NBA Football 2.0

vicfurth

Wow, it's been a while since my last x-over project. ;) Anyhoo, I'm trying the NBA football project again. For those who remember, I tried this a while back, only to quit halfway. Well, I dunno if I will again, but I'm going to try like (insert 4-letter word) to finish this time...

Again, this post will serve as a dumping ground for the project while I explain each concept in a later post as I unveil them. Also, I will be doing each team so no need to request a certain team. There will not be all-orange jumpsuit alternates for the Pistons & Pacers. :D I'm trying a watermark in the background of each concept which, on my monitor anyway, is pretty faint so as to not distract from the crossover.

Ouch, I'm rambling. 'k, on to the project...

Atlanta Hawks

Boston Celtics

Charlotte Bobcats

Chicago Bulls

Cleveland Cavaliers

Dallas Mavericks

Denver Nuggets

Detroit Pistons

Golden State Warriors

Houston Rockets

Indiana Pacers

Los Angeles Clippers

Memphis Grizzlies

Miami Heat

Milwaukee Bucks

Minnesota T-Wolves

Orlando Magic

Philadelphia 76ers

Phoenix Suns

Sacramento Kings

Utah Jazz

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, most of these concepts are going to be close replicas of their basketball counterparts, so no weird templates/wings/Miami Hurricanes-esque stripe across the back of the jersey. (and the peasents rejoice)

Atlanta: Most of the work here went on the collar. I don't have a yellow alternate because it was unveiled after I finished this concept. I might go back and make one later.

I'm also having a separate logo area on each page so you can see the work I did on crossing the logos over. Actually, that part isn't as hard as I thought when I tried this project the first time around. There're some that I've already done that look pretty good (e.g., Warriors, Cavaliers). I can't wait to work on this thing some more.

:woot:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The Celtic alt may be that colour in the NBA,, but it wouldn't work with the helmet you've designed--sometimes in doing crossovers those details need to be altered...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hawks- Diggin' it. Especially the helmet, the hawk head logo works beautifully as a helmet logo. Only nitpick I have is that the football has stripes, and NFL footballs obviously don't have stripes. Other than that, nice.

Celtics- Personally, with the "traditional" thing the Celtics have going, I would've just went with Colts-esque shoulder stripes. Actually, you could have just copied the Colts' look entirely, changing the blue to green. Also, the shamrock needs to be included somewhere. Maybe on the pants, on the collar, a white helmet with green shamrock even. The alternate reminds me of the Gervin-era Spurs uniforms. Overall, not bad.

Bobcats- I'm glad you didn't turn the secondary logo into a football. I like it, especially the pants. Cool stuff.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived