MLB alts in post-season

jkrdevil

Does anyone know if mlb made a rule about alternates can't be worn in the post season? Because so far none of the teams have worn an alternate jersey. I remember last year a lot of alternates were worn. Last year the Twins wore their alts on the road however, this year they didn't.

I must say this has been a nice change.

Does anyone know if mlb made a rule about alternates can't be worn in the post season? Because so far none of the teams have worn an alternate jersey. I remember last year a lot of alternates were worn. Last year the Twins wore their alts on the road however, this year they didn't.

I must say this has been a nice change.

i remember last year the marlins wore their alternate for all six games of the WS.

1997 | 2003

i remember last year the marlins wore their alternate for all six games of the WS.

yeah, that was weird- but there are few alt. wearing teams out therethis year

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

It's not drastically fewer, five compared to six. In fact one of the worst offenders, the Astros, are in there and have yet to do so! I hope it stays this way. Keep alternates OUT of the post-season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

not only that but for most games on the DS and LCS. it was kinda like our good luck uni, the grays didn't bring us many wins. if i remember correctly the marlins were way better when wearing the black unis by a wide margin. i didn't mind as long as we didn't wear that road uni.

1997 | 2003

I'd much rather see away teams at least wear their alternates. I think the idea that every game should be white vs. gray is the worst uniform decision ever made, easily.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Would not be surprised to see Astros in solid white alts Saturday and in the "brick" alt tops Sunday. This has been the pattern at home during the regular season since moving to new ballpark.

You called it on the White Alts for today

I have no problem with alternates in post-season, as long as it is done on the same system as during the regular season. For example, if alts are worn for Sunday home games, then they are OK for Sunday home games in post-season -- but not other times.

Then again, as a Yankees fan, I never worry about such stuff. (Pinstripes at home, gray on the road.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

not only that but for most games on the DS and LCS. it was kinda like our good luck uni, the grays didn't bring us many wins. if i remember correctly the marlins were way better when wearing the black unis by a wide margin. i didn't mind as long as we didn't wear that road uni.

Yeah, that was weird... Which brings up a question: Were the Marlins the only team to win a world championship wearing their alts?

I think the Pirates or the A's of the 70's won in their alts.

In the modren era of the late 90's to present, Yes the Marlins are the lonly team. However only the Marlins, D-Backs and Angels have won the world series outside of the Yankees. The Mets, Padres, and Indians wore there alts regularly in the series but lost.

The Twins wore the alternates once since the All-Star break. That was the day after they clinched the division title in Chicago. They also bagged the red caps at home on Sundays after the break. I like the red caps. However, wearing the blue alternates every other day gets a little tiresome. I think it looks more professional wearing the standard uniform, especially during the postseason.

The Cubs wore blue on the road last October, and it was much better than the grey Chicago uniforms. Much better. The Cubs have one of the best alternates in baseball, if not the best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I definitely love the Cubs alts, but their pinstripes are classic too.

I hear the Yanks and Bosox will be wearing special unis for the ALCS. The will both wear glitzy gold and green spandex suits in honor of the fact that FOX will make a load of money from ratings and advertisements they wouldn't have made if the Twins or Angels made it.

Archived