Dark Jerseys

NickNickNick

The Florida EverBlades are playing the Idaho Steelheads in some delicious ECHL action on my TV right now.

The Steelheads are wearing some sort of American tribute jersey I'd assume and it's way too dark against the EverBlades jerseys.

This pic does not do the confusion justice. This is hurting my eyes.

DSC_00372.jpg

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

i remember one time syracuse and another big east team both showed up on the court in dark uniforms, and the orangemen changed from orange jerseys to white at the half, but they still had orange shorts. it looked funny.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

A couple of years ago, K-State brought out dark lavender :D throwbacks to wear at home against KU - who was wearing road royal blues. I honestly couldn't tell what was going on half the time.

As as sidenote, if any of you remember, KSU failed to order throwback shorts, and the whole thing looked silly.

In other instances, it's kind of cool. I believe (?) USC and UCLA used to do this in football, and there was enough contrast between the two that it looked good.

yeah, i like the usc and ucla games like that. i dont see why teams cant take a page from the handbook of ultimate and both wear colors as long as they have enough contrast, in all sports, although i suppose that would be a controversial judgment call as to where the line was drawn between eough and not enough. when we play ultimate, the only time we ever have to wear whites is when the other team has blue or purple or maybe green jerseys. how cool would an ohio state v. michigan football game be if michigan wore blue and the buckeyes wore scarlet?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think a couple years ago on Thanksgiving the Broncos and Cowboys played in throwback darks (Orange vs. Navy.) It worked, as there was plenty of contrast, but I spent more time looking at the jerseys then really watching the game. I think one team in white just looks more professional, IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And who could forget the following year: New England (red) vs. Detroit ("Honolulu Blue"), followed by the Redskins (Burgandy) against Dallas (Navy blue).

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I remember last year, Wisconsin was playing Illinois in NCAA Basketball and Illinois wore orange jerseys while Wisconsin wore red jerseys. That hurt my eyes a bit.

I believe that was an equipment manager error (or as it is called today, a "wardrobe malfunction"). I think they wore the wrong uni's by accident. No way that was intentional.

"...and you want to be my latex salesman."

vandelay.jpg

I remember last year, Wisconsin was playing Illinois in NCAA Basketball and Illinois wore orange jerseys while Wisconsin wore red jerseys.  That hurt my eyes a bit.

I believe that was an equipment manager error (or as it is called today, a "wardrobe malfunction"). I think they wore the wrong uni's by accident. No way that was intentional.

There was once a game for the Minnesota State High School Hockey Tournament when one team messed up and wore their green jerseys for warmups. Problem was, the other team was already wearing their identically striped green jerseys. Honestly, the only difference in the uniforms was one team had a white 'halo' stripe on the tops of their helmets!

Fortunately they switched to their whites for the start of the game to the great relief of the tv announcers!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I remember last year, Wisconsin was playing Illinois in NCAA Basketball and Illinois wore orange jerseys while Wisconsin wore red jerseys.  That hurt my eyes a bit.

No, that was intentional. Illinois considered (or considers) their orange unis good luck. They didn't want to let Wisconsin know that they were going to be worn, lest the Badgers wear their home whites (in which the Badgers had not lost for a long time (over 20 games)).

It's where I sit.

Archived