Woo Dude you are like a total joke

NJTank

I don't know what to say aside from the fact that I've lost all respect for him!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Although I haven't agreed with Ricky Williams up to this point -- I will say that Ricky Williams did get screwed on the whole deal of having to pay the $8.6 million signing bonus back.

First off, the Dolphins didn't pay Ricky the entire $8.6 mill, the Saints payed about $3 mill. of it, so it's wrong that Miami gets the entire amount back to begin with, which I believe they do. And second off, it's a SIGNING bonus. It's a bonus from signing the piece of paper to join the team. It is seperate from the other salary which is based on your playing for the team.

Ricky definetely screwed himself over in that he's not eligable to return for a year, as I understand it. On top of Ricky's 4 game suspension that already awaits him, something about the terms of his retirement and the timing, like before a drug test or something, gives him a 4th infraction of the the substance abuse policy, resulting in an indefinete suspension, which is usually about a year.

Tell you this much, he won't be a Dolphin again.

IUe6Hvh.png

I disagree with you. If this was just a signing bonus, why would an arbitrator rule that in favor of the Dolphins? Sorry, but there must have been something in the contract that was the factor in the arbitrator's ruling. I don't know what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was in agreement that he would fulfill the contract, which he of course, did not.

The suspensions are now something that the NFL has to decide and deal with. IMO it would be fair to suspend him for the rest of this season, making him eligible for playing next year. But I'm quite biased, and plus, didn't he file the correct paperwork that would make it impossible to return this year?

I do think we will be seeing #34 in Aqua & Coral again, and I think it's safe for me to take my Williams Jersey outta the trashcan, but I'm still skeptical that he's actually gonna come back.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Ricky was probably too stoned to even notice what was in the contract when he signed it!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think there was a clause in his contract about having to play out the entire contract in order to get the bonus. Thus, Ricky didn't get screwed over, the Saints got screwed over for a few million dollars. Most of his contract was Incentives, which the arbitor ruled he had to pay back. That is probably why he wants to come back, he has no money.

The NFL would have to reinstate him, and if he is reinstated he would probably get about a 1 year suspension because of like intheend said, the timing, or he cited he quite because of random drug testing, would automatically count as a 4th failed drug test.

I disagree with you. If this was just a signing bonus, why would an arbitrator rule that in favor of the Dolphins? Sorry, but there must have been something in the contract that was the factor in the arbitrator's ruling. I don't know what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was in agreement that he would fulfill the contract, which he of course, did not.

The suspensions are now something that the NFL has to decide and deal with. IMO it would be fair to suspend him for the rest of this season, making him eligible for playing next year. But I'm quite biased, and plus, didn't he file the correct paperwork that would make it impossible to return this year?

I do think we will be seeing #34 in Aqua & Coral again, and I think it's safe for me to take my Williams Jersey outta the trashcan, but I'm still skeptical that he's actually gonna come back.

All I've seen about it is saying that he breached the contract -- and he was forced to return any money he made from incentives in the contract and his signing bonus which I completely disagree with. I think it's stupid that they can take away money he's promised by signing the contract, and especially taking away the money he got as incentives. I don't see how it's right that the Dolphins can promise someone money if he goes out and helps them in a certain way, pay him off, and then when he retires, take the money back as if he never made those contributions to the team. "Well, thank you for helping us for the time you did, having been abused by us, with the number of carries we gave you, but since you left, all the yardage you gained us, touchdowns you scored us, and essentially, games you won us, doesn't matter any more and we will be taking your money back".

It's kind of ridiculous that players are expected to honor their contracts all the way through -- but if Ricky Williams was a 35 year old veteran who wasn't getting the job done anymore, nobody would raise an eyebrow at the Dolphins cutting him.

I'm not defending Ricky for retiring when he did -- but I'm saying why take away his incentives and bonus' for the time he played with your team? I think that's really stupid.

IUe6Hvh.png

Giving back his signing bonus was a clause in his contract if he didn't show up. If he didn't agree with it, he shouldn't have put his name on it.

Say what you want, but there is a reason the arbitrator ruled in favor of the Dolphins on this: it was explicitly in his contract.

It's kind of ridiculous that players are expected to honor their contracts all the way through.

Do you listen to yourself when you speak?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Do you read the entire sentence, or post for that matter, before you respond?

It's easy to take things out of context. For instance, in your quote, there is a period at the end, making it a complete thought, as though that is how I stated it. But there was no period at the end when it was originally wrote.

It's kind of ridiculous that players are expected to honor their contracts all the way through -- but if Ricky Williams was a 35 year old veteran who wasn't getting the job done anymore, nobody would raise an eyebrow at the Dolphins cutting him.

It's saying 'why should players have to honor their entire contracts when teams don't?'

IUe6Hvh.png

Giving back his signing bonus was a clause in his contract if he didn't show up. If he didn't agree with it, he shouldn't have put his name on it.

Say what you want, but there is a reason the arbitrator ruled in favor of the Dolphins on this: it was explicitly in his contract.

ahhh... I did not know that. I had not read anything about that in any of the articles about him having to give the money back. Then yes, it is fair.

IUe6Hvh.png

But there was no period at the end when it was originally wrote.

I don't remember editing your quote... I never do that... strange coincidence that both John and I edited it the same way though.

Unless John can say honestly say he edited it that way then I guess I did it but forgot that I did.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived