Washington Nationals Logos

CC97

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like everything so far... the logo is nice, the DC is a nice secondary but I think it looks too Padres-esque (trade sand for gold) to be the main logo on a primary cap (especially a blue one) -- BP, sure.

I always have loved the red W cap. Even though I was never alive when the Senators existed, it was always one of my favorites on the old "Cooperstown Collection" posters of the caps I used to see at stores -- at least a decade before the 'throwback' era. I even like using the blue version as the home, sort of a reverse Cardinals theme... although I would have loved to see the red piping stick around on that cap.

I don't mind that it probably doesn't fit with the other fonts on the uniforms any more than I do the Twins' TC cap on their current set. It seems everyone loves that cap more, even though the M works better with the uniform wordmark. No difference here...I like the Twins with TC... I like the cursive W for the new Nationals.

From the wordmarks shown on CC's site, I get an idea of what the jerseys will probably look like... and I think they'll be fine, too. Only question will be pinstripes or no, cream or white, etc. But I love the tie to history with those caps.

Apologies for having to link to the urls here instead of images, but I just noticed that the wordmark and logo for the 2004 Japan All-Star Series use the same font as the main lettering of the new Nationals logo. Two examples, first the wordmark from the official MLB site, and second the logo from the MLB shop (click on the cap to enlarge the image):

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/j...y2004/index.jsp

http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?prod...rentPage=family

The Sierra Club ought to give MLB an award for all the recycling that went into the Nationals logo. Which isn't a complaint; I think the new logo works really well for the Washington Nationals. This recycled font, in particular, reminds me of the 1930s-era engraving that adorns so many of the monuments and buildings constructed in DC by the WPA during the Great Depression. I like that. And the fact that the whole logo seems to drape like bunting. And the way the recycled ribbon echoes the profile of RFK stadium. And the way the recycled Nationals text mirrors the arches of Memorial Bridge. So recycling can be a good thing.

20082614447.png

From the Washington Post

The Nationals plan to unveil their complete uniforms on Dec. 13, almost certainly by bringing one of the current players to Washington for a public appearance. Hats -- red for home, blue on the road -- are already on sale. The home jerseys will be white with "Nationals" in red letters with a blue-and-gold outline stripped across the front. The away jerseys will be gray with "Washington" in blue letters with a red-and-gold outline across the chest. Both jerseys will button down the front and have a "DC" logo on one sleeve.

So who can do a concept how this will look?

:flagusa:

Bill813.png

my guess is that they are going straight up plain look, no piping or pinstripes

not very imaginative, but by no means bad

(which is gonna draw the ire of the "uh....baseball uniforms are so boring, they should go back to the 70s styles" crowd, but to those SHEEP I say T.S.)

these unis arent gonna stay- give em a year

Why? The new owners won't be able to pick up the keys until March at the earliest. Knowing the speed at which MLB tends to make really important decisions, June or August is more likely. Will the new owners want to spend their first months changing adequate uniforms the previous owners have already paid for? Nah. So with the possible change to a DC hat instead of a W hat - which wouldn't cost anything, as the design is already done - the 2005 uniforms should stay for 2006.

And then 2007 comes around, and any eager-beaver uniform-redesigning owner will note that the team will be moving to a new stadium in 2008, with the right to petition MLB for a new name. But even if the team remains the Nationals, they'll want to debut new uniforms to go with the new stadium in 2008. Which makes any changes in 2007 a pointless effort and an orphan design. If the team opts for a new name, they'll have to make the decision (at least the decision to dump the Nationals) in 2006, so they can study the question in 2007, which again makes a uniform change in 2007 hugely unlikely.

So I would bet on the 2005 uniforms lasting through 2007 with only minor changes - maybe switching to vests, or changing the cap logo from W to DC, that sort of thing.

20082614447.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello... I'm a free lance artist, from No. Virginia. For the past year or so, I've been successfully marketing my (independent) logos for Washington's baseball team, as well as completing other MLB concepts, 2 of which are in the process of licensing... Recently, New Era Cap Co. formally presented some of my Washington logos to MLB. However, they decided to go w/ the recycled curvy W instead.

As noted by many, w/ the new owners, the logos could very well change, or be added to. regardless, I'm working w/ a local distributor for volume distribution as "independent" DC baseball logos. Although some conservative cynics in the Nats site have bashed these logos, I've gotten a tremendously positive feedback from many fans, and media alike.

The one on TOP is a new concept, which is becoming a favorite, and most ideal for the Nationals. Please, feel free to give your objective feedback on all my designs.

Washington Baseball logos

the others ...

my other MLB concepts

welcome and thanks for gracing us with your presence B)

i must say your work is very impressive. the WN one's clever too

edit: i need to say that Orioles logo is awesome too.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

From a design standpoint I think they are decent.

I am a big fan of incorporating an eagle somehow but the W is getting lost in translation in both designs.

Seems as if they are forced together.

Its great you are getting the design out there but I do think you can refine it and develop it further.

well, hey... I'm open to suggestion / joint venture~ if you can refine, and make any of them better... and they are chosen as official, I'll honestly compensate you, and anyone else according to their contribution.

email me if you are interested, or just post w/ your design tweak and info !

~Chris / washingtonlogo@aol.com

Archived