2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

10 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Slightly off-topic, but I would love to see more two-tone color identities. The most common one is double-blue, but I think double-green, double-red, & maybe even double-purple could all be done really well. 

(The Browns kind of occupy double-orange, since brown is basically just a really dark orange).

The Ravens could easily pull off double purple to as a nod to the iridescent of actual ravens 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Ravens could easily pull off double purple to as a nod to the iridescent of actual ravens 

The crazy thing is I've been envisioning for a while now a reimagined colorway for the Ravens that utilizes a double purple--but only in that a lighter purple would be used as a slight bit of trim, juuusst enough to accent.

(I've also imagined a reality in which the Ravens swap gold for red, but that might be a step too far past the ledge...)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I'd still keep black around (I'm not sure if you were suggesting they drop it), but yeah that could definitely work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Throwbacks for the Saints! Stunner here after the blackout announcement.  I'm less concerned with what Denver wears now.

I don't know what other game on their schedule they could have used the throwbacks for. But it's a good choice, especially since it's a Sean Payton's return game.

6 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'd be down to see the Bucks current template with red lettering and the old Irish sunrise pattern on the sides.

To come back around to the Jets, I wonder how much the restlessness regarding the 60's design that we saw around 2018 or so was just a color issue. Had they just lightened the green to what we saw last night, maybe none of what transpired since happens. I remember this image being VERY popular online and the main thing it has going for itself is just a brighter green.

jets---uniforms.jpg

Is 33 a practice squad player? I don't see anyone with that number on the Jets 53 man roster.

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

I don't know what other game on their schedule they could have used the throwbacks for. But it's a good choice, especially since it's a Sean Payton's return game.

I was wondering when or if the Saints would wear their throwbacks this season. Glad it’s a primetime game for once and in Sean Payton’s return and when they will honor Drew Brees.

The only slight pet peeve I have with the Saints throwbacks is that they’re not technically accurate. The gold helmets should have gray facemasks. They wore these in 2002 against the Buccaneers for a MNF game.

I’ll also add I wouldn’t mind if the Broncos wore all-white or white/navy. Orange pants might be a bit much with the mustard shade of gold of the Saints.

On 10/14/2024 at 10:03 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Interesting. For a hot minute in the early 2000's, the Browns did roll with separating the stripes, at least on the home uniforms.

Not my favorite design of theirs but you can see the concept.

BRO-0496200-H.jpg

I was not a fan of those pants stripes.  Though, the sleeve stripes with the brown separating the orange, I liked 

Also, one thing that bugged me back then, notice the two different Browns wordmarks from jersey to jersey.  One was the old rounded Browns wordmark, and the other the new, at the time, block Browns wordmark.  (Side note, I always hated that block Browns wordmark.  I blame Randy Lerner for that).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I still want the Ravens to incorporate very small Red elements into their uniforms, pulled from the eye of the Raven in their logo.

It would give the uniform teeny tiny little pops.  And it would help separate them further from the Vikings.

They do continue to use it in their team graphics:

GZdVixhXUAAPLjb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GYRDteLXoAAytdy?format=jpg&name=large

GXhqKR6W4AAQxPt?format=jpg&name=large

But yeah, if they never did that, mixing Dark Purple and Team Purple could be cool.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

If only Pittsburgh would wise the hell up and make these the primaries with a white jersey to match.

GZ9DYWuXMAAvanD?format=jpg&name=large

Yes, I love the block font on the Steelers.  Anxious to see the Gray masks on the field to see how I feel about them live.  Love it for one game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Slightly off-topic, but I would love to see more two-tone color identities. The most common one is double-blue, but I think double-green, double-red, & maybe even double-purple could all be done really well. 

(The Browns kind of occupy double-orange, since brown is basically just a really dark orange).

Never really liked two-tone color schemes, the darker shade ends up looking incredibly dull and flat imo.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2024 at 9:06 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Yeah, this uniform still sucks 

spacer.png

It was nice to see this uniform finally done well, but I don't like it all over the current set.  Love the number font.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

It was nice to see this uniform finally done well, but I don't like it all over the current set.  Love the number font.

Shoulders still looked like 💩, which is disappointing because it's so goddam easy to fix.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In a world in which the <NY> logo wasn't "owned" (even if not used) by the Jets, I'd welcome it as a compromise between the current Giants' ny and GIANTS mark.  Not even necessarily with the oval, just the italicized NY.  A little hard to trademark, I guess, so they'd probably have to add something stupid to it, but I think it's past time to move on from the ny.

• Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Is 33 a practice squad player? I don't see anyone with that number on the Jets 53 man roster.

The player in the picture is Jamal Adams, isn’t he?

Anyway, I don’t think it was only the lighter shade that made that image so popular. It was also the Concorde logo, and the shiny green helmet. 

• Like 1