Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

Must be an MLB in-house job. Anyway, will the uniforms debut on Monday?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would make sense, but I don't see anything about this on his official site.

I think he was referring to the Brooklyn Cyclones.

There is a definite Todd Radom feel to the Nationals logo.

Todd Radom Design

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Todd Radom! Of course! He'd completely slipped my mind, but he's worked with MLB on several projects and has a penchant for going with the traditional/classic/retro feel that I was talking about.

What's more, if you're familiar with Todd's work on the Fenway Park 90th Anniversary logo, you'd know that he utilized a banner in that design very similar to the one which contains the word "WASHINGTON" in this Nationals logo.

I could kick myself.

It does definately make sense. I mean look at the Houston Hosting logo and the American League Centennial logo. He's done some pretty bad designs, namely Houston's superbowl and the Indiana Fever. Yuck. But also some good ones, like the Angels. If only they'd use a silver and white hat logo instead of dark red and red.

yeah, it's the exact same. Like Flynnagain. Just kidding, I like Flynn. But that damned hockey stick... :D

P.S. The one that just says Fever in script over a circle? Granted there isn't much to do with the name other than a sickly kid wrapped in covers, but it doesn't do it for me.

FEVER LOGO As not to waste bandwidth, otherwise I'd just inject it into the thread as an image.

Todd Radom did them, according to his site
^ I was referring to this post.

Yeah, I know. The "them" he was referring to was the Cyclones:

I thought Studio Simon did the Cyclones.  Well, with that not being true and Studio Simon not having designed the Nationals, I'm 0-2 today.  Who did design the Cyclones then?
Todd Radom did them, according to his site

Based on the logo that has leaked, I am excited to see the rest.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

You guys guessed correctly...it's Todd. Todd and I have been communicating quite a bit over the last year or so. Great guy. He lurks here a little as well...don't think he doesn't read some of the stuff posted here!

My favorite story of his about this board was when he was reading all of the reactions to his Super Bowl logo (last year - Houston). He said he wanted to jump through the screen and throttle some of you (!). He said that designing that logo was one of the most difficult experiences of his life - being dictated to as to what colors to use, what shape the logo should be, etc., etc.

Apparently, it's not all the designers' fault!

Todd, if you are reading this, know that not all of us are completely blind to the fact that "management influence" can really change a design, take it completely different directions, and make decisions for you, rather than with you.

As for the Nationals.. I think the logo that we have seen is nice. It is clean, sharp, and efficient. I'm not entirely sure it is a LOGO per se, rather just a wordmark, but then again, maybe we haven?t seen everything. I'd like to have seen something iconic come out of this, but as I said before, that?s not Todd's fault.

Well done, Todd. Another good logo. And in 3 1/2 weeks! Hot damn!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived