Some Things I Noticed

DarthMan

1- The Lions collar is awful! It's a black outline around a collar the same color as the actual uni. Also, the namemark is bad.

2- The Raiders. i guess i've never noticed how crummy their uni is. Just grey letters on black. Ho hum. Do you guys like this?

anyway, those are my two cents...

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

2- The Raiders. i guess i've never noticed how crummy their uni is. Just grey letters on black. Ho hum. Do you guys like this?

Doesn't make a difference to me, although too many people in LA still think they're part of the Raider nation. Am I the only one here to get over the Oakland Traiders? geez... But, yeah, those unis are bland.

VmWIn6B.png

Why does "classic" give a pass on "bland"? That is a question that is starting to bother me, because none of the "classic" trumpeteers is explaining.

The Raiders uniform IS bland. All they'd need to do is put a white ring around a black ring around the numbers. That would liven it up.

And, if you've checked the photo edits thread, the black Raider pants are totally Vegas!

As for the Lions, it is a VAST improvement on the old uniforms, but I guess I didn't look specifically at the collars. I'll pay attention next weekend at the bar, when my Falcons take on the Lions. :)

Classic means having a design/look/color combo so perfect that u dont have to make changes in over 30+ years. Silver and Black baby. Now that is vegas.

Just ask the Yankee fans if they think their classic uni's are "bland".

Anyway, those are my two cents...

The Raiders. i guess i've never noticed how crummy their uni is. Just grey letters on black. Ho hum. Do you guys like this?

Are u on crack or something?????

i doubt it...

i just think its bland and boring

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I'll pay attention next weekend at the bar, when my Falcons take on the Lions. :)

Falcons play Panthers if I'm not mistaken.

I hate "Classic!" lines..

There are some that are/were/and will be perfect, like the Raiders..but others to me are just plain ugly..like the Yanks..yuck.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

the raiders uniforms are sweet, if you put one on you just feel badass, I think the white ones are boring, but the black ones are perfect, I love everything about their uniforms, the skinny line on the pants, the total lack of white on the black jersey they are great, even though I hate the team.

The Lions on the other hand look stupid, I actually liked the old uniforms, and I dont think there was anything wrong with them.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

The Raiders unis are bland... But you put the black one on and you feel like a gangsta, especially the authentic

Lions: At first, I thought the uni modifications were cool... But then they grew on me over a year, and now I can't stand that black on there, it just feels like it don't belong <_<

keep in mind that this is coming from a 49ers fan...

To say the Oakland Raiders look is bland is pure ignorance. Ive said it many times: this is the best identity package in all of sports. Why? Because it truly is a timeless look if there ever was one. The silver helmet, black jersey with silver numbers, and silver pants belong in ANY era. It can be called traditional, modern, and yes even futuristic. Those say the Raiders have a terrible look apparently have no comprehension of what a good uniform is.

To say the Oakland Raiders look is bland is pure ignorance. Ive said it many times: this is the best identity package in all of sports. Why? Because it truly is a timeless look if there ever was one. The silver helmet, black jersey with silver numbers, and silver pants belong in ANY era. It can be called traditional, modern, and yes even futuristic. Those say the Raiders have a terrible look apparently have no comprehension of what a good uniform is.

Amen!

Thank You shark. Very Nicely put.

:notworthy:

They need a Raider that looks threatening--the guy on their helmet looks like he's going to invite you over for a barbecue...

Or one of those guys in the 1950s information film reels

VmWIn6B.png

Bland.

Is that all bad? Not necessarily, but it is still bland.

The powder blue uniforms of the Chargers is classic, too, but you don't see hundreds of thousands clamoring for that look. "Classic" isn't an excuse for bland. The look works to a point, but when the whole league starts moving to a modern look and you're still using the same shirt and pants that the franchise was created with, you might want to think about it.

The thing that gets me is that no one who screams "classic" says anything about returning to a full league-wide classic look. Why not? Because, it is an excuse. To borrow a line from Star Trek 6: "If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it."

Change happens. Live with it.

And as for the Yankees, they and the whole rest of the MLB uniforms are bland. And get rid of the stirrups, it makes them look like they need a trap door for those jammies...

Sorry, the phrase should have been "in two weeks, when the Falcons take on the Lions". Tried to say two things at once.

there are like 3 players in the majors that still wear stirrups. everyone else wears single colored socks.

There isn't a Major league team that needs a new look in my opinion. They all look good. (minus toronto's grey caps, but otherwise they look good)

I mean you never go...that just looks awful, because they have a classic look. I mean, sure lets gunk up over 100 years of tradition.

To me, contant redesigns make me think the franchise is weaker. How many good teams have complete overhauls?

Like any design, most of the time, Simple is better.

Archived