Sheffield on Bonds

Waffles

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, but I can't take what Sheffield said at face value. We don't really know waht happens behind the scenes anyways. If it were true, I call smart strategy on Bonds's part. Making another slugger agrivate an injury, then taking his chef. Once you lose your chef, you've got nothing left.

I saw, I came, I left.

until proven otherwise, as far as i am concerned, bonds records stand. and JQK is a ninny (just kidding man, why cant we have a little good natured fun? :P )

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

Bonds is on the juice. His records are jokes.

I will never recognize any of Barry Bonds' records.

That's exactly why I don't watch MLB. After the strike and a joke steroid policy, why watch guys juiced up play?

Until MLB adopts a strict drug enforcement policy I will not support the league.

86fu8.jpg

images124138_Barry%20Bonds.jpg

Proud supporter of the Carolina's pro teams!

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Hurricanes

Charlotte Bobcats

Come on, this is when it was released. How long has SI been sitiing on this?

Sounds like this article was written a while ago and just released. What better time than with the playoffs coming, it wouldn't have played for SI as well in June now would it? Sounds like what Sheffield was talking like in Spring Training. I doubt he really cares about this stuff right now. SI is just looking to keep the whole BALCO thing in the front of everyones mind going into the post season.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

86fu8.jpg

images124138_Barry%20Bonds.jpg

What do those pictures prove? Seriously. Considering the fact that weight lifting in Major League Baseball didn't pick up until the mid-90's, and the common conception was that muscle would have more of a negative affect on a hitter rather than a positive affect, it really shouldn't be surprising that Barry Bonds has gotten bigger. On top of that, legal supplements probably weren't as effective in the early 90's as they have are now, and Barry Bonds has admitted to taking Creatine, which is a legal supplement. My friend took creatine and it can make you pretty damn big if you stick to your regimen. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Show me two things and I'll believe the accusations. A positive drug test and that steroids help a hitter as much as you people make them out to.

And actually, on top of that -- show me the decline in Barry Bonds' numbers that everyone said would occur.

When I recently went to a Rockies/Giants game, he looked more chubby than overly muscular.

IUe6Hvh.png

When are Bonds apologists going to wake up and just realize this guy is a total :censored:?

Forget the 'roids, which he undoubtedly used. Forget his dealings with the media, the fans, and anyone else who's gotten within a mile of him. Anyone who ditches his wife and kids in the way he did, then proceeds to fight her in court when she asks for a lousy $400/month bump in child support while making (at the time) $10+ million a year, is nothing more or less than a total scuzzbucket.

nav-logo.png

When are Bonds apologists going to wake up and just realize this guy is a total :censored:?

My point exactly. He is a world class jerk. As much as ITE enjoys himself a mouthfull of Barry, even he would admit that Barry is a horrible excuse for a human being.

Bah to Barry Bonds.

oh, and BTW.. i believe every word Sheff said. He seemed to be a genuine guy when he was here in atlanta. Conceited, and overblown.. but genuine.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm not saying that Barry Bonds is this amazing human being.

I'm simply saying -- until you see a positive test, you shouldn't accuse him of being on steroids. And for those who want to jump at Barry Bonds and accuse him of using steroids prove any of these points wrong.

1. Steroids do not help power hitters as much as it's made out to be. Hitting is about batspeed, mechanics, and vision -- I should also include plate discipline. Barry Bonds has better vision that any other player in the league. I've heard from somewhere, I think from the commentary, of an MLB game that it's esitmated that Barry Bonds can read the pitch faster than any player in the game. And that he does so many feet before any other player. Add this to incredible patience at the plate, and there you have Barry Bonds' success, and his astounding total of just 41 strikeouts this season.

2. Barry Bonds would be a small to average sized player in the NFL. Sean Taylor, SAFETY for the Redskins is almost identical in size to Barry Bonds in terms of height and weight and looks far more cut than Bonds does. Not to mention, in the NFL -- you have 300 lbs men that can run 4.6 40's. I have, with my own eyes, seen Cowboy offensive lineman Larry Allen track down a CB. Where are the constant accusations of NFL players doing steroids?

3. Barry Bonds' numbers have not declined like the so-called 'experts' said they would. In fact, Barry Bonds' is having the 2nd best season of his career, when his numbers 'should' be declining. If Barry Bonds had as many at bats this season as he had in his 73 HR campaign, he would have a projected 57 HR's, which is higher than any other year outside of 2001. He would have a projected 172 hits, which would be just 9 shy of his career high, and the 2nd best single season total of his career high. Add this to the fact that he STILL got 102 RBI's when opponents don't even pitch to him when runners are in scoring position.

It's getting ridiculous, guys. You're all over this man accusing him because you dislike him as a person. Don't discredit him as a baseball player.

Once again, I'm not saying he's a good person at all.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'm not saying that Barry Bonds is this amazing human being.

I'm simply saying -- until you see a positive test, you shouldn't accuse him of being on steroids. And for those who want to jump at Barry Bonds and accuse him of using steroids prove any of these points wrong.

1. Steroids do not help power hitters as much as it's made out to be. Hitting is about batspeed, mechanics, and vision -- I should also include plate discipline. Barry Bonds has better vision that any other player in the league. I've heard from somewhere, I think from the commentary, of an MLB game that it's esitmated that Barry Bonds can read the pitch faster than any player in the game. And that he does so many feet before any other player. Add this to incredible patience at the plate, and there you have Barry Bonds' success, and his astounding total of just 41 strikeouts this season.

This is about what I was going to say.

Do I think Bonds has done 'roids? Yeah probably.

But roids don't help with eye/hand coordination or mechanics. In short, they don't help you hit the baseball, which is the hard part. So suppose he was on the juice for 400 of his 700 homers, I'd guess that fewer than 25 went out because of 'roids (just speculation. Nobody really knows).

That makes it all the worse. Ballplayers using steroids to be come huge, risk their lives, tarnish the sport and send a terrible message to kids. And they don't even help that much.

On the juice or not, he may be the greatest player ever. Of course, if he is on the juice, he deserves all the bad publicity for being stupid.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

[sheffield] seemed to be a genuine guy when he was here in atlanta. Conceited, and overblown.. but genuine.

Is this the same knob who admittedly through balls into the stands after having been moved from his preferred position of shortstop over to third base in an effort to force the Brewers to trade him?

Yeah, that's "genuine" alright :mad:

It's where I sit.

Archived