Forum Contests

CC97

Effective immediately I am requesting that no new contests be started on the message board.

I have appointed nitroseed as the "Administrator of Board Contests", and starting soon he will release the set of rules and regulations surrounding all future contests.

Please stay tuned to this thread for any news regarding this matter.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, gang. I'm taking off the wisea$$ hat and am going to speak frankly here. As someone who is going on five years participation in this community's many incarnations, I can state with a fair degree of confidence that Chris is not trying to be a dictator, is not trying to impose an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy and is simply not instituting this new system because he gets off on making rules or wants people to kiss his ring. He's doing it because the challenges and contests are getting out of hand - there needs to be some organization so as to ensure both quality and quantity of participation. As the community gains in popularity, there will continue to be a need to keep things from spinning out into a chaotic mass of cybergoo. This is simply a means of keeping things a little more organized and hopefully ensuring that all of the contests and challenges that take place on this board are true showcases for all of the existing and emerging talent that is clearly abundant here. I'm not asking for people to jump for joy at the new scheme but for crying out loud, please give it a chance to work. Thanks for your time and consideration of this simple request.

Okay, gang. I'm taking off the wisea$$ hat and am going to speak frankly here. As someone who is going on five years participation in this community's many incarnations, I can state with a fair degree of confidence that Chris is not trying to be a dictator, is not trying to impose an unnecessary layer of bureaucracy and is simply not instituting this new system because he gets off on making rules or wants people to kiss his ring. He's doing it because the challenges and contests are getting out of hand - there needs to be some organization so as to ensure both quality and quantity of participation. As the community gains in popularity, there will continue to be a need to keep things from spinning out into a chaotic mass of cybergoo. This is simply a means of keeping things a little more organized and hopefully ensuring that all of the contests and challenges that take place on this board are true showcases for all of the existing and emerging talent that is clearly abundant here. I'm not asking for people to jump for joy at the new scheme but for crying out loud, please give it a chance to work. Thanks for your time and consideration of this simple request.

Yeah, like usual, he's right.

The contests just started gettin' rediculous after awhile....I mean, Gamingboy had one that lasted 16 hours before gettin' pulled....There was one recently with 3 votes...I remember someone started a contest with their first post.

I suggest we have one contest for each of the concepts "genre". Example...

Normal concept challenge

Crossover (IronCrossover)

Photo

Fantasy (e.g., the former Fantasy Wars, headed by moi)

International

Holiday (Discrimibattle)

Hrivnak's Media Challenge

Retro (saintsfan challenge)

That's really all we need, save Logolympiad and Webdave challenge, which are both few and far between. Those're really the only ones anybody ever entered. We don't need a constant flood of contests with a maximum of three entries each. Waste of space.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think that for the time being, new contests should not have a limited amount of participants. Since the number of contests will be limited, they should be open to as many people as possible. Deadlines can still stick, but entries should be encouraged...creativity is the lifeblood of this community.

I do agree there should be a limit to the number of contests at the same time. This forum was set up for sports logos, but there's hardly any news...mostly concepts and contests. Any news gets pushed down to page 2 (sounds like a weird version of ESPN).

[rant mode]

Anyone who thinks this is becoming a dictatorship has either not been here long enough to see what's been going on, or has their head up their ass. Chris does not have to have this message board. He offered it to everyone to enjoy. It can be run however he sees fit. He chooses to spread the management responsibilities to senior members of this board who, over the course of time, have proven to be the most helpful, creative, supportive, and influential in making this place the community it is. Any significant decision is not done on a whim; a lot of dicussion and input comes from the other "mods" and other members of the board.

If anyone doesn't like the way this place is run, stop visiting the site. Go try to start your own board. If you do stay, you owe it to Chris and the others to respect the way things are run.

[/end rant]

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived