Edmonton oilers 25th anniversary logo

etown

I like the logo! But the explanations are a bit much. Was a reference to ESPN magazine necessary? I can understand the eleven points, but the nine valleys? C'mon! ???

I saw, I came, I left.

I like the logo! But the explanations are a bit much. Was a reference to ESPN magazine necessary? I can understand the eleven points, but the nine valleys? C'mon! ???

Good luck having eleven peaks and not having 9 valleys. :)

Some of the stuff is bull:censored:, but oh well.

The explanations come AFTER the design. I'm sure they don't say, "Hey, we need 5 points, 11 points, 9 valleys, 4 rivets, etc.

And where is 99 in all of this? That's the number that matters most. ;)

Hey you can have eleven peaks and ten valleys!  :;):  I don't think #99 is necessary for this logo. The key emphasis is on the #25. But maybe if the Oilers celebrate their 99th anniversary they can do that! (Of course that's assuming the Oilers last that long)

I saw, I came, I left.

I'll probably get nailed to the wall for this, but I think if they sorta kept that big oil drop with the "distorted" Edmonton Oilers wordmark inside as their primary logo, it'd look kinda sweet...

Like I say, I'm gonna get flamed for that...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Man, that thing is going to look hideous as a patch. There's not a lot of contrast in that logo and I fear it will look like a blob when sewn on a jersey.

Unfortunately, the Calgary Flames will probably not be able to have a 25th anniversary patch on their jerseys as there will most likely be a season long lockout that year (2004-2005). :(

It does look good, but the explanations behind EVERYTHING are a bit much.  And that reference to ESPN Magazine is extremely stupid.

I'm also curious what that's going to look like as a patch.  They're going to need like a few hundred different shades of blue, silver and dark copper EACH.  They should have at least shown us a basic simpler logo.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

WHAt I find interesting is that there's absolutely no mention of the fact that the club started in the World Hockey Association back in 1973 or so... some 25th anniversary.

Try reading the sheet again.  It clearly mentions the Edmonton Oilers' 7 years in the WHA.

the ESPN magazine comment is stupid and i think they just tried to put some kind of meaning to the 9 valleys.  I can see a dark silver, silver, navy, and copper in the patch on the jerseys.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

You guys are hilarious. But seriously. It's a great looking logo. Yea, the explainations are bit much, but it's all cool. And as for making it a patch, have you SEEN what they are capable of doing with thread and cloth these days? That patch will come out looking just like the logo does on out computer screens, i don't think it'll be a problem...

Good job by the oilers, i like it!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

as a DIE HARD oilers fan...i am so depressed after seeing that patch/logo. what a crock of monkey dung. it's hideous and meaningless.

they MAKE UP meanings on a logo? that seems like such a post-thought. the 3rd jersey i can take, but this...this is a disgrace.

you see, the trouble with this franchise all starts with tradition. the second they got rid of the Orange they started to lose the magic. they should have re-introduced it in the 3rds. If you would have told someone in 1989 that the oilers would one day be dark blue and silver, they'd say "stop drinking, you've had too much"

i hope this patch never gets seen again in any kind of merchandise - especially NOT the ice.

1. the wavy "oilers" ?? what the heck is THAT?? they had a perfectly good oppurtinity to leave it the way it's ALWAYS and ONLY be drawn. It's like making a wavy Habs "C".

2. where's the orange?

3. is that silver AND copper?

4. why not something simple like 5 points for the cups.

5. or a calgary flames logo

booooooooooooooo

Vancouver 2010 Two Man Luge Gold Medalist.

http://www.geocities.com/oilfaninvan

Archived