Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The logo is great. I never liked the cursive W, so with this I like it even lees. But I am the only one that feels like Nationals may only be a temp. name and once the stadium deal is complete and there is a new owner that the team will change it's name to the Senators.

The logo is great. I never liked the cursive W, so with this I like it even lees. But I am the only one that feels like Nationals may only be a temp. name and once the stadium deal is complete and there is a new owner that the team will change it's name to the Senators.

The Rangers own the name Senators for the time being, I don't see them giving it up (although I'm fairly sure the new Nationals cap is the same one the Rangers own the rights to)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

wash-nats.jpg

While payno's edit certainly looks awesome, I'd probably refrain from adding the Capitol dome to the logo. Adding the Capitol dome would remind me too much of the Capitals' secondary.

I wonder what it would look like to add a composite "skyline" - consisting of silhouette's of the Washington Monument, Capitol dome and White House - above the "WASHINGTON" banner?

That said, I really don't think that the logo needs anything more. It's simple and classic with just a touch of "retro" style.

Just a little something I noticed in the logo:

Nine stars, I guess for the nine players on a baseball team. Pretty cool.

Does this mean they'll have to switch out the ninth star for a designated star when they play in an American League park?

Well, they DO play in an American League park (at least it was one until 1972).

Just a little something I noticed in the logo:

Nine stars, I guess for the nine players on a baseball team. Pretty cool.

Does this mean they'll have to switch out the ninth star for a designated star when they play in an American League park?

Well, they DO play in an American League park (at least it was one until 1972).

But .... the DH came in 1973. :)

I saw, I came, I left.

They'll become the Grays in two years. I think that's why the Mayor dealt with it and was alright with the whole situation, rather than complaining about the new name they gave them.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

i've been watching this thread all day and compiling my thoughts on what I think of the logo.

1. I agree that the logo is missing something, whether or not it be the Capitol building, White House, Washington mounment, or anything else in DC.

2. I'm glad that they decided to use the old style sctipt "W" for the caps, whether it was their choice or MLB's choice.

3. Good use of the accent color gold in the logos.

overall, i give the logo design a A-, could have been slightly better but the idea is there, they did what they could with a team called the Nationals

i am very impressed with this logo, which adds to a run of nice logos that MLB has churned out in the past few years (New Jays, Padres, Angels), whereas the NBA (Bobcats) and NFL (bengals) seem to be quite lost. Its a very nice mix of old and new school.

I really don't get why they'd use the script W though. Sure its tradition, but that DC logo that just screams to be used on the hats.

As for the unis, im hoping they keep pinstripes on the home unis, with maybe a sleeveless grey road uni, and a Navy alternate.

I imagine the caps will change down the road.. maybe even to the DC with the gold.

All due respect to Todd, I was curious how natural an addition the capitol building would be to the logo, so i 'shopped it...

wash-nats.jpg

Yes, very natural indeed.

I would also guess that the top banner will change to the shape of the new stadium when it is built.

10 POINTS. I like 101% it!!!

--------------------

Ah, there will be a secondary cap with the interlocking DC...

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylc=X3oD...ov=ap&type=lgns

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

It DEFINITELY looks better with the Capitol added. I too don't see the cursive W cap logo fitting with this design. It calls for a W in the style of lettering that the word NATIONALS is in on the logo. Retro with new age just doesn't seem to go together.

I love the cursive W though. It's classic, plus I just happened to buy a Senators throwback hat a few months ago, and now that hat has become the Nat's road hat, so I don't have to rush out and buy one.

VmWIn6B.png

Now, with the Jerseys, would you go with the wordmark? Or would you go with a RedSox-ish or Script font?

I think that this same lettering of the logo would be the wordmark of the jersey.

Hope that the jerseys are pinstriped... maybe with navy pinstripes because the Phillies are too near and wear red pinstripes.

The home cap is all navy blue so it gives me the clue about the color of the pinstripes.

--------------------

BTW: Here the first ever item on sale as a Washington Nationals product in eBay!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5141876639&rd=1

:P

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Archived