Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

I was messin around with some more URL's on MLB Shop and I found a whole bunch of new stuff, including a bigger version of the logo. I also noticed on the navy t-shirt, you can kind of see the alternate DC logo on the background.

http://shop.mlb.com/shop/index.jsp?categor...5815&cp=1452340

pMLB2-1769396dt.jpg

Nice to see they used the 'old' Senators' cursive- W for the hat logo...and I know it's a red-white-blue color scheme (It's DC, fercrissakes, what's it supposed to be? Black, blue and bronze?), but it's a NICE red-white-blue color scheme.

I heartily approve this logo design and identity package.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great find.

Here's my issue with the package:

The Primary itself is very nice but it seems like there should be more to the top. Like the Washington Monument on top or something. I don't know it's missing something.

The second issue is with the integration of the cap logo and the primary. I'm sure Todd was probably told to keep the W, but it doesn't blend well together. I'm surprised the wordmark was curved to match.

Everything is really nice and classy looking it just needs tweaking. Maybe in the future?

Home

p1775855reg.jpg

Road

p1776258reg.jpg

Shirts

pMLB2-1769879dt.jpg

pMLB2-1776276dt.jpg

All that are already on sale!!!

And the Washington Nationals Authentic jerseys are at $189.99!

Replicas at $74.99!

I'm already see people asking for those still unknown jerseys to Santa Claus! :lol:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Incidentally, has anyone noticed how the shape of the top of the ribbon mimics the distinctive shape of RFK's roof?  Seems like that's hardly coincidental to me...

heres a pic of the roof at an angle that you can compare it to

stadium_175x150_capital.jpg

Oh, and the Expos site is now offline, redirecting to the Nats' page.

Yes, I checked that one. No more Expos official website with two languages. :cry:

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Oh, and the Expos site is now offline, redirecting to the Nats' page.

Yes, I checked that one. No more Expos official website with two languages. :cry:

Oh yes there is...Expos

BTW, still no signs of jerseys, though i'm starting to get a real good idea of what theyre gonna look like. I also think the font the use alot on that site might appear on the jerseys for names/numbers.

This has gotta be the scrpit on the home jerseys...im_header_ballpark.gif

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I applaud the new design, but have to pan MLB for simply recycling the script "W" of the old Senators. I think they could've paid an homage to the 'Spos by having a block "W" where the "\" part was stars and the "/\/" stripes, invoking the Expos "M" to an extent while at the same time having a "W" "N" thing going.

nav-logo.png

Archived