, against a team that doesn't wear white pants at home. I think about this every time the Bears go down to New Orleans.

So this game: perfect.

SD_SD200610061211008AR.jpg

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

All this Cowboys talk, and I'll just never understand how fans can look at the home whites, and then the navys, and think the navy uni is not a top tier look in the league that should be worn as much as possible, besides "tradition." As others have stated on here, if they made a white version that mirrored the look and color of the navys, they would be a perfect pair that would rival Packers, Bears, and Chargers for that top group

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Dallas vs Pittsburgh are two bastardized uniforms which are only "classics" because of tradition from half-century ago. Both teams need to clean those unis up. (Dallas, matching colors. Pittsburgh, block numbers)

Steelers don't need block numbers

If they wore that unique font in the 70s and switched to block numbers, people would call them boring and wish they would go back to the "classic" numbers.

• Like 9
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

What irks me is that this will be the 18th straight matchup between these teams going back to 1972 with the same uniform combos worn. Maybe the Steelers break out the all-black unis for this game as a change-up, but I doubt it.

That's why I hate teams wearing white at home, especially when the other team never does...the Cowboys wore their white jerseys against the Giants 60 straight times from 1987-2016, for cryin' out loud. (And the (Commanders) wore their white jerseys also against the Giants 42 straight times from 1981-2001...)

• Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

19 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

What irks me is that this will be the 18th straight matchup between these teams going back to 1972 with the same uniform combos worn.

Counterpoint. This is like saying the Sistine Chapel should change it up every now and then. 

1332606636.0.jpg

These teams play each 2 or 3 times a decade. This isn't like Cowboys/Giants (Fun detail that the Giants home uniforms changed several times in that span, even wearing red three times) where its a divisional rivalry you get twice a year.

This is a band that only goes on tour on rare occasions. Play the hits.

• Like 10

56 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Counterpoint. This is like saying the Sistine Chapel should change it up every now and then. 

1332606636.0.jpg

These teams play each 2 or 3 times a decade. This isn't like Cowboys/Giants (Fun detail that the Giants home uniforms changed several times in that span, even wearing red three times) where its a divisional rivalry you get twice a year.

This is a band that only goes on tour on rare occasions. Play the hits.

I know, but I'd like to see this combo on the field ONCE before I croak at least:

crf1haihw0f6u07mweos.jpg

20 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

I know, but I'd like to see this combo on the field ONCE before I croak at least:

crf1haihw0f6u07mweos.jpg

Did a little digging and the Steelers were among the first adapters of the "Make Dallas wear blue on the road" strategy. Steelers went white at home against the Cowboys in 67, 68, and 69. That was before the Eagles or Washington did it.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Did a little digging and the Steelers were among the first adapters of the "Make Dallas wear blue on the road" strategy. Steelers went white at home against the Cowboys in 67, 68, and 69. That was before the Eagles or Washington did it.

Along with the Browns and Cardinals, you're correct. 1964 must have been a confusing year for NFL fans, with 7 teams (literally half of the NFL at that time) wearing white at home all season, the first year the NFL allowed it. (Cardinals, Browns, Cowboys, Colts, Vikings, R**skins, and the Rams).

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Haha you know players aren't wearing those socks

90%+ are. Though I don’t understand the distaste some have for socks that are either striped or even just not white/black. 

11 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 5 (Part2)
Browns at Commanders
TIYfWRe.jpg zBdySaN.jpg
Raiders at Broncos
pnCmkta.jpg iiBo3T8.jpg
Cardinals at 49ers
Y5MS46Q.jpg twmVjn7.jpg
Packers at Rams
9JLC5HE.jpg 4KCBCll.jpg
Giants at Seahawks
8XDMOQm.jpg a6axbzj.jpg
Cowboys at Steelers
qzVxrfL.jpg 94zydCO.jpg
Saints at Chiefs
ELSvdwT.jpg AZLk6pc.jpg

For the Niners, I’d put the red socks on the player model and the white socks on the side. They’re actually fairly good about wearing their socks right with their red jerseys; it’s when the jerseys are white that half the team decides white socks are in order. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

This Seahawks/Lions game is gross. All-white and leggings vs. all-black leotards. So embarrassing what the NFL has come to as far as uniforms.

Gotta give props to the Titans & Dolphins though. That game is beautiful!

Agreed. Titans Dolphins looks identical to last season though. Was kinda hoping for something a bit different.