Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

No I don't have them yet

Yes I realise this has already been posted

But with the entire logo package coming out tomorrow along with uniforms, I feel a seperate thread is necessary, rather than continuing to use the "Logos are coming out soon" thread.

Anyways, here's what we've seen so far -- I did some more searching and was able to finish off the rest of the banner, but that's all we've got.

natsbanner.jpg

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not too keen on the 'Washington' banner curving upward like that while the 'Nationals' curves downward. IMO the banner would look better if it were straight. But overall a good clean look. The 'Nationals' part reminds me of the Columbus Destroyers' font, which i like a lot.

oakqb4.jpg

Looks like an all star game logo. especially with that font. I don't like it. The seperate banner up top that says Washington. The all star game script. The plain baseball with the shading. The 7?(maybe, I'm just extrapolating) stars. It seriously looks like an All Star Game logo. Or a Stadium logo. But not a team logo.

Looks a lot like Studio Simon to me.

Ribbon Helps Tie Together Main Logo For Nationals

By Thomas Heath and Barry Svrluga

Washington Post Staff Writers

Sunday, November 21, 2004; Page E08

The primary logo for the soon-to-be-named Washington Nationals will feature "Washington" in a ribbon that rests atop of a rectangle that contains the word "Nationals." Below is a baseball ringed with stars.

There are several versions of the logo, according to a preview of the team marks that were viewed by The Post. All the marks -- variations of the logos that will appear on the team's uniforms, caps and other merchandise -- will be done in the team colors of red, white and blue.

MLB and District officials have scheduled a news conference for noon tomorrow at Union Station to unveil the logos.

Some do not include the baseball, and simply have "Washington Nationals." The team logo on the cap will be a curving "W," on a blue background and on a red background, presumably for home and away games.

Home team logos, which likely will grace the front of the team uniform, include "Nationals" in blue with red trim, and "Nationals" in plain red. Some blue lettering will have gold trim.

The away logos will include "Washington" in plain red and "Washington" in blue with red trim. Some logos will feature "DC" on red and on blue backgrounds, respectively. Other variations include gold trim surrounding a blue "Nationals" or blue "Washington," and some logos will be simply black and white.

oakqb4.jpg

So yeah, I think that the banner CC97 posted *is* the whole logo. Perhaps it is a 'Columbus Destroyers' type-temporary logo, as officials were reportedly making changes as late as Friday (according to the Post).

(That's twice now I've compared them to the Columbus Destroyers in one thread.) :blink:

oakqb4.jpg

I just got an email from the designer...confirming that he's the one who has been working on them...I just a reply to him, asking if it's OK if I tell everyone who he is...

He mentioned in the email that he hopes the "boards community" approves!

I just got an email from the designer...confirming that he's the one who has been working on them...I just a reply to him, asking if it's OK if I tell everyone who he is...

He mentioned in the email that he hopes the "boards community" approves!

Wow!

Could you ask him how long he had to do this (and, if possible, what MLB's vision for it was)?

oakqb4.jpg

Let's hope it's only around for one or two seasons. It is a good allstar game logo, bad team logo. I'm willing to place money on Studio Simon. Anybody remember the double blue and red Angels? I like the company a lot, but that logo reminds me a lot of this one.

It also reminds me of Gravito's Skyliners logo in a way.

I don't think it's SME, their stuff has a different feel to it. Both companies design really cool jerseys though.

Notice the cream in this logo. Red Blue and Cream.

Could you ask him how long he had to do this (and, if possible, what MLB's vision for it was)?

I do know that the whole process was about 3 1/2 weeks...

...and it most definitely was NOT Studio Simon...

Archived