stockton uniform retirement

barnesdesign

Stockton is getting his number retired on monday and i got to wondering...will they have the banner be old school jazz or the "bottled water" jazz look (from the finals years? right now the only retired number in the newer look is hornacek (still wondering why his is retired)....i'd like to see stockton's the same as the pistol, griffith, eaton, etc....what do you all think?

Stockton is getting his number retired on monday and i got to wondering...will they have the banner be old school jazz or the "bottled water" jazz look (from the finals years? right now the only retired number in the newer look is hornacek (still wondering why his is retired)....i'd like to see stockton's the same as the pistol, griffith, eaton, etc....what do you all think?

Being a Jazz fan this very same issue has arrose in my head as well but when it comes down to it it's a "no brainer". They're retire Stockton in the 1980's - mid 1990's style jersey. He played more season in that uniform and keep in mind that he was in his prime during those years as well.

Hornacek's was a great player and one of the best franchise players to ever play for the Jazz. Tell me this.........why do the Timberwolves have Stacy Patton's jersey retired?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hornacek's was a great player and one of the best franchise players to ever play for the Jazz. Tell me this.........why do the Timberwolves have Stacy Patton's jersey retired?

They don't? You either mean Malik Sealy or named the wrong team.

They don't? You either mean Malik Sealy or named the wrong team

Stacy Patton is the character Malik Sealy played in the movie "Eddie" with Whoopie Goldberg.

What a freakin' great movie. :D

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

They don't? You either mean Malik Sealy or named the wrong team

Stacy Patton is the character Malik Sealy played in the movie "Eddie" with Whoopie Goldberg.

What a freakin' great movie. :D

Oh I should have known that.

Have to break out the Whoopi box set again tonight. ^_^

When the Sixers retired Barkley's #34, they used the new logo, even though he never came close to wearing it. Wouldn't be surprised to see the jazz do the same.

retired_barkley.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Teams generally use their current look at the time of jersey retirement, no matter what era the player played in.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Teams generally use their current look at the time of jersey retirement, no matter what era the player played in.

You know what, I think you're right but it's totally wrong to do so.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

My guess is that it will be the mountain uniform look. Reason being is that the conference championship years were in that time and Stockton hit that shot to win one of them for Utah.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

In Miller Park, the Brewers have these huge displays for the retired numbers. They use the contemporary font, which really bothers me.

None of them - not Hank Aaron, Rollie Fingers, Robin Yount or Paul Molitor (or heck, even Jackie Robinson for that matter) played in the softball uniforms the Crew wears now. The retired number tributes should reflect the era in which they played.

This is how I remeber Stockton and Malone:

hug2.jpg

Not this way:

stock.jpg

Agreed and besides I think the player should decide which style they retire him in.

Retired Number's To Come

Adding to the wrong fonts for players retired...

The Jays have been odd with this.

When they started "retiring" numbers with George Bell and Dave Stieb they used the 77-96 font.

A couple years later all of the banners were gone and replaced with the new 97-03 font.

Continuing along the odd trek, Jackie Robinson is even retired in the 97-03 Jays font...

And when they "retired" Tom Cheek's "number" in September 2004, they used..... the 97-03 font.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Braves do it right for all the players. Just the number that they wore during their era. Simple enough. It looks good as numbers&white circle along one of the upper areas and as sublimated graphics along the outfield wall. They just don't have Jackie on the wall, which makes sense. According to the size of the wall graphics, they've got one blank space left in dead center. My guess the next retired number will be of my man John Smoltz, so he'll go in that spot or there will be a competely new arrangement.

Archived