Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little something I noticed in the logo:

Nine stars, I guess for the nine players on a baseball team. Pretty cool.

I like the whole package, especially like the red away hats, hope to come up and see the parent club (of our New Orleans Zephyrs) next year. ^_^

It is what it is.

Just a little something I noticed in the logo:

Nine stars, I guess for the nine players on a baseball team. Pretty cool.

Does this mean they'll have to switch out the ninth star for a designated star when they play in an American League park?

Yeah do that.  Do exactly THAT

I am on teh fence on this logo. I like its simplicity but there are some minor issues I have with it. One why include gray on the banner and ball when your colors are gold red and blue. Second why have a script W when your letters are block and beveled, just doesnt fit.

Other than that I love the addition of gold and how elegant it looks.

Yeah it probably was mandated but just looks out of place especially with the DC logo so blocky also.

Oh, I agree. I just wanted to point out that (like his SB38 logo) Rowan was probably given a list of certain design elements that had to be incorporated and he did the best he could working within those limits. Fantastic logo IMO.

oakqb4.jpg

I imagine the caps will change down the road.. maybe even to the DC with the gold.

All due respect to Todd, I was curious how natural an addition the capitol building would be to the logo, so i 'shopped it...

wash-nats.jpg

Yes, very natural indeed.

I would also guess that the top banner will change to the shape of the new stadium when it is built.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Second why have a script W when your letters are block and beveled, just doesnt fit.

Methinks MLB mandated the script W on the caps.

It was cheaper that way, they already had those hats from the Senators.

This name has to be temporary, me thinks.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

damn these shameles plugs! :D

as much as i liked that old Senators W, it doesn't fit at all with the Nationals scheme. the DC would be a better fit, but heh. otherwise this looks sharp.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

i for one like the logo that todd came up with. my only suggestion would be to add the capitol building to it like paynomind did in photoshop. the curve in washington is a perfect cradle for it. great job for the short amount of time he had to do this.

Archived